What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo

I love Sefo. Dude is a warrior. He was playing lights out till he went down. We were in this till the end and possibly win with him in there. Without Sefo going forward, the whole team, each player is going to have to RISE up.

Whatever it is, it didn't look good. Ankles linger too, so if he plays, it most likely won't be 100.

At most Sefo misses this week. With ankle sprains its about pain management and Sefo doesn't care about pain.

YPA 2015: 7.0 (79th)
YPA 2016: 10.2 (12th)
QBR 2015: 50.1 (89th)
QBR 2016: 75.9 (27th)
I know we've played no one, but he never sniffed those numbers last year, even when we played no good teams early.
If this improvement trend continues...
Update:
YPA 2016: 10.1 [-.1] (7th [+5])
QBR 2016: 79.0 [3.1] (13th [+14])
Yea, that's a big time player. He got better or suffered little drop off despite playing the #4 team on the road and getting no help from the running game and having his receivers drop a few catchable, if not perfect, balls.

I hope that this injury will finally convince him to protect himself a little more. Stop trying to run the ball like a fullback. Take what you can get and slide or get out of bounds. If nothing else try to slip the hit instead of taking it straight on.

Sefo is much more important to this team than the extra few yards he gets trying to challenge tacklers.

But during the offseason he was the most hated of the hated. Well, almost.
Not sure anybody in here right now doubts the passion and ability Sefo has to give to the rise of this program yet this season. Can't stand some of the armchair QBs in here who begged the Lord for Davis Webb. **** Webb, not because he decommited, but because he even thought about trying to be a Buff. Sefo's commitment and toughness is outstanding. Here's to hoping his ankle is the same as he is.

For me, Webb would have allowed Sefo to heal. Now I hope he was fully healed. Regardless, our QB depth is an issue and the Juco or Webb would have looked pretty sweet right now going into a game against Oregon that I never would have put in the winnable column 4 weeks ago. I can't bash Webb, and think he might of seen Sefo and realized he could be second string.

Last edited:
Sefo's gotten a lot of undeserved **** in his career but can we just enjoy who Sefo is and enjoy that he's playing well and hope he keeps it up rather than riding a high horse about it? Sefo's career will hopefully one day speak for itself.

I have been a very vocal critic. Hard to find much wrong with his performance this year. Hope the ankle heals quickly.

apparantly he was in full pads yesterday and looked better than he has thus far.
Here's to hoping he will be available.

I love Sefo. Dude is a warrior. He was playing lights out till he went down. We were in this till the end and possibly win with him in there. Without Sefo going forward, the whole team, each player is going to have to RISE up.
He's such a badass. To come in on an injured ankle and throw a perfect 70 yd bomb should go down in the annals of CU lore.

Will anyone other than Sefo get even a single vote for the heart award?

Well when the narrative is that Michigan is back and is ready to roll the Big-10 on its way to a playoff bid, talking about how a QB that could barely stand burned their "elite" secondary for a 70yd TD pass doesn't help.
I know I'm saying nothing new here, and essentially repeating your point...

...but the ESPN agenda has become such a disservice to a great game.

Every Saturday great moments are lost and stories are untold, I'm certain, because they don't fit the convenient narrative.

EDIT: Which isn't to say that Brady and Harbs (JFC) tossing isn't a great story.

Back