What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

September 17 - Colorado @ Colorado State (Denver)

No.

"As of Tuesday afternoon, athletic director Mike Bohn said CU had sold 36,218 — 95 percent — of its 38,000 allotment."

Read more: Colorado-Colorado State football game losing luster with Denver fans - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_18889459#ixzz1XwDRokD9
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I think it's telling that we gave an exact number and CSU used a whole number. Sounds like they rounded to get to 16k. Mile High is going to be a dead atmosphere and 75% CU fans wondering why we're playing an 11:30 game in a ****** environment again this year.

Mile High = because the value of this series sucks if we have games at Hughes
11:30 kickoff = because CSU fans get tased and firehosed if we have the game later in the day
Rocky Mountain Showdown = the suck

2-0 really has the Rams thumping their chests. A lot of them don't even see how CU can keep it close. I have a Ram fan that works with me and every time I bring up valid points he just says "Win a game then talk to me."

I really love every thing Colorado. My favorite teams were always CU, AFA, and CSU. But I can't stand CSU anymore mainly because of their fans. CsquaredCC is a good fan. I wish there were more Ram fans like him. Then we would be talking about how great CSU fans are like we did with the Cal fans last week.

2-0 really has the Rams thumping their chests. A lot of them don't even see how CU can keep it close. I have a Ram fan that works with me and every time I bring up valid points he just says "Win a game then talk to me."

I really love every thing Colorado. My favorite teams were always CU, AFA, and CSU. But I can't stand CSU anymore mainly because of their fans. CsquaredCC is a good fan. I wish there were more Ram fans like him. Then we would be talking about how great CSU fans are like we did with the Cal fans last week.

CSU barely hung on to beat New Mexico. In New Mexico's other game, Arkansas beat them 49-0.
CSU comfortably beat Northern Colorado. In UNC's other game, Lindenwood (who the **** is that?) beat them.

Pretty much every program in FBS would be 2-0 if it had played CSU's schedule. I'd bet that at least half of FBS would be 0-2 if it had played at Hawaii and then hosted Cal.

CSU barely hung on to beat New Mexico. In New Mexico's other game, Arkansas beat them 49-0.
CSU comfortably beat Northern Colorado. In UNC's other game, Lindenwood (who the **** is that?) beat them.

Pretty much every program in FBS would be 2-0 if it had played CSU's schedule. I'd bet that at least half of FBS would be 0-2 if it had played at Hawaii and then hosted Cal.

"Talk to me after you win a game."

:lol:

I think it's telling that we gave an exact number and CSU used a whole number. Sounds like they rounded to get to 16k. Mile High is going to be a dead atmosphere and 75% CU fans wondering why we're playing an 11:30 game in a ****** environment again this year.

Mile High = because the value of this series sucks if we have games at Hughes
11:30 kickoff = because CSU fans get tased and firehosed if we have the game later in the day
Rocky Mountain Showdown = the suck

I am interested to see what the final numbers end up being on the CSU side. I was hoping that CSU would sell around 25k, but it is looking more like 20K. I am not up on how these ticket sales are calculated, but does the 16K that CSU has sold include its allotment of student tickets as well?

I am interested to see what the final numbers end up being on the CSU side. I was hoping that CSU would sell around 25k, but it is looking more like 20K. I am not up on how these ticket sales are calculated, but does the 16K that CSU has sold include its allotment of student tickets as well?

You haven't sold all of your student tickets.

Yes. They are inflating their numbers with every available source.

You haven't sold all of your student tickets.

I am confident all the student tickets will be gone. On the Tuesday before last weeks UNC game nearly 7,000 student tickets remained and all sold out prior to the Saturday kickoff. I anticipate that will happen here as well. Probably looking at between 20-22K when all is said and done.

Last edited:
I am confident all the student tickets will be gone. On the Tuesday before last weeks UNC game nearly 7,000 student tickets remained and all sold out prior to the Saturday kickoff. I anticipate that will happen here as well. Probably looking at between 20-22K when all is said and done.

Ya, but who shows up? I'm betting 30k CU and ~15 k CSU, tops. I know quite a few buff peeps who don't go to this game anymore out of protest, including some big time fans. Add in CSU/CU apathy and you got yourself a half full mile high again.

Ya, but who shows up? I'm betting 30k CU and ~15 k CSU, tops. I know quite a few buff peeps who don't go to this game anymore out of protest, including some big time fans. Add in CSU/CU apathy and you got yourself a half full mile high again.

Agreed. My father and I don't go anymore even though it is part of the season ticket bundle. It is a pain in the ass to park/tailgate. Every single year we get F bombed to hell from CSU students walking into the stadium. The seats suck and the stadium atmosphere is horrible. Get this abomination back to the school camupuses where it belongs or sever the cord.

Not to be a downer and all, but as Buff fans we've hated this game from the beginning of the new contract, and it's actually worse than I thought it would be. Jesus, why can't we play on campus? Why do we have to play at all? Wasn't it the governor that got all uppity about it, and suggested that this was somehow good for Colorado? That was sagacious advice on par with The Post's suggestion that we move to the MWC.

It is what it is at this point. The game has certainly lost its luster for both CU and CSU fans. At the end of the day, both CSU and CU need to start winning on the field to get this series back to where we know it can be.

It is what it is at this point. The game has certainly lost its luster for both CU and CSU fans. At the end of the day, both CSU and CU need to start winning on the field to get this series back to where we know it can be.
ehhhh, CU has sold over 90% of its tickets after an 0-2 start in a year where there is no hope. CSU is 2-0. I don't think the problem is on our side. Unless you need us to be good so CSU fans come to see CU play?

CSU is winning, CC, but it's not helping.

It seems that CSU was really hyped about this game and CU wasn't a few years ago.

Not sure I see your point. We have never really cared for this series, are 0-2, and at one of our lowest points in football history and we are still selling out our nearly 40k alottment. CSU was publicly criticized last season for not showing up and it is looking as bad or worse this season with maybe not even getting 20k. We are holding up our end of the bargain to a series that has never really had much luster for Colorado fans to begin with and our winning on the field won't help its luster because of how CSU is viewed. Sorry to sound like a jerk, but this series is not what CSU fans wish it was and their finger pointing for what is wrong needs to be right back at themselves.

Annnnd allbuffs piles on the CSU guy. :lol:. CSU fans are being VERY quiet this year. No trolls have shown up at all.

CSU is winning, CC, but it's not helping.

It seems that CSU was really hyped about this game and CU wasn't a few years ago.

Totally agree. CSU and its fans need to step up. At the end of the day the series isn't going anywhere for the better part of the next decade whether we fans like it or not. My hope is that CSU can start to elevate in the new MWC over the next couple of years and get a fan base re-engaged that hasn't really engaged since 2003.

**** this series and **** CSU and **** Invesco. Quite sad that CSU can't sell there alotment out when they're 2-0 but shouldn't be unexpected.

Would not surprise me at all if CSU won this game. This is CSU's superbowl, and CU's football program sucks.

Would also not surprise me at all if the Buffs mudholed CSU in this game.

CSU fans are being VERY quiet this year. No trolls have shown up at all.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. So I wandered over to ramtardnation, which I knew was a mistake going in. But there was one guy citing a WSJ article about the economy to explain why CSuxU tix sales are down. Ok, I thought. I guess someone forgot to tell the 100,000+ who showed up at the big house last week.

Then it dawned on me... with the bad economy the demand for *^$%ing morons who have only a CScrew diploma to show for their adventure in "higher" education went south.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. So I wandered over to ramtardnation, which I knew was a mistake going in. But there was one guy citing a WSJ article about the economy to explain why CSuxU tix sales are down. Ok, I thought. I guess someone forgot to tell the 100,000+ who showed up at the big house last week.

Then it dawned on me... with the bad economy the demand for *^$%ing morons who have only a CScrew diploma to show for their adventure in "higher" education went south.
Please tell me you posted that. If you did, will rep.

It's too bad that CSU sucks these days, it would be nice if they could be on the level of TCU or BSU (minus the cheating) because then the game may start to matter again. The problem is that just like the stock market.... I don't think there is a whole lot of upside right now... mainly more downside. Regardless of the quality of the teams the series needs to be played on campus. 1 out of every 3 years can be played in Ft Collins

Would not surprise me at all if CSU won this game. This is CSU's superbowl, and CU's football program sucks.

Would also not surprise me at all if the Buffs mudholed CSU in this game.
We may suck but we're still better than CSU. I don't think they've gotten any better than they were last year and we kicked em.

Why would anyone rep this? CSU is a solid academically and on par with many of the PAC schools, including newly added Utah. Anyone from the state of Colorado should be proud of the University system that exists here regardless of affiliation.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...t-rankings?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Cant even sell their student tickets. What a bunch of pussies nothing would make me happier than if we beat them so badly all their fans were gone by half. The only problem with putting it on campus is that fans will want to rush the field when we beat CSewwwww and they are not worthy.

Back