What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sheriron Jones released from scholarship, returns to Tennessee

IDOT, that is frikin funny..... Baaaahhh..... LOL

Per Sherion, although it is a bit embarrassing per the rescind, glad he is not coming. We don't need any more challenges than we already have. I do wish this situation was better screened as it likely could have been avoided altogether.

It is a clue how badly staff wants to improve our QB deficit, which remains murky unfortunately. Gotta have a QB to be successful in college football. Just gotta.

If he's switched to USC or somewhere, it would be a reflection on CU recruiting.
His decision to return to UT reflects his immaturity and mental confusion, at this point. wish him well.

Mac's statement that "we (he and Jones) decided it was best for him to go back...", is a tad self-serving. (no, not that Tad)

If he's switched to USC or somewhere, it would be a reflection on CU recruiting.
His decision to return to UT reflects his immaturity and mental confusion, at this point. wish him well.

Mac's statement that "we (he and Jones) decided it was best for him to go back...", is a tad self-serving. (no, not that Tad)
Are you serious?

Did we ever get confirmation on the rumor that this fiasco was going to cost us a scholarship from the perspective of the numbers we can sign in this class?

There are some seriously stupid posts in this thread.
fd02503ed2877efe744386c77e1b070890c2153.gif

Rivals 4 stars in the past 10-12 years: Bernard Jackson. That tall, skinny white kid from SoCal, Wood, Sefo.
Yep, and football powers Kentucky, Duke, BYU, Maryland and Pitt have that many this year alone. Unreal how bad it has been for more than a decade and specifically the last 4-5 years.

These facilities are killing it on the recruiting trail. Got 7 2*. Let 4* walk.

What_a_joke. Worst football program in the P5. At some point you question your sanity as a fan.

These facilities are killing it on the recruiting trail. Got 7 2*. Let 4* walk.

What_a_joke. Worst football program in the P5. At some point you question your sanity as a fan.

Hey bitch. You could have at least said #what_a_joke

Yep, and football powers Kentucky, Duke, BYU, Maryland and Pitt have that many this year alone. Unreal how bad it has been for more than a decade and specifically the last 4-5 years.

Accidentally left out that was QBs only. Jones may or may not be much of a loss.

He would have been the 5th 4* qb. The others have certainly impressed.

Last edited:
That is the most prevalent rumor right now, albeit unsubstantiated. I wonder if Coach Mac convinced him to put a ring on it.

That is the most prevalent rumor right now, albeit unsubstantiated. I wonder if Coach Mac convinced him to put a ring on it.
Sounds like the makings of a song, albeit one of the worst ever.

The grass isn't always greener, it's just different grass. I thought that it was once and that is why I live in ****aska. If he was having second thoughts after a week, it's probably best that he transferred back as quickly as he did. It's not worth all of the hand wringing that seems to be going on over one player.

I don't buy the idea that he got here and simply decided that Colorado wasn't a good fit for him within a week. There has to be extenuating circumstances that nobody is confirming.

Accidentally left out that was QBs only. Jones may or may not be much of a loss.

He would have been the 5th 4* qb. The others have certainly impressed.
Growley, Wright and Fields are the only Rivals 4* recruits since 2009. Sefo was 4* ESPN but not Rivals and Fields was 4* Rivals but not ESPN. So either way they have had 3 4* Rivals recruits total, regardless of position since 2009. So stand by statement about Pitt, Kentucky, Louisville, and Duke having more 4* this year then CU has since 2009 combined.

Back