What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

September 24 - Colorado @ The Ohio State - GAME THREAD

When will we win a road game?

• Stanford

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Washington

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Arizona st

• UCLA

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Utah

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 20 32.3%

• 2014 +

• Never

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
[h=1]Colorado to visit Ohio State in 2011[/h]
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State will pay Colorado $1.4 million to come to Ohio Stadium next season and play the Buckeyes.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith confirmed on Tuesday that the Buffaloes will visit Columbus on Sept. 24, 2011.

It is not part of a home-and-home or multi-game contract.

"That's just a single," Smith said. "It worked out to be a good deal. Mike Bohn, the AD there, had an interest in coming this way, so we were able to lock that down."

Ohio State usually pays between $400,000 and $750,000 for nonconference games with no return visit to the opponents' stadium.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5493010

[video=youtube;5qY9tt8qORk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qY9tt8qORk&feature=results_video&playnext =1&list=PL3DFC75BF2E5345D2[/video]

First and 10

• Ohio State is 3-1 all-time against Colorado and 55-26-2 all-time against current members from the Pac-12 Conference
  • The Buckeyes are 9-3 in their last 12 games against current teams in the new Pac-12.
  • The Buckeyes fell out of the AP Top 25 for the first time since Nov. 20, 2004 -- nearly 7 years and ending the nation's longest current streak of appearances in the Top 25 (103 straight weeks).
  • Ohio State is 9-of-11 inside the red zone this season (81.8 percent) with 7 TDs and 2 FGs.
  • OSU had its streak of 95 straight pass attempts without allowing a sack snapped at Miami.
  • Ohio State ranks first in the Big Ten in fewest penalties: 9 for 67 yards.
  • Junior Jordan Hall racked up 123 all-purpose yards in his season debut last week vs. Miami.
  • Etienne Sabino leads all Big Ten players with 4.5 TFL this season.
  • Ohio State is 54-5 at Ohio Stadium since the start of the 2002 season.
  • Ohio State has won 56 consecutive regular-season non-conference home games against teams not ranked in the AP Top 25.
http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091911aah.html

Man. You can just taste the hate for the Golden Buffaloes!
[video=youtube;k_CgyS0GOGM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CgyS0GOGM[/video]

I thought this was a recent interview. Sounds like it was made before the season. My bad.

[video=youtube;M623zdlpqAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M623zdlpqAg[/video]

Last edited:
16.5 points in Vegas.....no respect on the road....bout time we earn some of that back

Has OSU even scored that many points this season combined? I've made some stupid bets in my time, but I believe I'd take that one.

Buffs have no controversy at QB

Updated 05:51 p.m., Friday, September 23, 2011

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — What's brewing with the 2011 Ohio State Buckeyes ...

BUCKEYES BUZZ: With all of the talk about Ohio State's starting QB, there's been very little about Colorado's.
And let's get this out of the way right up front: Tyler Hansen is good.

He has completed 61 of 111 passes (55 pct.) for 912 yards and 7 TDs with just 1 INT for the Buffaloes (1-2).

"He does a great job of keeping the play alive," Ohio State interim coach Luke Fickell said. "He scrambles maybe more to throw than he maybe scrambles to run at times. To me, that's the sign of a really good quarterback."
Hansen has also rushed for two TDs.

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Buffs-have-no-controversy-at-QB-2186084.php

[h=1]Baker's Dozen: Colorado vs. Ohio State[/h]
Posted Sep 22, 2011 by Rob Kunz

Fresh from the oven, it’s another “baker’s dozen”. We tackle 13 topics and preview this week’s Ohio State game with Colorado.

OSU Wins If...
Rob-The Buckeyes get back to basics. On offense, they must execute, and they must be able to keep the Buffaloes defense honest with some type of passing attack. On the other side of the ball, the defenders need to play in space, wrap up and tackle, and trust the other 10 players on the field. Ohio State also needs to get off to a better start. It has been outscored 29-7 in the last two first quarters.

Beau-They play up to their potential. Sounds easy, but it's really that simple. Ohio State is a more talented team and if they play well and I think they will need to, they will win. It’s funny I am thinking of what Coach Bruce always says "you gotta tackle and don't turn that ball over" it applied when he coached and it applies Saturday.

OSU Loses If…
Beau-Hey it’s not out of the question. I was guilty of thinking that despite all this team and program had gone through they could just reload on the fly. We've seen the last two weeks that that is not happening. I think Ohio State wins but they won’t be able to sleepwalk through it. If the Bucks turn it over and give up some big plays in the pass game Ralphie and the Buffs could roll back to Rocky Mountain High with a win.

Rob-It feels sorry for itself. There is still a lot of football to be played this season, good or bad. If the Buckeyes aren’t mentally prepared for this game, there’s no telling what could happen. If Colorado can get some early scores on the board, and allow doubt to creep back into the Bucks’ heads, coming from behind with a freshman quarterback (or one who might be having confidence issues), will be a tall task.
http://www.10tv.com/content/blogs/w.../09/bakers-dozen-colorado-vs.-ohio-state.html

[h=1]Colorado’s climb to top always challenging[/h]
[h=3]Recruiting obstacles make staying up there hard[/h] By Bob Baptist The Columbus Dispatch

Jon Embree saw firsthand how a winning football program is built when he was a tight end at Colorado in the late 1980s. He was one of the building blocks.

He saw coach Bill McCartney, a former assistant to Bo Schembechler at Michigan, take the book of Bo and Woody Hayes from the heartland to the Rockies, implement a fundamental, hard-nosed style of play, and transform the Buffaloes into a perennial top-20 team that won a share of the national championship in 1990.

“Coach Mac always used to say, ‘Who are we? Where are we going? How are we going to get there?’  ” Embree said. “That’s true. We’ve got to know who we are.”

Since McCartney retired in 1994, Colorado has struggled to sustain that identity and success. That is Embree’s task now.

He reminds me of Adam Sandler, the name reminds me of Ray Finkle for some reason.

Ray Finkle yes, always has. The look, though, is the cop from The Hangover...the dude from the Daily Show. Looks just like him.

Back