What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sheriron Jones released from scholarship, returns to Tennessee

I considered having a personal meltdown about this guy leaving a week after he arrived. It could be a total failure by the leadership of the CU football program.
But then again...it's a very young man who didn't like where he was and announced and made some action to transfer to CU. Something happened in the interim. I don't choose to speculate on what happened to him. But seems like the odds are much more likely that something happened within his life and circumstance than that something was said or done by the CU coaches. The chapter closes for me.

He will most likely get some ****ty treatment and end up recruiting a couple years later. I always remembered the guys that quit teams or quit teams I coached. Those guys were guys you could never count on. Butch will let him hang with his homies and ride the pine.

You're right. We should all be happy that the only 4* QB to even sniff at CU in 7+ years is no longer coming here.

Plus, the circus that it will lead too is going to do us so much good when trying to finish recruiting this cycle.

Conor Wood was a 4* and he was here in the last 3 years.

That blows but oh well, he never played here and wasn't playing next year. Hard to blame the staff isn't it?

What you SHOULD blame them for is 7 two star commits in a class with 15 scholarships.

Hope montez is as good as some say and hopefully we get webb.

Don't know the rules regarding player workouts, etc. Is it possible that it was clear he wouldn't beat out Montez?[/QUOTE]
Sure, its possible. Virtually anything is possible. Is this a serious question?

Boy. What a melt down, haha. Mac's words were interesting. I wonder what the back story is there? This is a quality in Mac I like. That is, that I think he genuinely cares about the kids. Unfortunately, that does not appear to be a quality many recruits nor their parents seem to value. Maybe we'd be better off with a asshole.

Too bad all of us aren't athletic. Allbuffs has plenty of assholes and then some if MM needed any.

I dint attack you - I said I am surprised by the number of people who are super worked up about a transfer who wasn't going to help us at all next season being lost. Granted it is a position of need but right now, but this transfer doesn't address it, and CU doesn't have a great record of getting this message board's higly prized 4* transfers to do anything.

If this was a 4* out of high school at this position that we had lost, as opposed to some one who is buried on his teams depth chart I could see the response, but a transfer who in all likelihood has see the writing on the wall at his current school? color me less interested.

we just really want to say that we get 4* recruits. that is all.

Folks, there is absolutely no reason to blame the coaching staff for this. Obviously this is a case of a pretty confused kid who, maybe, made a rash decision and regretted it. If Mac took the kid's well being to heart and helped him make a decision that was best for him, then that is a good thing. Hopefully, the "karma" will pay Mac back.
Darn it, DBT!!! Didn't you get the memo? You are supposed to rant, cry, bemoan, SWEAR and lament CU's "bad luck", blaming same on the coaching staff. Its HCMM"s own personal fault this kid is going back to UT, don't you know?

No posting of reasonable, rational, adult stuff here! Boy, I'm gonna ask these type of comments get you banned!

Darn it, dbt!!! Didn't you get the memo? You are supposed to rant, cry, bemoan, SWEAR and lament CU's "bad luck.

Not post reasonable, rational, adult stuff here! Boy, I'm gonna ask these type of comments get you banned!

No FIFY? Slipping.

I would guess he will finish the semester and then be off to another school. Nothing says that UT has to give him another scholarship. They granted a release at his request. He will have to pay his own way, unless they really want him to stay.

By the time he'd have been eligible, there is a good chance someone else will have stepped up and earned the position. No way of knowing how the future will play out. The only thing about him is that he'd have given us another option and better odds of success.

Back