What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shane Dillon on Mile high sports right now

listening - sounds to me like embree had them just screwing off? not much accountability.. HCMM and his staff sound much more detail oriented, teaching kids to finish everything, no taking off... Dillon is 6'5.5" barefoot. Foreman sounds like he is serious and structured. Sounds like the playbook is better suited to the college level.

listening - sounds to me like embree had them just screwing off? not much accountability.. HCMM and his staff sound much more detail oriented, teaching kids to finish everything, no taking off... Dillon is 6'5.5" barefoot. Foreman sounds like he is serious and structured. Sounds like the playbook is better suited to the college level.

Sunshine and Rainbows.

Do tell! That's what the team looked like from the get-go: No organization, no accountablity, no sense of purpose, but confusion due to highly technical and detailed NFL-style playbook.

For me, it raises the question: Is this team "physically" slow and weak or was their apparent lack of speed caused by hesitancy and their apparent lack of strength the result of poor or disorganizied S & C coaching?

Do tell! That's what the team looked like from the get-go: No organization, no accountablity, no sense of purpose, but confusion due to highly technical and detailed NFL-style playbook.

For me, it raises the question: Is this team "physically" slow and weak or was their apparent lack of speed caused by hesitancy and their apparent lack of strength the result of poor or disorganizied S & C coaching?

We had a handful of reports last year that players were blowing off film. If they're doing that, you can guess their not putting that much effort into lifting and conditioning too.

I've heard that from like 2-3 different sources. This kinda pisses me off cuz Embree put off the vibe like he was all about accountability and discipline.

Also agree with another post that I'm not sure if we are slow or if the lack of discipline and an arcane playbook led to overthinking. Here's hoping Mac gets them back into shape. Everything I hear sounds good...but that's happened before :huh:

We are literally 0 for the last decade in bringing in a difference maker at QB. The streak needs to end with Shane.

As for work ethic, I don't remember reading an article about Blacken that instilled confidence the way that Foreman already has.

Nah it's pretty on point

Sure. We get the same "this staff is better than the last staff" rhetoric every damn time. Honestly I could give a **** about all of this fluff, just win football games. Don't talk to me. Show me.

Pretty sure I recall a post on here about music blaring during Embree's practices. I may be old school, but IMO that should never happen.

Sure. We get the same "this staff is better than the last staff" rhetoric every damn time. Honestly I could give a **** about all of this fluff, just win football games. Don't talk to me. Show me.

Ok but that's not what was really being talked about. Have heard quite a few stories about the team being undisciplined and the reports about players skipping film is true. MM has a concrete plan, one that has worked at another school, and that translates over into the weight room by giving Forman a distinct plan of attack in there.

As a general rule, I agree with you. But (you knew there was a "but" didn't you?), it is nice to see that points that we specifically identified as being reasons for the last staff's failure are being directly addressed.

Too complicated of a playbook for college students to fully grasp in their allotted practice time - identified as a problem many different times, and being addressed.
Not finishing games and/or plays - same thing. (Whether you agree that a focus on "finishing" other things will lead to a change in this area is debatable, but this is definitely one way to address that issue.)
Not having everyone fully engaged in practice and meetings - again a specific problem that was identified and is being addressed.
A coaching staff and team not all in agreement on the plan and strategy - again, it's a fair criticism of the last regime, and again it looks like this will not be a problem with the current staff.

Yes, there's a lot of sunshine and rainbows, but the fact that specific faults that we the fans identified with the last coaching staff look like they are being addressed is at least a good sign - and heaven knows there's been damn few of those the last 5-6 years.

But, you're right, at the end of the day, just win some games.

Winning games would damn nice. At this point I would be excited by being in games after halftime.

Yes, we are slow compared to conference peers. Why do so many of you doubt this fact?

Yes, we are slow compared to conference peers. Why do so many of you doubt this fact?

Do you at least acknowledge the possibility that our players might have looked slower because they were out of position and uncertain?

That's just because we haven't had time for our coaches to coach up their speed yet. They'll all shave 0.2 seconds off their 40 time when MM is done with them.

Back