What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Senior Day/Blackout

Yup. Show up, CRUSH THEIR SOULS. Also show up to beat ASU. It's a 9 PM game. You can do it.

Still available? Can you supply a pointer on how a student can get the tix? My non-sports-interested Buff-daughter is too lazy to find them herself, but I'll persuade her and the boy-toy to get a pair.
They could've been gobbled up by now, but I was shocked to see this tweet.

ESPN press release

The crew of Chris Cotter, Jay Bilas and Greenberg will then move to Duke’s campus where they will appear across ESPN platforms from Friday morning through Saturday in anticipation of that day’s Syracuse-Duke rematch (ESPN, 7 p.m.). Saturday’s 6 p.m. College GameDay Covered by State Farm telecast will derive from inside Cameron Indoor Stadium, with the trio also handling halftime live from the court. The crew of Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale, along with reporter Shannon Spake, will call the game.

Also on Saturday, College GameDay will be represented by Rece Davis, Digger Phelps, Jalen Rose and Jay Williams in Boulder, site of ESPN’s No. 4 Arizona at Colorado Saturday Primetime Presented by DIRECTV game (ESPN, 9 p.m.). The show will originate from the Coors Events Center at 10 a.m. on ESPNU and 11 a.m. on ESPN, and include segments from Duke. Dave Pasch and Bill Walton will have the call of the game, along with reporter Holly Rowe.

Looks like they're being deemapthizing our game. Bilas isn't even going to be there.

I know the Cuse-Duke game is bigger from a national perspective, it's still annoying when we finally get GameDay, this happens. I can't remember them ever doing this kind of thing.

So yeah the 6 PM show, no longer coming from Boulder, which actually isn't that big of a deal since it's just a highlight show, but still.

I understand that it was a College Gameday game last week, but weather caused changes. College gameday is supposed to be an expose of the host campus. It will now be split between a university that has never hosted the show and a university that always does. Just irritating.

I understand that it was a College Gameday game last week, but weather caused changes. College gameday is supposed to be an expose of the host campus. It will now be split between a university that has never hosted the show and a university that always does. Just irritating.
Yeah it's definitely easier for ESPN since they are already there for Duke/UNC. The writing was on the wall for this when they moved back the Cuse-Duke game for the more coveted 7 PM EST spot from 6 PM. College GameDay will be at Duke in a few weeks, making it essentially the first to host twice in a single season in basketball. I'd have more respect for ESPN if they had split it between us and Stanford than this.

I'm not going to bitch. It's not all that we had hoped for. But, then again, I'm not sure I trusted the CU students this year to deliver an energetic broadcast for over 12 hours. And I get the business decision when you've got an undefeated #1 Syracuse at a Top 10 and surging Duke on the schedule that day. ESPN had to be there in force.

I'm just going to focus on what we have and the fact that this is still a very big deal that is unprecedented for CU hoops. With a great showing for Gameday and the game, it will send a national message as well as make ESPN want to come back.

Considering the lack of support the students have shown this year, and considering the administration hasn't done **** to promote this, I'm amazed ESPN is still coming at all.

We ****ed the goat on this one.

Considering the lack of support the students have shown this year, and considering the administration hasn't done **** to promote this, I'm amazed ESPN is still coming at all.

We ****ed the goat on this one.

I am almost starting to get the impression the AD didn't expect to get Gameday and now that its here they are scrambling.

I'm not going to bitch. It's not all that we had hoped for. But, then again, I'm not sure I trusted the CU students this year to deliver an energetic broadcast for over 12 hours. And I get the business decision when you've got an undefeated #1 Syracuse at a Top 10 and surging Duke on the schedule that day. ESPN had to be there in force.

I'm just going to focus on what we have and the fact that this is still a very big deal that is unprecedented for CU hoops. With a great showing for Gameday and the game, it will send a national message as well as make ESPN want to come back.
Taking away the 6 PM highlight show doesn't bother me so much. All it is a highlight show and is usually abbreviated. Nonetheless, it's still exposure.

I don't know how much of the show they are planning on doing from Duke, but I hope it's just a few segments hyping it, not half the show(or more) like I fear.

Still happy ESPN is going to be in Boulder, don't get me wrong. Having GameDay and a prime home game on ESPN a few years ago on a Saturday Night at the height of conference play would've been unheard of.

I am almost starting to get the impression the AD didn't expect to get Gameday and now that its here they are scrambling.
Like others have said, Mike Bohn would've done a much better job here. It does seem like they are doing this last minute though.

Students aren't helping. I've been one of the few people vocal about how the AD has to do more to support the C-Unit, but there's tickets available for the game still. Everyone ****ed up on this. Everyone. And I guarantee a portion of the game broadcast will be discussing how the "U of A" chant can be heard clearly at the game.

Students aren't helping. I've been one of the few people vocal about how the AD has to do more to support the C-Unit, but there's tickets available for the game still. Everyone ****ed up on this. Everyone. And I guarantee a portion of the game broadcast will be discussing how the "U of A" chant can be heard clearly at the game.
There were basically no KU fans (atleast what we are used too), are CU fans going to sell out to UofA?

As far as tickets go, I have only seen a total of 350 online. The 150 student ones on here, and then the 200 on stubhub. Those ranging from $88-$800 ticket sales are fine, its a matter of who shows up or not.

Mike Bohn would have done a better job with this deal. This kind of thing was in his wheel house. RG is just a different kind of AD. They are starting to get things together, and the CUnit said there should be more info about festivities today or tomorrow on twitter. Idk we will see I guess.

As far as tickets go, I have only seen a total of 350 online. The 150 student ones on here, and then the 200 on stubhub. Those ranging from $88-$800 ticket sales are fine, its a matter of who shows up or not.

Mike Bohn would have done a better job with this deal. This kind of thing was in his wheel house. RG is just a different kind of AD. They are starting to get things together, and the CUnit said there should be more info about festivities today or tomorrow on twitter. Idk we will see I guess.

Yeah. RG's going to be the type who will build a donor culture, bring in major corporate sponsorships, and handle the 50,000 foot stuff. And then with that revenue stream be able to hire people to kick ass on student outreach, PR, marketing and promotions.

And if RG were AD last year, who knows if GameDay even shows up this year. I think we were largely selected by how good our fanbase/student section was last year.

And if RG were AD last year, who knows if GameDay even shows up this year. I think we were largely selected by how good our fanbase/student section was last year.

But the AD might be better off financially.

I love Bohn. I'm eternally grateful for what he did. But this is a stupid game to play. It was probably time for him to go.

But the AD might be better off financially.

I love Bohn. I'm eternally grateful for what he did. But this is a stupid game to play. It was probably time for him to go.
Yeah it is a stupid game, I hate the "if game" more than anyone and I'm playing it right now. Gotta take the good with the bad with everyone. That's not to say I'm not giving RG in this aspect though.

That would be great, I'm just hoping for a decent crowd. I hope there's enough emphasis at the game tomorrow without sounding too desperate.

Um, that window has closed. It's 12:59 and we're frantically looking around the bar at this point. CU needs to whore itself out.

That would be great, I'm just hoping for a decent crowd. I hope there's enough emphasis at the game tomorrow without sounding too desperate.
Yeah, I'll be with you guys in spirit on Saturday morning, but fat 35 year olds aren't exactly great marketing tools for colleges. I'll be there for game, just not the Gameday experience.

Um, that window has closed. It's 12:59 and we're frantically looking around the bar at this point. CU needs to whore itself out.
seriously. If it's a sexless innkeeper gone bad situation, them's the breaks.

I got an email about incentives this morning. Not sure why you didn't.

Edit: actually looked at the email and it's for the ASU game, nevermind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know. I got an email yesterday about being potentially in the top 50, but really nothing on the game except the itinerary of the ASU and U of A game. No incentives were emailed. I check with my friends to make sure it wasn't just me who didnt get it.

Back