1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sefo Liufau expects close losses to become wins for Colorado

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Feb 26, 2015.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Ted Miller

[​IMG]Colorado quarterback Sefo Liufau posted a record-breaking season in 2014, setting school single-season marks for touchdown passes (28) and yardage (3,200) as well as TD passes in a single game (7). So it's not a stretch to say he had one of the best seasons behind center in Buffaloes history.Yet Colorado finished 2-10 overall and 0-9 in Pac-12 play, so the program suffered through one of its worst seasons. Holy dialectic opposition!The Buffs, 4-32 in Pac-12 play since joining the conference in 2011, were a lot closer in 2014.

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Pac-12 Blog
    Click here to view the article.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I feel positive for so many reasons.

Honestly, I think this is a team that should make a bowl game... if it was playing in any division other than the Pac-12 South or SEC West. But we're in the Pac-12 South, so it's hard to imagine that kind of 1-year jump. Fingers crossed.

3. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

They're going to have to beat at least 1 of the following 4: ASU, UCLA, AZ, or Stanford

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Of those, I suspect AZ is probably the most likely. Any kind of defense against that team and you should be able to win, especially at home.

We'll also need to win at WSU and at OSU. Winning on the road is not an easy task.

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Bowl. Game.

6. TSchekler

I feel CU has 7 games next year (4 OOC, OSU, WSU and Utah) where they will either be favored in or be single digit dogs. Best case scenario, IMO, is winning 5-6 of those games, leaving the 4 games I mentioned as ones where they're going to have to pull a double digit upset in at least 1, if not 2 of them. I think we all look at Oregon and USC as "no hopers".

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  7. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

I would be okay with single digit upsets.

8. TSchekler

Sure, but it's going to take more than those to make a bowl game this year, which is what I was referring to.