What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo update

Sweet throws by both. Receivers never break-stride with Sefo's long ball but then he has that crazy errant mid range throw a couple times a game. Thing to me is that Sefo for four years has stood and delivered in the pass rush. Even one of the highlights is him throwing a strike while getting clobbered at Michigan. Saw some statistics that Monetz oregon/OSU QBR got better when he was scrambling, but he has faced terrible pass rush so far. Only dangerous pass rush he faced was at Michigan and he was 0-7. Was it nerves? Hard to say...but Sefo has seen it all.

Who does he take them from?

I don't necessarily disagree, but the combo of Fields, Ross, JMac and Bobo is really creating problems for opposing defenses. I can't find a reason why any of those four guys shouldn't be on the field.

Good problem for us. Crappy problem for Ento.
Imagine if Winfree was trying to get time. Can we go 6 wide? lol

Dream if you will a gridiron, an offense with wideouts that zoom.
Cornerbacks strike exhausted poses.
They feel the heat.
As 8-deep by them they blew.
Actual photo of @Buffnik.
artworks-000055749355-guzn2f-t500x500.jpg16b9957

Dream if you will a gridiron, an offense with wideouts that zoom.
Cornerbacks strike exhausted poses.
They feel the heat.
As 8-deep by them they blew.
That's cheating! Burrito is Poet Laureate of AB. His identical twin sister told me!

I understand that sentiment, but other than Michigan, Montez is pretty ****ing clutch. I think Lindgren took too long to start throwing it deep.
I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing Steven but he still needs to slow the game down. I think he still needs to read defenses better, especially picking up blitzes. He needs to realize things like: you can't throw to a receiver on 3rd down who is behind the line to gain with two defenders on him. Stuff like that. His pump fakes might work against Oregon St., but today they just gave USC more time to get to the QB.

I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing Steven but he still needs to slow the game down. I think he still needs to read defenses better, especially picking up blitzes. He needs to realize things like: you can't throw to a receiver on 3rd down who is behind the line to gain with two defenders on him. Stuff like that. His pump fakes might work against Oregon St., but today they just gave USC more time to get to the QB.

So he plays like most freshmen QBs do.

Actually think you are spot on. The game at this level isn't natural for him yet, he is still thinking at times that require that he simply makes the play. Other times he gets locked in and doesn't move on to other options.

He is much better than I expected him to be at this point and he looks like he is learning fast but DCs at this level can throw things at a young guy that they aren't ready for. SC has a freshman QB who is likely to be in the NFL sooner than later and JL got him for 4 INTs and what should have been a 5th that sealed the game.

At this point Montez may be helped by taking some time on the sideline and watching Sefo work. Now he has the experience that will let him apply what he sees without the pressure of the moment.

USC did to him exactly what Michigan did. By the fourth quarter he was doing better, so good experience, but to get through all these pac 12 games we need Sefo. His improvement as the game went on means I'm very excited for Montez's future.

Comes with game time, it'll slow down. He's doing better than I ever thought he would this early. He'll get better from here. I think the whole team will. One big lesson should be making a team pay for turnovers, I don't give a damn if a USC guy walked up and handed us the ball. Say thank you, then **** you when you cash it into points.

I feel like Montez is going to be great but right now a healthy Sefo has the mental edge against tougher competition. Montez is still raw and may become better than Sefo once he has some of that experience but right now we need Sefo back

While a loss isnt good, this was probably an ok result for the coaches and the team. Montez showed his weaknesses and his youth and effectively nullified the QB controversy. If Montez had won that game things might have gotten uncomfortable in Boulder.

It sounded like he was off all game pretty much. Was it mainly the rush or what? He didn't seem to get comfortable very much, like he was not on his spot.

QB controversy is over IMO. I think Sefo would've done better against USC...he's used to being pummeled and running for his life. Montez is good and will be great with more time.

QB controversy is over IMO. I think Sefo would've done better against USC...he's used to being pummeled and running for his life. Montez is good and will be great with more time.
He couldn't run for his life, or he would have been in. HCMM said post game that Sefo still can't run effectively.

The coaches have a lot of reflecting to do after this one. The offensive game plan just wasn't working. Maybe they thought if Montez hit a few short ones early he'd get into a rhythm and the D would soften up. That didn't happen.

The coaches have a lot of reflecting to do after this one. The offensive game plan just wasn't working. Maybe they thought if Montez hit a few short ones early he'd get into a rhythm and the D would soften up. That didn't happen.

I doubt the coaches have much more reflecting to do on this game. It's the players and fans who bare that burden.

The reflecting that coaches do is how to keep this recruiting class together and how to make it stronger on the lines.

He couldn't run for his life, or he would have been in. HCMM said post game that Sefo still can't run effectively.
Ugh. A health Sefo is still preferable to Montez IMO...but Montez is not a big drop off...which is such a great place to be in.

No question a healthy sefo starts but can you imagine him being hobbled and trying to beat that pass rush yesterday?

As far as ASU, I actually think Montez is the better match up. Establish the run game against that ****ty defense and they will be dead in the second half at altitude. Shouldn't have to pass a ton to put up points on ASU. Give sefo another week to get ready for Stanford where he will definitely be needed.

Back