What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Seth Davis's "Buy, Sell, Hold" Annual Column

jcatcher

Club Member
Club Member
I am in agreement with far too many of his opinions to make me comfortable.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...140106/seth-davis-stock-report/?eref=sihp#all

Some tidbits (omitting one):

Arizona Wildcats (15-0, No. 1): HOLD

This is a good team, a really good team. But is it a great one? I'm not ready to go there just yet. Besides, giving an undefeated team that is ranked No. 1 in both polls a Buy rating would mean stamping them as a heavy favorite to win the national championship. The Wildcats certainly could win it all, but the reality is that they are young in the frontcourt and the Pac-12 will challenge them more than it has the past few years. And I certainly wouldn't want you to Buy this stock right before Arizona hits the road to play at UCLA on Thursday.

Arizona State Sun Devils (12-3, NR): SELL

It seems as if we all want Arizona State to be good. Herb Sendek is likeable enough and Jahii Carson is the second coming of Nate Robinson. Yet every time the Sun Devils have a chance to prove themselves, they come up short. The latest example was last Thursday night, when they fell at home by 11 to a mediocre Washington team.
The Sun Devils can score when they're clicking and they have an elite shot blocker in 7-foot-2 senior center Jordan Bachynski. But now we're into conference play, where team defense and rebounding become paramount, and those are two areas where Arizona State is woefully deficient.

Harvard Crimson (13-1): BUY

I've been driving the Harvard bandwagon from the start of the season, and aside from a tough loss at Colorado, the wagon has rolled rather nicely. That remains the only game the Crimson have lost despite playing most of the season without two injured starters. One of those, 6-1 senior guard Brandyn Curry, returned from his Achilles injury in late December, and as he rounds into form, he is going to improve this team immeasurably. The other, 6-8 junior center Kenyatta Smith, has not played yet because of a foot injury, but there's a good chance he will be back sometime in February. Remember, Harvard returned its entire team from the squad that upset New Mexico in the NCAA tournament. If the Crimson can win the Ivy again, I think they can do at least as much damage, if not more, in this year's Big Dance.

UCLA Bruins (12-2): BUY

I can't say I'm a huge fan of these Bruins. They have a nice collection of individuals, but as far as I can tell they are not committed to defense, and I think they had a leadership problem as well. (The Wear twins continue to disappoint.) However, there is no denying that there is some talent here, which brings me to the main reason why it's worth buying this stock: No. 1 Arizona is coming to Pauley Pavilion on Thursday. I think UCLA has a great chance to win that game, in which case its stock will rise quickly.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...140106/seth-davis-stock-report/#ixzz2pghGgClB

Back