What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Serious candidates

Another guy to look at I think: Brian Kelly of Cincinatti. He's made a program out of nothing... Surprised nobody has mentioned him so far.

It's back a few posts, but I threw this bit in...

Schaino and Brian Kelly are two of the biggest rising stars in the profession and will continue to get more leverage in financial talks if offered the position, so they're out.

What it comes down to is money, and I think his market value after last year and one game this year is just too high.

we wont get either i kinda like the troy calhoun idea if hawk doesnt turn it around

No more of these small team, small-conference gambles. Find a bona-fide coach, then pay him.

I know it is easier said then done, but jesus.

No more of these small team, small-conference gambles. Find a bona-fide coach, then pay him.

I know it is easier said then done, but jesus.
Agreed...Bohn needs to pony up the dough. Buy out Danny, then pay for the real deal. Football is the only thing that will keep Bohn's world afloat...he knows that.

I think it's worth keeping an eye on how Brady Hoke does this year at SDSU. It took him several years to get Ball State in back-to-back winning seasons. If he cleans up Chuck Long's mess maybe he'd be a suitable replacement after 2010 if Hawk does enough to get to next season but not much more.

U R Joking right?

You could do worse IMO. He was a decent coach in one of the worst jobs in college football at ISU. He has Florida recruiting ties. He knows defense. He has experience as a Big 12 head coach.

You could do worse IMO. He was a decent coach in one of the worst jobs in college football at ISU. He has Florida recruiting ties. He knows defense. He has experience as a Big 12 head coach.

CU isn't going to hire a head coach that was involved in a domestic violence incident with his wife.. Not going to happen..

Also, he's not a very good coach.. We can do a lot better than that..

That is where it falls apart...we could do worse? Damnit, why are we aiming so low?

That is where it falls apart...we could do worse? Damnit, why are we aiming so low?

Bad choice of words. Not saying he would the "wow" hire, but I think he would be a pretty solid hire. He actually had ISU regularly playing in bowl games, that is one of the worst jobs in the country.

Already heard people dropping a certain 1st Bank pitchmans name on the radio. :lol:

Last edited:
Bad choice of words. Not saying he would the "wow" hire, but I think he would be a pretty solid hire. He actually had ISU regularly playing in bowl games, that is one of the worst jobs in the country.
Yes...definitely one of the worse D-1 jobs. But, let's get a top hire! The investment will be worth it...believe me!

Total shot in the dark, but what about Dan McCarney? He's got Big XII ties. He's currently a D line coach at Florida but you know he'd love to be a HC again. Just a thought...

Bohn will be looking for another home run, like Hawk..

sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

Recruiting will always be a big part of college coaching. I think if we do end up going in a new direction, we need to have a guy who has some ties to Texas. To basically be shut out of a state where the majority of our games are seen is not good, especially with all the talent in that state.

You all are losers! Season is only one game old. Glad Mac wasn't around when the internet was available...

Recruiting will always be a big part of college coaching. I think if we do end up going in a new direction, we need to have a guy who has some ties to Texas. To basically be shut out of a state where the majority of our games are seen is not good, especially with all the talent in that state.

:yeahthat:

Its imperative we get into Texas. There's a reason why Kansas and Missouri have gotten good all of a sudden.. Take a look at their Texas recruiting the past 5 years..

I wish he was more seasoned as a head coach, but a young guy that really fits the bill is Michael Haywood.

Bio:

Born in Houston (1964)
Played WR for Notre Dame (1984-1986)
LSU Running Backs Coach (1995-2002)
Texas Running Backs/ Special Teams Coach & Recruiting Coordinator (2003-2004)
Notre Dame Offensive Coordinator (2005-2008)
Miami (OH) Head Coach (2009)

How about Dave Christensen at Wyoming? (ex-Mizzou OC)

Obviously we'd want to season how he looks this year in a tough situation in Laramie, but he did do a pretty good job at Mizzou...

Back