What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sheriron Jones Transferring To CU

I don't understand all the transfer rules. Did he just finish his freshman season at Tenn and redshirted the season? Logic would say that if he redshirted then there is no reason to sit out a season since he transferred. Maybe the rule and my logic don't agree.
Help?

He sits out this year. Logic and NCAA rules don't agree in this scenario. Shocking I know.

Have we heard anything about guys leaving our program? Getting a four star athlete is a good thing but Im concerned about how few scholarships we have to give.

Of all the concerns, this is one I do not understand. The numbers will work out.

This is interesting. I was thinking we need help NOW, not a year from now? but, I am really glad he is coming here. Anytime you can get an upgrade in talent, take it.

Wow. That is great news. I thought he was still in Florida, consoling Muschamp. Didn't realize he ended up at Tennessee.

Last edited:
Here's the basic transfer rule, guys:

1. If you transfer as an undergraduate student to a D1 program, you have to spend a year on campus before you're eligible to play in games.
2. The exception to the above is if you transfer in from a Junior College, in which case you are immediately eligible.
3. If you transfer as a graduate student to a D1 program, you are immediately eligible as long as you are accepted into a graduate study program that is not offered at the school you are leaving.

Sometimes a conference will have additional stuff beyond that penalizes transferring within the same conference. And there's also the matter of the school releasing an undergraduate from his scholarship, which is necessary to be able to receive financial aid at the new place during the transfer year.

Of all the concerns, this is one I do not understand. The numbers will work out.

Similar to worrying about the budget when RG considers approving something. Not my concern. There are folks with big jobs for big pay whose job it is to figure that stuff out and make it work.

The difference with scholarship numbers is that I think it is interesting to speculate on how the numbers might shake out the roster.

size, and stats on this kid? He looks the part in the few pics I just googled.

Huge get.

But, I am completely disappointed in the quality of recruiting kind out of HS. 2 and 3 stars do not cut it and MM needs to figure outh ow to change this issue.

There are usually 4-6 players you lose to attrition every year - academics, injuries, just want to leave, homesick, etc. The numbers will work out.

Huge get.

But, I am completely disappointed in the quality of recruiting kind out of HS. 2 and 3 stars do not cut it and MM needs to figure outh ow to change this issue.

Get a season with a 0.500 record in the Pac12 and that will turn around. Going after transfers is probably the fastest way to get there.

Sheriron-Jones-1-2.jpg

Maybe this is a little evidence that some naysayers can take solace in regarding Mac's recruiting. Though we didn't land him at the time of his recruitment, we must've been close and must've made a very good impression on him during the process.

Maybe this is a little evidence that some naysayers can take solace in regarding Mac's recruiting. Though we didn't land him at the time of his recruitment, we must've been close and must've made a very good impression on him during the process.

You're just saying that to make us feel better.

Or we could point out that when he had a second shot at him Mac didn't bother to go after him. So instead of spending two years in our system and being eligible now, he has to sit a year. So lets just say, good work by Lindgren/Mac/whoever for staying on the kid and remaining a good option if things played out the way they did.

Or we could point out that when he had a second shot at him Mac didn't bother to go after him. So instead of spending two years in our system and being eligible now, he has to sit a year. So lets just say, good work by Lindgren/Mac/whoever for staying on the kid and remaining a good option if things played out the way they did.
You could point that out. Yes indeed. But I choose to be "Mr. Positivity" Mrs. Negative Nancy.

I don't think it means too much that he has to sit out this year. It seems pretty obvious to me that Sefo is the no-matter-what starter for at least the bulk of 2016.

Back