What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sherman at aTm....

One coworker told me, "Bob Stoops and Mack Brown have to be scared that a guy with NFL experience is going against them now." I had to laugh.

Well, after the way Cally's NFL experience allowed him to kick their asses, I can see why they would be scared... :lol::lol:

I fail to see the fascination with NFL'ers. Here is who I can remember coming from NFL to CFB:

Cally-fired

Wannstedt-about to be fired

Groh-saved his bacon this year, many wanted him fired

Gailey-fired

Dorrell-likely to be fired

Carroll-success poster boy

Weis-started out well, turned in worst ND team in memory, many want him fired

Brewster-failed miserably in first year

Cam Cameron-canned at IU

Looking at it the other way around CFB guys who went pro:

Saban-crash and burn

Spurrier-ditto

Granny Holtz-ditto

Mike Riley-ditto

Dennis the Menace-ditto

Cam Cameron-probably will be canned at Miami securiing the difficult NFL-CFB firing exacta.

I can't think of anybody who successfully spanned the NFL to college, or college to NFL bridge except Carroll (Brookhart at Akron, maybe, but I am not sure he came from the NFL). Of course, he has about 10-15 first to third rounders on his roster every year which helps.

Can any of you guys name somebody else? I think Aggie made a move that is well, Aggielike. I think it is bound to fail. Somebody convince me otherwise.

You Forgot Dennis Erickson, bad ass college coach, mediocre NFL coach, comparable to CPC.

You Forgot Dennis Erickson, bad ass college coach, mediocre NFL coach, comparable to CPC.

Not really. Erickson made his name coaching college football before jumping to the pros. He was a college coach trying to coach a pro team (similar to Bobby Petrino). It may seem like a minor distinction, but I think it's a bigger distinction than at first glance.

true, but then he came back, went pro again, and came back again...More Spurier like than CPC then.

I fail to see the fascination with NFL'ers. Here is who I can remember coming from NFL to CFB:

I can't think of anybody who successfully spanned the NFL to college, or college to NFL bridge except Carroll (Brookhart at Akron, maybe, but I am not sure he came from the NFL). Of course, he has about 10-15 first to third rounders on his roster every year which helps.

Can any of you guys name somebody else? I think Aggie made a move that is well, Aggielike. I think it is bound to fail. Somebody convince me otherwise.

June Jones. Pete Carroll (yes, I saw him). Jim Mora. Jimmy Johnson. Tom Coughlin. Bill Parcells. Rich Brooks. Barry Switzer.

Back