What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Senior year key to CU Buffs' Jon Embree

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer

Sitting in his office on a mid-June morning with just four recruits having pledged to his program for the 2012 recruiting class, Colorado football coach Jon Embree gave no indication of worry about how he is being received both in-state and across the nation.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
Click here to view the article.

Ehhh... Sounds like the same excuses hawk used to a degree

Depends on whether it's an excuse or a statement of reality when recruiting to Colorado. We're not a place that a ton of guys are going to be able to get to for unofficials and camps. That limits our early recruiting a bit. For Hawkins, I do think it was philosophical based on how he found guys at BSU and wanting a recruit to see the campus before committing. Embree is more balanced and has said that he would like to see around 8 or so guys committed before the season rolls around while getting the rest off official visits and senior year evaluations.

Selfishly, I'd love to see us have 20 guys by June every year so I wouldn't have as much work in the recruiting forum during the season. :smile2: But I don't have a problem with Embree's philosophy. One thing it does do, though, is bet on on-field success during the season to sway the prospects we want and maybe couldn't get during the summer. Huge recruiting risk if we end up having a disappointing season (see Hawkins' 2009 class), but huge upside if we have a season that makes people take notice (see Hawkins' 2008 class).

Back