1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seriously though....what is up with the direct snap

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by RalphieSpeaks, Nov 3, 2007.

1. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

i think i have said my piece already....but damn it killed three drives tonight. If i knew what was coming i am sure MU did as well. I just can't come to grips with it

[​IMG]

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I agree.. Its ****ing horse**** Arky offense.. I think it kills momenteum.. Yeah, it works against crap teams like Miami of Ohio, but it doesn't vs better teams..

I wasn't happy at all with the offensive playcalling today, but that wasn't the reason we lost the game, so I won't bitch about it too much..

3. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

From my seats outside of section 107, that direct snap play isn't something I'd call more than a few times a season. Maybe it is a set-up for the 2008 playbook. Sure hasn't done much for the Buffs in 2007. I kinda thought Hawkins and Helfrich would have a bigger bag of trick plays up their sleeves. But that direct snap is turning out to be a one-trick pony.

4. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

What's up with whoppers, they're like chocolates with the sweet sweet texture of chalk?

5. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

so true and yet timely as well.....but i am more concerned with how they get the lettering on M&Ms.....it is dark magic i tells you :confused:

[​IMG]

6. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

Agree, that play needs to be **** canned.

7. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I was wondering the exact same thing after I saw that play for about the 3rd time tonight. As stated above, maybe a few times per season and that's about it. And it's not like there's any doubt what we're gonna do on that play.

8. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I'm more than a little pissed over our offensive play calling. PISSED I TELL YA! MY MOTHER COULD HAVE CALLED A BETTER GAME! AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

That's the type of play that might work once a game, not four times in a half. And it sure as hell doesn't work if you don't snap the ball for 5-6 seconds after your QB goes in motion. The defense has time to adjust.

10. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Agree Boulder Buff, It would look good once or twice a year, but not 4 or 5 times a half. I was frustrated with it and the crowd started booing a little when they did it.