1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior year key to CU Buffs' Jon Embree

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jul 5, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer

Sitting in his office on a mid-June morning with just four recruits having pledged to his program for the 2012 recruiting class, Colorado football coach Jon Embree gave no indication of worry about how he is being received both in-state and across the nation.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

We should link this to the recruiting forum. Tells alot about the plan that the staff has for our recruits.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Ehhh... Sounds like the same excuses hawk used to a degree

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Depends on whether it's an excuse or a statement of reality when recruiting to Colorado. We're not a place that a ton of guys are going to be able to get to for unofficials and camps. That limits our early recruiting a bit. For Hawkins, I do think it was philosophical based on how he found guys at BSU and wanting a recruit to see the campus before committing. Embree is more balanced and has said that he would like to see around 8 or so guys committed before the season rolls around while getting the rest off official visits and senior year evaluations.

Selfishly, I'd love to see us have 20 guys by June every year so I wouldn't have as much work in the recruiting forum during the season. :smile2: But I don't have a problem with Embree's philosophy. One thing it does do, though, is bet on on-field success during the season to sway the prospects we want and maybe couldn't get during the summer. Huge recruiting risk if we end up having a disappointing season (see Hawkins' 2009 class), but huge upside if we have a season that makes people take notice (see Hawkins' 2008 class).