What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

She was a terrible kicker.

Sorry, I thought this was a teaser for the new "star" lineup on DWTS Season 19. Terrible Kicker but she does a mean Tango! At least I would have heard of her. Don't laugh. My wife has replaced the 50+ times I have been forced to watch Dirty Dancing with the craptastic "reality" of Dancing With The Stars. Frankly, I could use more Beer and hottub and less DWTS. Carry on with your crappy shemale kicker thread. Those lingerie league chicks must be too tough for them.

She needs to get on that horrible "blooper" show that feature Tanya Harding and those other C-List celebrities. Tanya = Katie.

I think there may be a difference between using the phrase "terrible kicker" when addressing questions on sexual assualt and harrasment and how someone did at the NFL combine. But that might just be me.

I think there may be a difference between using the phrase "terrible kicker" when addressing questions on sexual assualt and harrasment and how someone did at the NFL combine. But that might just be me.

That's true, but it's dishonest to say that Barnett was addressing a question on sexual assault when he called Hnida a terrible kicker. He was specifically answering a question about her ability on the football field.

He was specifically answering a question about her ability on the football field.

QUESTION: Coach, just to clarify, you say most of your players did not want Katie on the team and why was that?

GARY BARNETT, FOOTBALL COACH, U. OF COLORADO: Just new, different -- it's just -- you know, it's a guy sports and they felt like Katie was forced on them.

QUESTION: Was it a question of her ability?

BARNETT: Well, it was obvious that Katie was not that good, she was awful, OK. And so, guys -- you know what, guys do they respect your ability. You could 90-years-old, but you can go out and play they respect you. Well, Katie was a girl, and not only was she was a girl, she was terrible. OK, and there is no other way to say it, she couldn't kick the ball through the uprights. She took reps instead of players who were much better than her because we were giving her an opportunity. We stated with Katie hoping she could get better, and she did get a little bit better. But she was immediately not of the caliber that could play at this level and it very, very obvious.

QUESTION: Coach, just to clarify, you say most of your players did not want Katie on the team and why was that?

GARY BARNETT, FOOTBALL COACH, U. OF COLORADO: Just new, different -- it's just -- you know, it's a guy sports and they felt like Katie was forced on them.

QUESTION: Was it a question of her ability?

BARNETT: Well, it was obvious that Katie was not that good, she was awful, OK. And so, guys -- you know what, guys do they respect your ability. You could 90-years-old, but you can go out and play they respect you. Well, Katie was a girl, and not only was she was a girl, she was terrible. OK, and there is no other way to say it, she couldn't kick the ball through the uprights. She took reps instead of players who were much better than her because we were giving her an opportunity. We stated with Katie hoping she could get better, and she did get a little bit better. But she was immediately not of the caliber that could play at this level and it very, very obvious.
I interviewed GB for a school report -- btw, he couldn't have been any more gracious with his time and was very open. I asked him if he had any regrets with the whole scandal and this was the only one. But he made a point, how much it was taken out of context here.

I don't see anything taken out of context, she wasn't respected, and GB says they treated her relative to the amount of respect given her. Not a very positive statement on the locker room environment during a sex scandal. But sure it's apples to apples.

Taken out of context in terms of it being reported nationally as his response to her allegations of sexual harassment and rape. Some news outlets implied he was excusing the allegations bc she couldn't kick.

They never included the line of questions in the soundbite

From phone

If he'd left the "she was a girl" part out, I think he'd have been forgiven.

Were charges ever filed against Hnida's alleged assailant, or was the entire football team guilty?

Were charges ever filed against Hnida's alleged assailant, or was the entire football team guilty?

yep even players that were there after Katie left were guilty, Ryan Grey should have filed assault charges on her for kicking footballs into has ass constantly.

She did women a disservice. Thanks to the drama she brought, very few coaches will consider bringing in a female kicker. Aspiring female kickers should rue her rather than hold her up as some sort of pioneer. That said, most coaches wouldn't bring in ANY kicker who struggles to hit a 40 yarder. Thanks a lot Rick.

Like a gift that keeps on giving, Katie poo will not go away. Why the CU reference? I thought she was at UNM when she finally got to kick the ball into the long snapper's ass in a game.....

did katie every name any of her alleged assailants? It's been so long but I recall her never actually accusing a specific person, just the general someone on the team.

did katie every name any of her alleged assailants? It's been so long but I recall her never actually accusing a specific person, just the general someone on the team.

No names, it was such a horrible, vicious event, she felt it would be better to slur the entire squad than disrupt the guy's life because he had moved on, and all that. Totally credible to me.

No names, it was such a horrible, vicious event, she felt it would be better to slur the entire squad than disrupt the guy's life because he had moved on, and all that. Totally credible to me.
The names were out there, but at this point, it is way better for it to stay buried.

Don't forget in the middle of this heinous crime, the alleged rapist got up to answer the phone and she escaped

From phone

Like a gift that keeps on giving, Katie poo will not go away. Why the CU reference? I thought she was at UNM when she finally got to kick the ball into the long snapper's ass in a game.....

Katie being an attention hog is no surprise.

Her dad loved the spotlight long before she ever hit the public eye and she has followed in his footsteps taking advantage of every opportunity to make something sound more scandalous than it is and presenting speculation and innuendo as fact.

She is the kind of woman that unfortunately brings doubt on all those women who do have legitimate complaint about rape and or abuse.

Back