What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Serious Suggestion: Let's adopt another team

Yes, this has turned into a bizzare, weird uncle thing. I vote to ban boydbuff. It will be a cold day in hell before i even pretend to like another team. I can watch any college game on tv and root for any foe on any given saturday, but my blood is black and gold and following some other ****** colored team is not going to bury the pain and suffering I am going through right now. I will root for a 0 and 12 Colorado over any suck aşs team from anywhere else. Especially Tejas!

Why can you only support one team?

For the first time in 25 years, I care more about the Broncos more than the Buffs. Even when the Broncs were winning Super Bowls in the late 90's, they were an afterthought, which is saying a lot because the Buffs were pretty bad then too.

When it comes to CFB, I will still root for the buffs and only the buffs, but my emotions will go to the Broncos.

For the first time in 25 years, I care more about the Broncos more than the Buffs. Even when the Broncs were winning Super Bowls in the late 90's, they were an afterthought, which is saying a lot because the Buffs were pretty bad then too.

When it comes to CFB, I will still root for the buffs and only the buffs, but my emotions will go to the Broncos.
Bandwagon?

serious.JPG

Such strange and misguided hostility. What is the source of this? Texas fans support their school, the football teams wins and Austin is a fantastic town. WTF?

You may actually be right. I still hate you arrogant ****sticks. BTW, Austin is a great town. It is on my list for retirement.

Not at the expense of actual on-field play.

No one is stopping you from wasting time though, so do not let me stop you.

Wasting time? You're on an internet football board and you're calling me out for wasting time? On top of that, it's an internet board dedicated to the worst team in college football and you're calling me out for wasting time? Do you see any disconnect there?

Wasting time? You're on an internet football board and you're calling me out for wasting time? On top of that, it's an internet board dedicated to the worst team in college football and you're calling me out for wasting time? Do you see any disconnect there?

I think you take yourself a little too seriously. Might need to step back and take a few plays off.

You may actually be right. I still hate you arrogant ****sticks. BTW, Austin is a great town. It is on my list for retirement.

I'll bet that most of the people that went to CU and spent four years in Boulder would have been pretty happy spending four years in Austin at UT. And the reverse is true. I don't think that can be said for every school.

"Arrogant" is so overused. It's applied to anyone and everyone associated with anything that is successful.

Sorry, I should have emphasized the ****stick part. You are a caricature, Walter. You started out well and were entertaining in a dancing monkey kind of way. Sadly, you are boring me now. Maybe you should run along back to your little Horn site or wherever it is that you intellectual giants hang out. That, my "friend" is arrogance.

I already enjoy watching other teams.

1. LSU - Miles goes for it on 4th, does trick plays, has amazing ST play and plays aggressive on D. The games are a lot of fun to watch. If Miles wasn't here, I'd probably watch the team he was coaching. Games are usually closer than they should be, unlike UO who also plays with an aggressive style, but on offense (if they had more close games I'd watch those too).
2. Clemson - Think of a less well coached UO. They are putting up ridiculous numbers, but aren't getting any recognition. Dabo can get a little too cute at times, but this team can get in a shootout against non-elite teams.
3. Stanford - All of this talk about the spread O in the Pac12 and they are proving that you can do it with great OL and RB play combined with decent QB play and a great D. Great academics. I want to follow this coaching staff a little bit more since I think we could do well with their DC. They play sound fundamental football, but not in the boring-SEC way.
4. KSU with Synder. Sound football and incredible keep-away style. Not flashy and they can lose one they shouldn't, but he does more with less better than any coach in the nation. Turning KSU around from the worst D1 program to what they are today is astounding. Too bad their fans are assholes.

As you can tell it's hard to be a fan of other teams, but I can follow a team based on the coach. Other notables would be Riley at Oregon State and Rhoads at ISU. Both of those guys do more with less, but have trouble doing it with more consistency.

Sorry, I should have emphasized the ****stick part. You are a caricature, Walter. You started out well and were entertaining in a dancing monkey kind of way. Sadly, you are boring me now. Maybe you should run along back to your little Horn site or wherever it is that you intellectual giants hang out. That, my "friend" is arrogance.

Again, what is with the hostility? It's not normal. I like CU a lot. It's ok to like other teams. It's just football.

Who is claiming to be an intellectual giant? Where is that coming from?

I already enjoy watching other teams.

1. LSU - Miles goes for it on 4th, does trick plays, has amazing ST play and plays aggressive on D. The games are a lot of fun to watch. If Miles wasn't here, I'd probably watch the team he was coaching. Games are usually closer than they should be, unlike UO who also plays with an aggressive style, but on offense (if they had more close games I'd watch those too).
2. Clemson - Think of a less well coached UO. They are putting up ridiculous numbers, but aren't getting any recognition. Dabo can get a little too cute at times, but this team can get in a shootout against non-elite teams.
3. Stanford - All of this talk about the spread O in the Pac12 and they are proving that you can do it with great OL and RB play combined with decent QB play and a great D. Great academics. I want to follow this coaching staff a little bit more since I think we could do well with their DC. They play sound fundamental football, but not in the boring-SEC way.
4. KSU with Synder. Sound football and incredible keep-away style. Not flashy and they can lose one they shouldn't, but he does more with less better than any coach in the nation. Turning KSU around from the worst D1 program to what they are today is astounding. Too bad their fans are assholes.

As you can tell it's hard to be a fan of other teams, but I can follow a team based on the coach. Other notables would be Riley at Oregon State and Rhoads at ISU. Both of those guys do more with less, but have trouble doing it with more consistency.

Of course, it's just a matter of personal preference, but I don't get your appreciation for LSU. They are incredibly boring to me. Last year's championship game represented the worst of college football for me. It's like watching paint dry. So incredibly un-creative on offense.

Of course, it's just a matter of personal preference, but I don't get your appreciation for LSU. They are incredibly boring to me. Last year's championship game represented the worst of college football for me. It's like watching paint dry. So incredibly un-creative on offense.

Meh, LSU against elite teams is boring. Don't watch those. The LSU vs UF game this year was worse than anything I've seen. It becomes a "don't lose the game" kind of game. Watch the games LSU plays against the non-elite teams in the SEC. Those can be a blast, lol. The dude pulls wins out of his ass sometimes.

Why is it hard to be a fan of other teams?
I root for USC, Oregon, Stanford, Cal, UW, UCLA, Air Force, Army, Navy and KSU if Snyder is coaching.

Meh, LSU against elite teams is boring. Don't watch those. The LSU vs UF game this year was worse than anything I've seen. It becomes a "don't lose the game" kind of game. Watch the games LSU plays against the non-elite teams in the SEC. Those can be a blast, lol. The dude pulls wins out of his ass sometimes.
Ok, I can see that. And LSU certainly has an exciting atmosphere at their stadium.

By the way, I like how you put it: a "don't lose the game kind of game". That's the essence of what I don't like about SEC football in general.

Why is it hard to be a fan of other teams?
I root for USC, Oregon, Stanford, Cal, UW, UCLA, Air Force, Army, Navy and KSU if Snyder is coaching.

It's hard to be a fan because I don't have any ties to the University. I can respect the University or the coaching staff or <insert reason>, but when the team loses I don't take it hard nor do I get upset. Entertainment != being a fan.

Back