1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should Hirschman have played the whole game?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Oct 29, 2011.

?

The QB situation?

1. Hirschman should have played the whole game

24 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Don't throw Hansen under the bus (or risk ruining Hirsch)

30 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

On the one hand, I get that the coaches are sending the messages that if you aren't able to practice you don't start and that if you give us the best chance to win then you'll play.

But on the other hand, we pretty much know what the result of the game's going to be with Hansen playing and we need to build for the future.

What would you guys have preferred?

2. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

He kinda sucked.

3. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Hirsch. We never stood a chance and Hansen had his fair share of bad interceptions. Don't think hirsch is the answer, but he should have rested given his concussion. Wood or dillon to start next year.

4. OrangeBowl

OrangeBowl Club Member Club Member

Maybe Shrock should get some reps?...I guess with 4 games to go burning a redshirt just to burn it is useless though...

5. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

No, this is Tyler's team and his last hurrah. Let him go out at the helm he's been a good Buff.

6. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

You play Hirsh for the game experience.

If Hansen gets his bell rung aginst the spoiled children on Friday, Hirshman would at least have some work in an actual game instead of practice conditiins

7. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I probably would have done it like they did. Start Hirsch, pull him when he isn't being effective, put him back in later in the game to finish it out and not get Hansen hurt anymore.

Be interesting to see Schrock but don't want to kill the RS year. Might have been interesting to put in Dorman or Burnette, I get a feeling that both will never see meaningfull playing time in their careers.

8. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Hirschman looked like Hodge did vs Wisconsin in the alamo bowl.

9. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

The play calling was not great for a young QB making his first start. Normally most Offensive co-ordinator try and ease young QB into the game. I liked the last throw to Deehan in the 4th quarter. The guy can only get better.

10. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Would have liked to have seen Hirschman throughout to get him experience. Not like QB play could have been much worse than it was.

Hansen is atrocious right now and mediocre when he's "on his game". As a side note, his act of yelling at everyone else after his bad plays is getting old.

11. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Especially after he threw it into the middle of four guys, then blamed Thorton.

12. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

you either start and play Hansen the whole game if he is healthy or you start Hirsch and play him the whole game. Don't bench Hansen for the 1st series.

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

To be fair, Hirsch looked horrible in the 1st quarter. He was EXTREMELY LATE on EVERY FREAKIN THROW! I'm ok with letting him learn on the field, but he was not good.

14. Quattro

Embree said he wanted to see how Hirshman did and he put Hansen in to try to get something going, which didn't work but at least this staff makes adjustments, for better or worse.

OrangeBowl likes this.
  15. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Well, the last staff had a habit of playing two QBs too.

In the end, I am not sure it really matters. Neither Hansen nor Hirschman are special.

16. Quattro

Yeah but the last staff didn't make adjustments like this staff does.

17. MtnBuff

So what would have happened is Embree had a son who is a QB?

18. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

This, plus for the most part our WRs don't get separation, so it's throw into coverage or eat it.

19. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

Its sad but true...Hanson is nothing more than a journeyman QB...He might have done well behind a great O-line. I suspect Luck would have trouble behind the Buffs O-line. Supposedly Hanson was a a hair better than lil Hawkins which isn't saying much. Back to the question...They should have stuck with Hirschman...The outcome couldn't have been much different. The offense hasn't lit up the scoreboard with Hanson. I say start Hirsch the rest of the way.

20. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Hirsch was horrible. He locked onto his reciever and telegraphed every throw and then threw it late. I like that the staff was being careful with Hansen, but they needed to make some sort of change and if Hansen was cleared to play, then he had to come in.

21. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

I was hoping that Hirschman would take over today. Not the case, he looked like a freshamn. No big deal, he should get better with reps and age.

22. MtnBuff

You are right about Hirsch, he looked like the moment overwhelmed him. He did look much better at the end of the game when the pressure was off and he could just play. It also helped that he was playing against walk-ons and 3rd stringers and all ASU wanted to do was run the clock out but if he is going to develop as a QB this time will help him.

Based on what I have seen I don't see him as anything better than a quality backup but it will still help him and the team for him to have game experience going into next year.

23. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

neither one is looking good - play em all.... what do we have to lose? qb by committee and run the wildcat.... wtf? i know we want to be smash mouth, but we can't smash **** now... play the offense that works with the ?talent? we have now... if we have to run option or spread or zone read or the veer - do it!! the coaches are not giving the player a fair chance. look what snyder does?? look what they do at nu... play the scheme that fits your ability!!

24. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

another thing - at this level best kid plays... who cares if he has been a "good buff" we are paying for his schooling...

25. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

To me, Hansen is clearly the better of the two. Add in that he couldn't take reps this week, I thought his performance was not unexpected.

26. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

Hansen has been in the program for 5 years and he has taken the bulk of the snaps, offcourse he is going to look better than most QB on the roster. Even to a blind man, Hirschman is more talented. You folks will see the difference in talent when the likes of Shane Dillon, Nick Hirschman and Connor Wood get a chance to get on the field.

27. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Isn't Tyler part of the senior class that everyone is pretty sure stinks, and has a loser mentality? Isn't that the class we all can't wait to see graduate? Isn't he part of the culture Embree is trying to purge from the program? Wasn't he 1/2 of the dynamic duo playing leapfrog on the sidelines of a game we lost and has become one of the lasting images of the Hawk era?

Serious question for those who think Tyler deserves to play out the remaining games this season - why do you want him to play?

1. He's an exception to the "loser mentality" of this senior class.
    2. Despite all the negative, he's still our best option so we're stuck with him.
    3. Hirschmann stinks and even the extra reps this season won't help him beat out Wood or Dillon so why bother.
    4. We should throw him a bone for sticking it out and not complaining while he got jerked around by the previous HC
    5. Other??

28. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Hirschman was absolutely putrid. Didn't give Embo much of a choice, IMO.

29. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

What kind of choices are those, :lol:? Answering both would be appropriate.