What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo should get back ASAP

Well, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. That's worse.
77d2d447a4829f3413721e4b1b83cdf945d77b7b9beea674ed6a68e7cd53df16.jpg

Am I winning the thread-jackoff?
My dad looked like him, enough where everyone started calling him Jack lol. Kinda creepy in a way. He didn't like being called that though, at all.

I think Montez plays this week as well. No need to rush Sefo back.
I do think that one more week off gives Montez more playing time but also gives Sefo time to completely heal for USC.

Had Montez laid an egg last week I think Sefo would be playing this week. We need the win.

Since Montez showed that he can handle it no reason to rush Sefo back. Get him closer to fully healthy instead of turning it into something that nags him the rest of the season.

Looking like 95% chance Montez starts again. Sefo isn't quite ready. If we played USC this week instead I think they start sefo. It's still clear this is Sefos team
perfect scenario iyam. Montez starts with a chance to confirm he's gonna be awesome, and if things are going to **** Sefo can come in and save the day.

I come down on the "Montez had a great game but still has some growing to do" side. Sefo was playing about as well as any QB in the country. I guarantee that if Montez falters tomorrow, Sefo will be suited up and ready to take over. I'd imagine the hope is we get out in front and win fairly easily so Sefo can get another week to rest.

Conversely, I think Sefo will get the start at SC with Montez ready if needed. This is a luxury, not a problem. I think both guys are mature enough to handle it.

I'd go Montezuma to start. Say he gets dinged up, yeah put Sefo in. Then what if he tweaks his injury? Luxury or not, it's a situation that had better be handled carefully. We go from two starters to zero quickly. Then who we got?

perfect scenario iyam. Montez starts with a chance to confirm he's gonna be awesome, and if things are going to **** Sefo can come in and save the day.

Agreed. Sefo can use rest to get best prepared for next week and Montez could use some more snaps to grow. Hope he slides this week though!

When Steven starts I hope Folsom is packed before game time when they announce his name in the starting lineup. That guy deserves a standing ovation.

I assume Montez is the starter against OSU? If Montez lights up the Beavers I say you stick with him as your starter for USC.
This coincides with something Mac said earlier in the week.."Depends on how hot our team is at the time" Whoever gives us the best chance to win...play the hand

Last edited:
What if Sefo and Montez were in the game at the same time? That would be a helluva thing to defend.

This board is like every sports board.... Montez goes 0-7 against Michigan and everyone is screaming about burning Noyers redshirt. Next week he is a world beater and Sefo is Wally Pipp. Montez is a fumble and an interception away from MM should be fired for playing him again. One win didn't make us Pac-12 champs just yet and didnt make this Montez's team. I'm not the biggest Sefo fan in the world but when he is healthy he plays, and if he stinks it up, then Montez comes in.

This board is like every sports board.... Montez goes 0-7 against Michigan and everyone is screaming about burning Noyers redshirt. Next week he is a world beater and Sefo is Wally Pipp. Montez is a fumble and an interception away from MM should be fired for playing him again. One win didn't make us Pac-12 champs just yet and didnt make this Montez's team. I'm not the biggest Sefo fan in the world but when he is healthy he plays, and if he stinks it up, then Montez comes in.
are you suggesting Allbuffs has no center?!

There is no question that people overreacted to the Michigan game. Michigan started teeing off because we had to pass and Steven made some good throws through it all along with some bad passes. That tends to happen when playing the best defensive team on the schedule and you get thrust into action out of no where.

You are not wrong about the switch in positions on Montez after one game. You are wrong about what happens tomorrow. Other than that, I will allow the douchy, passive-aggressive tone to stand as just who you are.

There is no question that people overreacted to the Michigan game. Michigan started teeing off because we had to pass and Steven made some good throws through it all along with some bad passes. That tends to happen when playing the best defensive team on the schedule and you get thrust into action out of no where.
That michigan DL was so good. They wore our OL down. Outside of Stanford, we won't see that again

Some analysts last year thought that Montez might be a Mariota-like under-the-radar recruit and I bet they'll be right in time. The game at Michigan was too big for him. He looked great against a very bad D in Oregon, with lots of time to make throws and few decisions under duress. Was it just a case of calming his nerves or was it the step down in competition...hard to say. He hasn't had a fair test yet. The O-state secondary will be a step up, but he won't get pressured much. USC will be like another Michigan game; probably tougher (and don't give me that UofM is #4 and USC is 1and4 ****). That will be a test.

Sefo has been through all possible tests; has been asked to put a bad team on his back, has had to absorb all the blame... The men on the team know that. He has to be stronger because of all that. Sefo>>>2016 Montez. But you can bet he'll tell you he is 95% when he is 50%. I even wonder if its really a sprain. He can't be allowed to play at anything less than 100%. Tough situation, but that is the way it is.

Some analysts last year thought that Montez might be a Mariota-like under-the-radar recruit and I bet they'll be right in time. The game at Michigan was too big for him. He looked great against a very bad D in Oregon, with lots of time to make throws and few decisions under duress. Was it just a case of calming his nerves or was it the step down in competition...hard to say. He hasn't had a fair test yet. The O-state secondary will be a step up, but he won't get pressured much. USC will be like another Michigan game; probably tougher (and don't give me that UofM is #4 and USC is 1and4 ****). That will be a test.

Sefo has been through all possible tests; has been asked to put a bad team on his back, has had to absorb all the blame... The men on the team know that. He has to be stronger because of all that. Sefo>>>2016 Montez. But you can bet he'll tell you he is 95% when he is 50%. I even wonder if its really a sprain. He can't be allowed to play at anything less than 100%. Tough situation, but that is the way it is.
Montezooma (I'm going with it) also fumbled once (recovered) and threw 2 picks. We won, but that is hardly a flawless game. Am I excited he is at CU and potentially our QB of the future? Absolutely! He also still has some growing to do. I expect we win comfortably tomorrow against the Beavs. I also fully expect there to be discussion of a few "concerning" mistakes that one would expect from a RS-Freshman QB.

At this point I'm more concerned about Sefo getting hit and waving off the coaches instead of letting Montex...zooma come in. I'm fine with either leading the team going forward.

Back