What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Selection

Are you talking about the Miami team that Arizona beat by 19?

Fact is that there really isn't a dominant team this year. I agree that Miami is one of a handful of teams I go into the tourney confidently thinking is capable of winning 6 straight against good competition. But I don't see a single team anywhere close to last year's Kentucky squad that we knew wasn't going to get beat by anyone unless it was against about 5 teams who happened to be having a really great night. Miami, just like the other "elites" of 2012-13, is very beatable by about 40 teams in the field if one of those teams is having a really great night. CU is one of those 40. We'd rightly be big underdogs and would lose 85% of the time, but it's not ROFL worthy imho.

Or maybe the one that lost to Georgia Tech at home last week

No, on the whole MWC (Mid-major Worst Conference.) Just think that the MWC is a conference that is grossly overrated and has proven to be this in the past. How many years have the Mountain Weenies run their mouths about how "underrated and dissrespected" they are going into the tourney only to see their teams all gone by the second weekend. I do think the UNM is solid team but the rest of them are over their heads in terms of talent. Even there I don't know that UNM will match up well against a talented Zona team.

I guess we'll find out. But I'd put the MWC up against any conference other than the B1G this season. To give an example of the talent level, UNLV signed 3 Top 100 prospects last year. Katin Reinhardt, XJ's teammate and rated a lot higher than him, was only their 2nd best recruit. Lots of talent throughout the league that could have signed with BCS conference programs (or originally did and transferred in). Also lots of good talent evaluation and development of veteran squads. Finally, that conference has some damn good coaches. Not up-and-comers. Established guys.

I guess we'll find out. But I'd put the MWC up against any conference other than the B1G this season. To give an example of the talent level, UNLV signed 3 Top 100 prospects last year. Katin Reinhardt, XJ's teammate and rated a lot higher than him, was only their 2nd best recruit. Lots of talent throughout the league that could have signed with BCS conference programs (or originally did and transferred in). Also lots of good talent evaluation and development of veteran squads. Finally, that conference has some damn good coaches. Not up-and-comers. Established guys.

Not a ton of favorable breaks for the MWC when you get to the match ups, at least in my point of view. CSU is ****ed. UNLV was done no favor facing Cal in San Jose. New Mexico could easily be eliminated in the Round of 32.

Not a ton of favorable breaks for the MWC when you get to the match ups, at least in my point of view. CSU is ****ed. UNLV was done no favor facing Cal in San Jose. New Mexico could easily be eliminated in the Round of 32.

New Mexico was very deserving of a 2-seed.

Last year's Kentucky team is nowhere on the bracket this year. If any team has a bad day, they are going home. 1's included.

Survive and advance.

Last year's Kentucky team is nowhere on the bracket this year. If any team has a bad day, they are going home. 1's included.

Survive and advance.

About the only sure thing is the 16/1 matchups, just because it has never happened. Outside of that, pure chaos.

Nate Silver's chances for CU:
538brakcet-4-blog480.png

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/18/parity-in-n-c-a-a-means-no-commanding-favorite/

If we make round 2, there are a few matchups that worry me with Miami. We gotta hit shots, none of this 30% type crap. Need to pick up the tempo, we got till next season to rest.

Ben Howland is on ESPN complaining about Zona being seeded higher. He is a snoozer

I guess he wants his guys to feel disrespected and play with a chip on their shoulders. But Arizona beat Miami and Florida in the noncon. They also didn't lose a home game to Cal Poly.

Be honest....who crapped their pants and thought we were out when Oregon popped up as a 12 seed. I sure did.

I get the feeling that the NCAA doesn't put nearly as much stock in the conference tournaments as fans do when it comes to seedings. It only really matters if you're a bubble team and need a quality win. Had Oregon lost to Washington in the quarterfinals, (and remember, that game went to overtime) I could see Oregon getting shipped off to Dayton. (so, a 13ish seed).

They are big and experienced. We'd have to shoot lights out to beat Miami. Illinois will be hard enough.

Back