What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo update

I think Sefo starts despite what the chart says.

Graduate 8 of our top 12 defensive players, we are definitely going to be younger on D next season!

Either way, we are good at that position. Would it piss me off if I was Montezuma, yes it would. Just keep him VERY ready, he might have to play.

Either way, we are good at that position. Would it piss me off if I was Montezuma, yes it would. Just keep him VERY ready, he might have to play.
It's not like Sefo didn't earn that starting position. I acknowledge that Montez has played very, very well.

I'm not arguing that he didn't at all. Hell, the whole program will be his soon. Well, we shall ****ing see huh.

I doubt Irwin returns for a sixth year

I wish he would but If I were his it would be hard to come back.

Another year in college isn't likely to increase his draft value a lot and would cost him a potential year of income.

With his history of injury there is a concern with the risk of another injury stopping his hopes entirely.

I see him as a guy that the pros move inside to guard. We play him at LT because he has been our best OL but I think his skills translate better to the interior. Having that ability to play both inside and outside though should increase his value to a prospective pro team.

If he goes we won't be in panic mode. Haigler as a RS-Fr. has been getting significant time at RT, Lisella as a Soph has also seen playing time at both tackle spots. Ryan Miller may be the best of the group but we don't know because he has had bad injury luck keeping him off the field. All three still need to put on some quality weight but aren't that far away from being physically big enough to compete full time. Also can't count out Middlemiss but he looks to be a little behind the other three.

I wish he would but If I were his it would be hard to come back.

Another year in college isn't likely to increase his draft value a lot and would cost him a potential year of income.

With his history of injury there is a concern with the risk of another injury stopping his hopes entirely.

I see him as a guy that the pros move inside to guard. We play him at LT because he has been our best OL but I think his skills translate better to the interior. Having that ability to play both inside and outside though should increase his value to a prospective pro team.

If he goes we won't be in panic mode. Haigler as a RS-Fr. has been getting significant time at RT, Lisella as a Soph has also seen playing time at both tackle spots. Ryan Miller may be the best of the group but we don't know because he has had bad injury luck keeping him off the field. All three still need to put on some quality weight but aren't that far away from being physically big enough to compete full time. Also can't count out Middlemiss but he looks to be a little behind the other three.

How the hell did you forget Kronshage? :p He'll be a senior next year and is a co-starter at OT this season with Haigler.

How the hell did you forget Kronshage? :p He'll be a senior next year and is a co-starter at OT this season with Haigler.
Didn't forget him, just assumed that he would be one of the two starting tackles, probably on the right side, don't see him as a LT.

If Miller comes on he could end up as the LT, if that happens I would be surprised if Haigler doesn't pass Kronshage to take over the RT spot. That would mean though that we have the luxury of a Sr backup who has played multiple positions.

Also could see Kronshage sliding inside to a guard spot, especially if Lynott takes over the Center spot from graduating Kelly.

Focus of the post though was to highlight the quality of the linemen we have who also have multiple years of eligibility left passing up some of the guys recruited ahead of them We are no longer in that mode of trying to find five guys to put out there who won't get run over by P5 defenses.

Didn't forget him, just assumed that he would be one of the two starting tackles, probably on the right side, don't see him as a LT.

If Miller comes on he could end up as the LT, if that happens I would be surprised if Haigler doesn't pass Kronshage to take over the RT spot. That would mean though that we have the luxury of a Sr backup who has played multiple positions.

Also could see Kronshage sliding inside to a guard spot, especially if Lynott takes over the Center spot from graduating Kelly.

Focus of the post though was to highlight the quality of the linemen we have who also have multiple years of eligibility left passing up some of the guys recruited ahead of them We are no longer in that mode of trying to find five guys to put out there who won't get run over by P5 defenses.

Yeah. They are building depth.

But you really think that Kronshage will either be a backup to Haigler at RT next year or move to RG with someone else coming on to win the LT job?

Yeah. They are building depth.

But you really think that Kronshage will either be a backup to Haigler at RT next year or move to RG with someone else coming on to win the LT job?

I think so. Haigler is already a better tackle in terms of technique than Kronshage. What is holding him back is that he simply doesn't have the size and strength to be a full time OT at the P5 level. They list him at 270 and that may be a little generous. Give him another year on the weights and add 15-20lbs and he will be ahead of Kronshage. Kronshage started his career at CU inside, He played a good amount of guard before moving outside because we didn't have other options. My opinion is that he is better suited to play inside. He is more of a mauler and while he has gotten better doesn't have the kind of feet you would like in an OT.

The question is does somebody else step up at LT? I think Miller has the frame and athleticism to be a classic LT. He just has to get and stay healthy so he can prove it. Lisella might do it but he is a little shorter (6'4") and may be better suited to play inside as well. We also have some others who I have hope for but don't know enough to comment on.

I'm not questioning that Haigler starts at RT next year. He will. Athletically, he could move to the left but he's said that he's much more comfortable with technique on the right.

But your thoughts on Kronshage are confusing me. Are you mixing him up with Kough (who is starting at LG this year)? Kronshage has never been a guard at CU. He was a backup OT the past 2 years ('14 & '15), filling in both as a frosh and soph as the next man up when Irwin got hurt. He has played both LT and RT for us.o_O

I'm not questioning that Haigler starts at RT next year. He will. Athletically, he could move to the left but he's said that he's much more comfortable with technique on the right.

But your thoughts on Kronshage are confusing me. Are you mixing him up with Kough (who is starting at LG this year)? Kronshage has never been a guard at CU. He was a backup OT the past 2 years ('14 & '15), filling in both as a frosh and soph as the next man up when Irwin got hurt. He has played both LT and RT for us.o_O

Kronshage started out at G when he got here then was moved outside due to lack of options there. Embree just left us short of decent linemen and they had to scramble. He filled in some at G when a Fr as well as at OT. Kough is a pure G, even he had a few plays outside but not many because he wasn't well suited for it.

Kronshage has the height to play OT but watching him I see a guy better suited to play inside. As I said he is more of a mauler, his feet don't say OT to me when he is out there, especially against quicker rushers.

Speculating but I think our OL next year could very well be Lynott at C, Kough and Kronshage at the guards, Haigler at one tackle and who ever steps up at the other. If it is Miller who steps up then he will be the LT. If not, Haigler moves to the left side and the other guy plays RT.

Wild card is if Lisella or somebody jumps up at G as well.

We are also in on a couple of potential recruits who "may" factor as true freshmen.

Things are looking up.

Huckins steps in for Lynot, Lynot moves to center, Haigler moves to left tackle, Kronsage moves into the full time right tackle position and Kough stays where he is.

Thats if Irwin leaves, which I don't think he will.

All that young talent starts filling in as red shirt Juniors in 2018(as it should be), unless this next class of awesome O-line recruits passes them up.

Kronshage was never inside.
Actually could have been remembering Huckins in there. Still see Kronshage as more effective inside.

Huckins has been around for awhile but I think the young guys are going to pass him up. Line will be shuffled to make room.

Back