What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sell me on the O-Line-Sione Tau not a member of the 2009 team

Re: Sell me on the O-Line

What is the plan for Jack Harris? RS?

Just going over the roster at cubuffs, and I just get pumped up seeing the 14 OL we have.

63 Adkins, Ethan OL 6-4 300 So. VR Castle Rock, Colo. (Douglas County)
71 Bahr, Matthew OL 6-4 290 So. 1L Dove Canyon, Calif. (Mission Viejo)
59 Bakhtiari, David OL 6-4 245 Fr. HS Burlingame, Calif. (Junipero Serra)
66 Behrens, Blake OL 6-3 285 So. 1L Phoenix, Ariz. (Brophy Prep)
60 Clark, David OL 6-4 310 So. VR Aspen, Colo. (Aspen)
68 Daniels, Shawn OL 6-3 285 So. 1L Evergreen, Colo. (Mullen)
53 Dannewitz, Ryan OL 6-6 295 RFr. RS San Jacinto, Calif. (San Jacinto)
77 Givens, Bryce OL 6-6 275 RFr. RS Castle Rock, Colo. (Denver Mullen)
76 Handler, Gus OL 6-4 275 Fr. HS Barrington, Ill. (Barrington)
75 Harris, Jack OL 6-6 275 Fr. HS Parker, Colo. (Chaparral)
56 Stevens, Keenan C 6-2 285 Jr. VR Monument, Colo. (Lewis-Palmer)
64 Iltis, Mike OL 6-3 280 So. VR Sarasota, Fla. (Riverview)
73 Miller, Ryan OL 6-8 320 So. 2L Littleton, Colo. (Columbine)
b-79 Tau, Sione OL 6-5 325 So. VR Honolulu, Hawai'i (Damien Memorial)

The b before Tau's name means "excused"....hmmmm. Is Keenan Stevens a long snapper?

Anyway we finally have some big boys up front again!:thumbsup:

Did I miss Solder in there?

there's enough depth now that at the very least we can have an average line..

Whether this line can be great remains to be seen but players like Miller look to be a star..

Have to be always concerned with the injuries, especially with MTM who seems to be always hurt..

One last thing. In the NU game last year the O-line held Suh in check. His only play, although a killer, was catching a batted ball near the line of scrimage (because he never got anywhere near the QB to bat the ball himself). He had 2 tackles, & 1 assist for the entire game. One of those tackels was when we were trying to run the clock out with 6 minutes left and Helfrich basicly telegraphed that we were running to the right side. He was credited with 2 QB hurries, but 1 was completed and the other was more of a coverage hurry. This is the guy that is considered a top 10 NFL draft pick and our rag tag o-line held him in check.

True, but he did pretty much kill Hawkins on that INT return.

True, but he did pretty much kill Hawkins on that INT return.
oh it was a great highlight, but more luck than anything else. Our Oline did good work. However, he did require 2 blockers, which really hurt our running game and limited us offensively.

However, you are a ****tard for remembering that moment. **** you. Ryan Miller is gonna rip off that assholes head and **** down his neck this year.

Last edited:

Not sure we need to "sell you" on anything. Show up on game day and see what happens.

there's enough depth now that at the very least we can have an average line..

Whether this line can be great remains to be seen but players like Miller look to be a star..

Have to be always concerned with the injuries, especially with MTM who seems to be always hurt..

Both of the guys knees are completely shot to hell. I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays football again.

Not sure we need to "sell you" on anything. Show up on game day and see what happens.

Well ****, Dallas, if we all just waited for the games, we could pretty much shut down the Allbuffs football forum in the off-season.

Well ****, Dallas, if we all just waited for the games, we could pretty much shut down the Allbuffs football forum in the off-season.
Wally - That is a good point. I rarely post (I know, that is a blessing for this Board....)....I am to the point where I want the frickin season to start, and stop hypothesizing (if that is a word) on what we will produce on the field. Ten wins, baby...or, at least get some respect back to where it belongs.....

Wally - That is a good point. I rarely post (I know, that is a blessing for this Board....)....I am to the point where I want the frickin season to start, and stop hypothesizing (if that is a word) on what we will produce on the field. Ten wins, baby...or, at least get some respect back to where it belongs.....

I think we're all rarin' to go. I'm not normally the speculative type, but I've heard so much about the o-line and I wanted to understand the hype a little more.

I will be there at the opening kickoff to see it in person. I'm hoping for big things.

Walrus we all hope for big things, and the 4 hour woody they talk about on TV is one of them.:thumbsup:

CU's OL should be better this season with guys having more experience but how much better?

If solder and miller live up to the hype and behrens is healthy,that's 3 pretty good guys right there. Iltis and givens have been talked up a bunch also but this will be their first action. They'll be some growing pains at first getting them to gel but, if we can stay healthy, this team could probably be churning out 200 yds a game mid season on the ground.

The OL line is a group I'm not worried about. It is the group I'm most excited about watching. Personally I'm have no expectations for Tau and MTM. I have a little more intimate info on the Tau situation (no, I'm not expanding on it. I agree with Kyle Ringo that it a personal issue he needs to get behind him/over come) and I don't think MTM will be healthy enough and that's if he decides to not go on his mission.

That said, there is a ton of talent on the OL and I have expectations of this group being the maul you, knock you down, then throw a forearm in your chest while you are down type Oline. I think this OL will be the heart and soul of the team, and we are going to be very pleased by what we see on the field this season. I do expect some growing pains and some WTF moments, but nothing like we've seen in the last 4-5 seasons. If the Buffs are relatively healthy on the OL we'll have a very nice season.

Some one asked about long snapper earlier and that's Justin Drescher's spot, with Austin Bisnow backing him up. Not sure who is after them bbut I believe that one of the incoming freshmen is a long snapper too. (I want to say it was West)

Call me a full on OL koolaid drinker, best and most important unit on the team.

Are you seriously ****ing kidding me?????? :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

These two quotes from his bio struck me as interesting, though....

He will miss the entire season as he has been excused from team activities due to violating team rules.

He also considers himself an "amateur" counselor so-to-speak, as he takes great satisfaction working with friends and loved ones on any problems they bring to him

Maybe he could start taking some of his own good advice????

I guess the Tau thing doesn't really bother me because I've known for awhile that it was unlikely he was going to play this year. I understand the shock and disappointment though. So far, he on the Eric Faatagi route.

I'm not ready to say this is a huge loss, but it would be nice to get some steady good news on the OL for a change.

I'm not ready to say this is a huge loss, but it would be nice to get some steady good news on the OL for a change.

I would categorize a 325 pound loss as "huge".

There's something going on with Sione. The AD has kept this on the down low for a while now.

Kyle had hinted on Scout that things might go south for Tau. Too bad that he's not getting it together. I remember being really excited for the Tau/Maiva acquisitions, and it seems to keep falling apart. Maybe he'll migrate to UCLA? :cry:

And the attrition continues.

I don't know Tau or his situation. Wish him the best and a speedy return in the spring. Hate to condemn him but I do shake my head based on his two year resume of decisions and consequences that have kept him from seeing the field. Starter or not, he would have likely appeared in every game and now depth takes a hit. Let's keep those three freshman redshirts on, PLEASE. i.e. no more of this from the O-Line, or preferably anyone on the team

Back