What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Should we be worried about tom Herman?

jizzrag85

wondering what others thought about the hire and if it affects our long-term and short term recruiting? Going after some of our recruits from this next class?

I've thought about this some and decided I'm okay with it. Texas is going to recruit no matter who the coach is. So I'd rather someone known as a recruiter be there instead of somewhere like Oregon or A&M or ASU for example. Given that, if we want the top recruits and want to focus on recruiting Texas we will inevitably be in recruiting battles with them.

I was a little concerned when I heard about Hermann's reputation as a recruiter, but you have to expect Texas to hire a good coach and recruit well. I was more concerned that Strong would be a great recruiter there. Strong did recruit pretty well so I don't think the Hermann higher will change recruiting Texas significantly for us. UT may have fired Strong one year too soon. Hopefully he lands on his feet in the southeast, away from us.

Last edited:
My take as well, texas will always recruit and heard he's a great recruiter. Was more concerned about this next class. We've made some great strides and picked up some great kids. Would hate for them to lure them away last minute. But I do guess texas is a big state with TONS of high profile kids.

Texas is going to recruit well in Texas.

So is Oklahoma.

So is Texas A&M.

What really hurts CU efforts is when TCU, TTU, ****bailer, Okie Lite, Mizzou, Arkansas, etc. are good. Those programs being behind CU is what can really drive our recruiting in Texas.

Tom Herman should be worried about the Buffs
Touché

Texas is going to recruit well in Texas.

So is Oklahoma.

So is Texas A&M.

What really hurts CU efforts is when TCU, TTU, ****bailer, Okie Lite, Mizzou, Arkansas, etc. are good. Those programs being behind CU is what can really drive our recruiting in Texas.

Fair enough, never really thought about the rest of those schools. Case closed than, were not concerned with him trying to steal any of our recruits this cycle.

WTF what a bunch of pussies, we have Coach Mike Mac, we have Boulder, we have Ralphie, we have amendment 64 we have a PAC 12 title, we have the best travel spots of any conference, we have momentum, who the **** cares who TU hires, they are becoming the new *ebraska with a picture of the school in the dictionary under IRRELEVANCE

First off, I hardly doubt he's the first CU's Texas recruits that's going to garnish attention from UT and most likely an offer if they didn't have one in the first place. Having a top 20 recruiting class will do that.
Secondly, Polley already retweeted a Chev tweet, I think at this moment he's fully committed to CU.

First off, I hardly doubt he's the first CU's Texas recruits that's going to garnish attention from UT and most likely an offer if they didn't have one in the first place. Having a top 20 recruiting class will do that.
Secondly, Polley already retweeted a Chev tweet, I think at this moment he's fully committed to CU.
He damn well better stay committed to CU. I'm still seeing street signs and 3rd World storefronts in my sleep.

Not sure how anyone is stressed about anything at this point. Well I might be stressed about a NT and CB but that's it. Polley was one of the few I suspected he would go after and I don't really think he'll flip on us after the UA thing.

Tom Herman has only been a head coach for 2 years. Those 2 years were spent coaching a team in the American Athletic Conference. Although they've been competitive lately, it's still a conference made up of Tulane, Tulsa, Memphis, SMU, East Carolina, UConn, Temple, ect...that's not a conference that prepares you for being the head coach of Texas. And Colorado is in the PAC 12 with teams like USC and Washington.

All due respect to the question, but I'm not sure how Tom Herman is going to have a negative effect on CU recruiting especially when you consider coach Chev is cleaning up in the best football hubs in the country like TX, FL and CA. Tom has only won 1 bowl game. In my opinion, he's in over his head in Austin and taking a job like that too soon in your career can set you back more than it can propel you forward.

Back