What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo update

Kronshage started out at G when he got here then was moved outside due to lack of options there. Embree just left us short of decent linemen and they had to scramble. He filled in some at G when a Fr as well as at OT. Kough is a pure G, even he had a few plays outside but not many because he wasn't well suited for it.

Kronshage has the height to play OT but watching him I see a guy better suited to play inside. As I said he is more of a mauler, his feet don't say OT to me when he is out there, especially against quicker rushers.

Speculating but I think our OL next year could very well be Lynott at C, Kough and Kronshage at the guards, Haigler at one tackle and who ever steps up at the other. If it is Miller who steps up then he will be the LT. If not, Haigler moves to the left side and the other guy plays RT.

Wild card is if Lisella or somebody jumps up at G as well.

We are also in on a couple of potential recruits who "may" factor as true freshmen.

Things are looking up.

When he got here? Are you talking about his redshirt year? Because he has played tackle all 3 seasons.

Lisella was definitely pressed into duty at OT due to depth & injury issues. He doesn't have the length for it and, yeah, he'll compete for the RG spot next year.

I think it's weird that you're so set on taking a guy who has played well at OT this year and moving him to guard while leaving the LT spot to someone who hasn't ever seen the field. The OT depth is not great, but we have a lot of veteran guards. Assuming that Irwin doesn't come back, that is. If Irwin does come back, Kronshage might get a crack at starting at RG instead of being a backup to the OT spots. That does make sense to me even though it would leave OT very thin behind the starters.

Actually could have been remembering Huckins in there. Still see Kronshage as more effective inside.

Huckins has been around for awhile but I think the young guys are going to pass him up. Line will be shuffled to make room.

OK. That makes sense. Huckins platooned with Callahan at RG last season. He's been working at both C and OG this year while Callahan is the LT2.

@FightCu1414 :

When is Isaac Miller going to get the green light to participate?
That's going to be awhile. I think we will be lucky to see him by the end of the season, and even by then I don't think he will be ready to go in due to rust. Lisella I think is done for the year. Hard to get back into playing shape and gain the weight at the same time. And with Sefo it is possible that he does not start just FYI. Barring any set backs he will be the guy. Looked good today, but you never know with ankles. It can be tricky.

I wish he would but If I were his it would be hard to come back.

Another year in college isn't likely to increase his draft value a lot and would cost him a potential year of income.

With his history of injury there is a concern with the risk of another injury stopping his hopes entirely.

I see him as a guy that the pros move inside to guard. We play him at LT because he has been our best OL but I think his skills translate better to the interior. Having that ability to play both inside and outside though should increase his value to a prospective pro team.

If he goes we won't be in panic mode. Haigler as a RS-Fr. has been getting significant time at RT, Lisella as a Soph has also seen playing time at both tackle spots. Ryan Miller may be the best of the group but we don't know because he has had bad injury luck keeping him off the field. All three still need to put on some quality weight but aren't that far away from being physically big enough to compete full time. Also can't count out Middlemiss but he looks to be a little behind the other three.
Can he apply for a sixth year???

Can he apply for a sixth year???

:ROFLMAO:

Regarding Isaac Miller (to take your question seriously), if he misses this year he might actually have a case since he had that shoulder injury in high school that delayed his enrollment and then I want to say that not only did that cause him to lose weight since he couldn't lift, but that he had some illness (mono?) that complicated things.

If he missed this season with the knee, I think he's got a case that he has missed 2 seasons due to injury.

When he got here? Are you talking about his redshirt year? Because he has played tackle all 3 seasons.

Lisella was definitely pressed into duty at OT due to depth & injury issues. He doesn't have the length for it and, yeah, he'll compete for the RG spot next year.

I think it's weird that you're so set on taking a guy who has played well at OT this year and moving him to guard while leaving the LT spot to someone who hasn't ever seen the field. The OT depth is not great, but we have a lot of veteran guards. Assuming that Irwin doesn't come back, that is. If Irwin does come back, Kronshage might get a crack at starting at RG instead of being a backup to the OT spots. That does make sense to me even though it would leave OT very thin behind the starters.

I appreciate the work that Kronshage has done at RT. I also see him as a guy with some limitations there. We have some kids who are better athletes and better suited for what we want to ask a tackle to do.

LT is a question mark, it may be the kool-aid but I think with the young guys we are going to be okay there. I don't see Kronshage as the solution on the left side in any case.

It is nice though to be able to argue a little about who should be playing instead of trying to figure out how to find five guys who won't embarrass us.

Regarding Isaac Miller (to take your question seriously), if he misses this year he might actually have a case since he had that shoulder injury in high school that delayed his enrollment and then I want to say that not only did that cause him to lose weight since he couldn't lift, but that he had some illness (mono?) that complicated things.

If he missed this season with the knee, I think he's got a case that he has missed 2 seasons due to injury.
Shoulder/mono was his greyshirt year. He was being last year while redshirting and playing scout team. So no.

Indeed. I feel bad for him. That knee is not healing as well as anyone thought. Just swells up still. I think the thought was he would be ready to go for fall camp and here we are October 4th and he still out.

Indeed. I feel bad for him. That knee is not healing as well as anyone thought. Just swells up still. I think the thought was he would be ready to go for fall camp and here we are October 4th and he still out.
No point in rushing him, IMO. I think he has a great future in front of him.

Montez is listed as the starter against 'SC. I'm thinking this might be another game time decision.

I agree with Gary Barnett. If Montez starts and Colorado beats USC, especially if he has a solid game, then Sefo will likely be relegated to backup going forward.

Going into the season, I think we would have all said that the 4 toughest games on paper were: @Michigan, @Oregon, @USC and @Stanford. If Montez were to start and win 2 of those, going 2-for-2, I don't know that it would be possible to relegate him to second string. As much as I believe in Sefo, how do you bench a guy who is 3-0 as a starter with those 2 wins on his resume?

But, hell, this would be a great problem to have. Whoever starts, whatever it means on Sunday with QB controversy, let's just ****ing beat USC.

No point in rushing him, IMO. I think he has a great future in front of him.
Much better than having his future behind him, I sez. THAT can be tricky!

Haigler moves to LT if Irwin doesn't return. Younger guys always seem to "apprentice" at RT. Plenty of quality, if inexperienced depth inside.
With Wilson at S&C, the Rise will continue for the OL.

Going into the season, I think we would have all said that the 4 toughest games on paper were: @Michigan, @Oregon, @USC and @Stanford. If Montez were to start and win 2 of those, going 2-for-2, I don't know that it would be possible to relegate him to second string. As much as I believe in Sefo, how do you bench a guy who is 3-0 as a starter with those 2 wins on his resume?

But, hell, this would be a great problem to have. Whoever starts, whatever it means on Sunday with QB controversy, let's just ****ing beat USC.
I have been saying this all along. This is BIG boy ball. It is about winning. I love Sefo and he is one of my all time favorite BUFFS ever. I hate seeing someone lose a job due to injury, but stuff happens. In all my years of watching football at all levels, this has happened, we are not the 1st. You have to look at it from the other kids perspective. He has his opportunity and has "risen" to the challenge - seized his opportunity- and it is what it is. If your the guy that can get the wins, then that's what it is. Sefo would understand or "seize" his opportunity. At this level it is about forced competition. You have to play the kid that is going to help you win. Hell Montez could get beat out by Noyer? Who knows.

Says Stanford........

I have been saying this all along. This is BIG boy ball. It is about winning. I love Sefo and he is one of my all time favorite BUFFS ever. I hate seeing someone lose a job due to injury, but stuff happens. In all my years of watching football at all levels, this has happened, we are not the 1st. You have to look at it from the other kids perspective. He has his opportunity and has "risen" to the challenge - seized his opportunity- and it is what it is. If your the guy that can get the wins, then that's what it is. Sefo would understand or "seize" his opportunity. At this level it is about forced competition. You have to play the kid that is going to help you win. Hell Montez could get beat out by Noyer? Who knows.[/QUOTE]
QUOTE]
Davis Webb knows![/

I agree with Gary Barnett. If Montez starts and Colorado beats USC, especially if he has a solid game, then Sefo will likely be relegated to backup going forward.
Agreed. If Montez starts, wins the game, and does it in the "business as usual" style they've done it in the last 2 games, I don't see a way Sefo remains the starter. That would be wins in 2 of the toughest Pac 12 road games on the schedule. A good problem to have, yes, but I don't think this team wants any distractions like a major QB controversy.

Agreed. If Montez starts, wins the game, and does it in the "business as usual" style they've done it in the last 2 games, I don't see a way Sefo remains the starter. That would be wins in 2 of the toughest Pac 12 road games on the schedule. A good problem to have, yes, but I don't think this team wants any distractions like a major QB controversy.

A guy with a 3-0 conference record vs. a 4-year starter at QB who was lights out until he got hurt. Man, I'm glad I don't get paid to make those decisions. Honestly, I don't think we can go wrong with either guy. #HotTake

A guy with a 3-0 conference record vs. a 4-year starter at QB who was lights out until he got hurt. Man, I'm glad I don't get paid to make those decisions. Honestly, I don't think we can go wrong with either guy. #HotTake
Agreed. I trust that HCMM, Lindgren and Chev have a good enough handle on what's best for the team and will not just go with Sefo because he's a captain and was the day one starter. Honestly, it all comes down to who operates the offense more effectively, and if they really see no difference between Sefo and Montez in that regard, then the veteran experience and leadership will win out... which I'm fine with.

Sefo was the **** at Michigan.

I can say that while acknowledging that Montez started 17 of 18 at Oregon. But U of O's defense was certainly not Michigan's.

I read Adam's report from yesterday morning. Sefo specifically discusses how his ankle feels fine now dropping back and planting, and what a great improvement that is from last week.

Notably absent was any mention of how it felt while running and cutting.

I read Adam's report from yesterday morning. Sefo specifically discusses how his ankle feels fine now dropping back and planting, and what a great improvement that is from last week.

What I saw in the USC vs ASU game suggests that a stationary target in the pocket would not be a good idea to bring into this game.

Got to be able to run the whole offense.

If you watch the after practice interview with him someone does ask if he can cut and he says he can. Now I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt, because he is going to say whatever gets him back out on the field the fastest.

I still think that with Sefo in more wrinkles in our offensive scheme are available to us and he will make better audibles, I'm just not sure if his lack of mobility and the drop in clutch playmaking ability will be a bigger deficit than the gain we get by having a wide open playbook.
Tough call.
Hell, I don't know. Maybe start Sefo and if he's not hot after 2 drives give him the hook?

You cannot underestimate the power of locker room chemistry. If the sense is that Sefo still has the backing of the team, you can't discount that.

On the other hand, if they feel like Montez gives them the best chance to win, you can't discount that either.

Tough choice. Hope that the staff has a good feel for the pulse of the team.

You cannot underestimate the power of locker room chemistry. If the sense is that Sefo still has the backing of the team, you can't discount that.

On the other hand, if they feel like Montez gives them the best chance to win, you can't discount that either.

Tough choice. Hope that the staff has a good feel for the pulse of the team.

c5e7206350a204c92e5f02b51e35fc1f.jpg

Back