What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo is in-Good Call?

He's a leader type and we could definitely use that. Sounds like they wanna start him the rest of the year, I hope so, that's the only move IMHO. He's an athlete so maybe we can get some production from him that way as well.

He's a leader type and we could definitely use that. Sounds like they wanna start him the rest of the year, I hope so, that's the only move IMHO. He's an athlete so maybe we can get some production from him that way as well.
Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle and he ends up like a Hundley or something. With our O line, the only chance we have is to have him have a great year. Not likely though.

We don't need him to have a great year. We need him to gain experience in a variety of situations and to get out of the next 7 games healthy.

Just looked up the stats, 18-26 is 69%. 6.5 ypa...I'll take that all day long. That is some pretty competent QB play for anybody. True frosh thrown in on the road in his first game? Color me impressed.

Just looked up the stats, 18-26 is 69%. 6.5 ypa...I'll take that all day long. That is some pretty competent QB play for anybody. True frosh thrown in on the road in his first game? Color me impressed.
yup. especially since his two picks were on catchable long balls against single coverage on Prich (include alleged PI if you wish). You can live with that kind of thing. It's the "why the **** did you throw that into triple coverage on 2d and short to medium" picks that are back-breaking.

He's the guy, I'll be pissed if they bench him for a bad game. He has a different demeanor about him than CW, I think they should just go with him now. Charleston is a good game to get his feet wet as a starter. I'm hoping the offense looks a little different this week, run him a bit maybe.

I guess you are assuming the season is over and the only point is to build for next year?

No I think we will have a couple more wins, but I am not looking for him to be the next freshman sensation. I want him to learn and gain experience, that way maybe next season will be the year we start taking some strides to getting out of this pit.

yup. especially since his two picks were on catchable long balls against single coverage on Prich (include alleged PI if you wish). You can live with that kind of thing. It's the "why the **** did you throw that into triple coverage on 2d and short to medium" picks that are back-breaking.

One of the picks was tipped up by the receiver as well wasn't it? Can't complain about his action behind center.

No I think we will have a couple more wins, but I am not looking for him to be the next freshman sensation. I want him to learn and gain experience, that way maybe next season will be the year we start taking some strides to getting out of this pit.
Gotcha. I agree.

I didn't see it but all our points came when he was playing, that's bottomline. They were still playing starters until we had a big gain and TM had a PI, that wasn't good. Sefo can get it done, I hope lol.

Also we started moving the ball in the 3rd or 4th, and the sun devils brought out the #1 defense again. Tells you something about what he Graham saw from Sefo.

I've been very impressed by how the team and staff handled the transition. The coaching staff has a very specific grading criteria that they share with the players. The players know the consequences of continuing to get failing grades (no matter their position). The staff had been informing both QBs during the week that this could happen. MM immediately named Sefo the starter going forward after the game. It sounded like a well thought out judgement call that is hard to argue with.

I think one thing should be clear with Sefo... true freshman QB's usually struggle and are very inconsistent. Lets not get too down on him if he plays badly

Sefo had the angle on the defender for the tackle on that interception. I think P rich got the tackle but Sefo made the defender slow up and P rich caught him from behind. I remembered during camp Coach made the QB’s participate in tackle drills. Told them they were going to need those skills because of the interceptions they were going to throw. I’m sure that got brought up in film study.
I like the change. It gives us something to focus on.

I've been very impressed by how the team and staff handled the transition. The coaching staff has a very specific grading criteria that they share with the players. The players know the consequences of continuing to get failing grades (no matter their position). The staff had been informing both QBs during the week that this could happen. MM immediately named Sefo the starter going forward after the game. It sounded like a well thought out judgement call that is hard to argue with.
Ditto and could not agree more. These coaches have a plan and are working it. Just need the players to start stepping up now. It is time.

Another silver lining as far as I see it is simplified playbook. The seemed to get back down to basics when he came in, and there were some nice quick dinks. We seems to have gotten away from that recently, as it was try to run, then look deep for prich, then if both of those didn't work, we were already at 3rd and long, and with our o-line, good luck. I think some read-option, screens and quick passes will keep the chains moving better, and help get some points.

Ditto and could not agree more. These coaches have a plan and are working it. Just need the players to start stepping up now. It is time.
Not sure if it's a need to step up or just being completely outclassed athletically. I think the latter but time will tell.

At least we know buffup and buffedup agree with the direction this coaching staff is taking us

I think one thing should be clear with Sefo... true freshman QB's usually struggle and are very inconsistent. Lets not get too down on him if he plays badly
I just hope MM gives him a long leash to grow from. No sense in burning his shirt and then not giving him the reins. Fortunately, MM does not seem like the person who would do that.

Tough situation for Sefo since he has no running game to lean on and an o-line incapable of pass blocking. I hope Lindgren earns his paycheck with some creative play calling to get Sefo comfortable out there and foster success.

Tough situation for Sefo since he has no running game to lean on and an o-line incapable of pass blocking. I hope Lindgren earns his paycheck with some creative play calling to get Sefo comfortable out there and foster success.
under statement of the year.

Back