What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Senior Day/Blackout

It was Shane who did senior day despite having a year of eligibility left from the one he redshirted due to injury.

My guess is ESPN will try to do less predetermined games next years for the GameDay location similar to football, except it will almost always have to be at an ESPN game.

Just so you guys know, this is how CU hoops is still viewed from ACC land:

lvl1.gif
What were they smoking when they picked pre-season GD sites?? AZ @ CU? FAIL ** -- HOOSNICE 02/20/2014 3:02PM

Subject: Bingo. The were smoking and planning with that on the mind because CU was
Posted by: HOOSNICE on 02/20/2014 3:12PM
"supposed" to be good but of course everyone knew Syracuse and Duke were too (and of course expected to be better than Colorado on it's best day).

If spencer hadn't gotten hurt we would be a top 10 team currently. Possibly with only 2 conference losses. Screw them and their basketball snobbery.

If spencer hadn't gotten hurt we would be a top 10 team currently. Possibly with only 2 conference losses. Screw them and their basketball snobbery.

In fairness, a few fans with actual basketball knowledge pointed that out. I'm just showing what the average ACC tool perceives Pac12 and CU basketball as. It's to the point over there where they're attacking Wichita State, Creighton and Saint Louis. Apparently they're in for a rude awakening on Selection Sunday when they realize the ACC has 10 ****ty teams.

East coast bias is the most prevalent in College Basketball. The pac 12 was incredibly underseeded last year too.

East coast bias is the most prevalent in College Basketball. The pac 12 was incredibly underseeded last year too.
Yeah probably, it's the large amount of east coast schools especially the NE corridor. Plus the traditional powers (Duke, UNC, Syracuse, etc). In CFB, the SEC and Big 10 are more prevalent, more so than the ACC/what's left of the Big East. Plus you got the even later starts, not many Pac-12 games are going to begin before 9 PM EST on weekdays.

Yeah probably, it's the large amount of east coast schools especially the NE corridor. Plus the traditional powers (Duke, UNC, Syracuse, etc). In CFB, the SEC and Big 10 are more prevalent, more so than the ACC/what's left of the Big East. Plus you got the even later starts, not many Pac-12 games are going to begin before 9 PM EST on weekdays.

They are also largely unavailable anyway because of the pac 12 network.

Just so you guys know, this is how CU hoops is still viewed from ACC land:

lvl1.gif
What were they smoking when they picked pre-season GD sites?? AZ @ CU? FAIL ** -- HOOSNICE 02/20/2014 3:02PM

Subject: Bingo. The were smoking and planning with that on the mind because CU was
Posted by: HOOSNICE on 02/20/2014 3:12PM
"supposed" to be good but of course everyone knew Syracuse and Duke were too (and of course expected to be better than Colorado on it's best day).

Why did you choose the handle HOOSNICE for that board?

I don't know where that comes from. I haven't seen anyone try to claim that CU is better than Syracuse or Duke. Before the Spencer injury, I think that it would have been a war if we had played UVA but now I'd only give us an underdog's shot at beating them. And post-injury, I still believe that CU is a better basketball team than Pitt, North Carolina and everyone else in the ACC this season.

I don't know where that comes from. I haven't seen anyone try to claim that CU is better than Syracuse or Duke. Before the Spencer injury, I think that it would have been a war if we had played UVA but now I'd only give us an underdog's shot at beating them. And post-injury, I still believe that CU is a better basketball team than Pitt, North Carolina and everyone else in the ACC this season.
Terps came close to beating Duke at Cameron but I think they had the advantage of playing them every year there. CU is clearly better than the Terps.

Yep. Literally 10 teams in the ACC are mediocre to downright bad and the top dogs are often only playing once. UVA's run has been fantastic but the reality is they've played 3 games against Big Dance squads out of the 14 conference games they've played. CU has clearly had a tougher run. CU would have beaten UVA OOC without a doubt. Now, I would bet on UVA but it wouldn't be a kill or sure thing. Pitt doesn't impress me at all. UNC has improved, but despite the big intimidating name, they're quite beatable. McAdoo doesn't do it for me consistency wise. I'd give UNC an edge over us, but nothing drastic.

Last edited:
Apparently CU did this.

[tweet]436704514045796352[/tweet]
There you go:
"Finally, those of you who claimed a ticket online for the game can return to the Coors Events Center starting at 6 p.m. with tipoff set for 7 p.m. Remember to bring your ticket and your Buff OneCard. Blackout the arena with your all-black CU gear and cheer on Coach Tad Boyle and the Buffs against 4th ranked Arizona! Also, be sure to arrive early for Senior Night and a pregame ceremony honoring seniors Beau Gamble and Ben Mills for their final home game of the season.

Remember to be respectful of our opponents and to the rest of our fans and refrain from using profanity, derogatory remarks, or rushing the court. You are on a national stage now, so be loud, prove to the nation that you’re the best student section in the country, and most importantly make all of us at CU proud.
Make it a day to remember and Go Buffs!"

That Syracuse Duke game just got a little less intriguing with them both coming in off losses.
I still think it's a big deal and it really shouldn't be. Both teams are going to get high seeds in the Tourney and *should* be tough to beat. From a national standpoint, that's the game of the day. Sure it's lost a bit of it's luster, but I think given how ESPN is going to promote it will do pretty good ratings wise.

There you go:
"Finally, those of you who claimed a ticket online for the game can return to the Coors Events Center starting at 6 p.m. with tipoff set for 7 p.m. Remember to bring your ticket and your Buff OneCard. Blackout the arena with your all-black CU gear and cheer on Coach Tad Boyle and the Buffs against 4th ranked Arizona! Also, be sure to arrive early for Senior Night and a pregame ceremony honoring seniors Beau Gamble and Ben Mills for their final home game of the season.

Remember to be respectful of our opponents and to the rest of our fans and refrain from using profanity, derogatory remarks, or rushing the court. You are on a national stage now, so be loud, prove to the nation that you’re the best student section in the country, and most importantly make all of us at CU proud.
Make it a day to remember and Go Buffs!"
Yeah good luck with that.

Yep, slip of the tongue there. Just didn't think that part of the email was necessary. I get the profanity part, even if it's hard to enforce. This is the biggest stage CU has this year between GameDay and primetime game on the main network. I know were getting after ESPN for Cuse-Duke (myself included), but truth of the matter is if that game is competitive that probably works to our advantage assuming it doesn't go to 10 OTs, people might keep it on our game.

Yep, slip of the tongue there. Just didn't think that part of the email was necessary. I get the profanity part, even if it's hard to enforce. This is the biggest stage CU has this year between GameDay and primetime game on the main network. I know were getting after ESPN for Cuse-Duke (myself included), but truth of the matter is if that game is competitive that probably works to our advantage assuming it doesn't go to 10 OTs, people might keep it on our game.
Tomorrow I will go through my emails, but I am pretty sure they said the same thing about Kansas. I personally think Kansas deserved rushing the court simply due to our 19 game losing streak to them. Regardless of how we won, I still felt that we deserved to rush the court for that one. On the other hand, beating Arizona for the third straight home game is dumb. If they were number 1 than I can see it, but they aren't so I don't think it warrants it, but if we win I am willing to bet on that we storm the court. Too many bandwagon drunk fans are going to be there.

Tomorrow I will go through my emails, but I am pretty sure they said the same thing about Kansas. I personally think Kansas deserved rushing the court simply due to our 19 game losing streak to them. Regardless of how we won, I still felt that we deserved to rush the court for that one. On the other hand, beating Arizona for the third straight home game is dumb. If they were number 1 than I can see it, but they aren't so I don't think it warrants it, but if we win I am willing to bet on that we storm the court. Too many bandwagon drunk fans are going to be there.
I was fine with the KU rush more because of the way we won it. It feels more real than if were up by 10 and just waiting for it too happen.

In general, I agree with you with UofA. I think GameDay is the wildcard (and yeah those bandwagon drunk fans, who might not have been there for KU). I'm interested to see the crowd we get Saturday AM. I know many are fearing the worse.

I was fine with the KU rush more because of the way we won it. It feels more real than if were up by 10 and just waiting for it too happen.

In general, I agree with you with UofA. I think GameDay is the wildcard (and yeah those bandwagon drunk fans, who might not have been there for KU). I'm interested to see the crowd we get Saturday AM. I know many are fearing the worse.
Talking around campus most people aren't going which sucks. But maybe we will be presently surprised.

Back