What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Senior Day/Blackout

Talking around campus most people aren't going which sucks. But maybe we will be presently surprised.
Yeah after it was hyped up so much August, it's a bit disappointing but not completely surprising given the early start. I just wish people would realize this stuff matters in terms of reputation.

I saw an ad for Gameday last night and they were promoting tomorrow's show as being from 2 locations and I thought they said the early even portion of the show would be broadcast from Duke. Anyone else hear this?

I saw an ad for Gameday last night and they were promoting tomorrow's show as being from 2 locations and I thought they said the early even portion of the show would be broadcast from Duke. Anyone else hear this?
They could've changed it in the last few days, but here's what ESPN said earlier this week:
The show will originate from the Coors Events Center at 10 a.m. on ESPNU and 11 a.m. on ESPN, and include segments from Duke.

I saw an interesting ad on ESPN last night. While promoting the Saturday evening games, they had Syracuse @ Duke at the top and then below it the Zona @ CU game. There was text for Gameday above the graphic for our game. In an ironic twist right up there with rain on your wedding day, it also said "sponsored by DirecTV".

I saw an interesting ad on ESPN last night. While promoting the Saturday evening games, they had Syracuse @ Duke at the top and then below it the Zona @ CU game. There was text for Gameday above the graphic for our game. In an ironic twist right up there with rain on your wedding day, it also said "sponsored by DirecTV".
Well it was at the top NOT only because it's the bigger game but also because it's first, you usually do these things chronologically. I know this maybe an unpopular opinion but I think it's good they are promoting us with them, since our game as a stand-alone isn't as strong.

They could've changed it in the last few days, but here's what ESPN said earlier this week:

It also states this in the article, which confirms what the TV ad said about the late afternoon show originating from Duke:

The crew of Chris Cotter, Jay Bilas and Greenberg will then move to Duke’s campus where they will appear across ESPN platforms from Friday morning through Saturday in anticipation of that day’s Syracuse-Duke rematch (ESPN, 7 p.m.). Saturday’s 6 p.m. College GameDay Covered by State Farm telecast will derive from inside Cameron Indoor Stadium, with the trio also handling halftime live from the court. The crew of Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale, along with reporter Shannon Spake, will call the game.

It also states this in the article, which confirms what the TV ad said about the late afternoon show originating from Duke:
Yeah we already knew that and discussed it here. That makes sense anyways, how many CU fans are going to show up 3 hours before the game? And second and this is the most pertinent point, it's a highlight show for the most part. It's not like Duke is going to be featured. And a lot of the time, this becomes an abbreviated edition anyways with the overruns. Speaking of which, I'm hoping the Cuse-Duke game does NOT go to OT. I'll even root for Duke if I have to ensure that happens.

Back