1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shout-out to Folsom Frenzy

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Shldr2Shldr, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I have been critical of the turnout and energy of the students for a while now. The atmosphere at Folsom has lacked because of it. Props to @FolsomFrenzy, including @StormTrooper. The student section was fantastic saturday night. The towels were great so was the turnout in silver/gray. Hope you guys can get the same kind of turnout for homecoming.

2. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

Agreed. The student section looks awesome on TV. However there is too much empty space in the horseshoe still. It makes me sad that students today don't have the same experience I had. I would never have thought of missing a football game.

Alfred91 likes this.
  3. Shldr2Shldr

There were people in the section my group of friends sits in, by the band, for the first time in probably 2 years.

4. Gary Indiana

Gary Indiana Club Member Club Member

Agreed, keep the momentum up. Solid work.

5. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Agreed. It was fun for the first half. Going to be hard to duplicate as the season goes on. we will soon be seeing the 4 seats, 4 hot dogs and 4 juice boxes for the price of one soon.

6. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Nice going, gents.

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

they have a good nucleus to build on. Happy to see it. The band even played the Hey song!

8. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

The team is going to have to win a game in the next 2 weeks to keep the students coming back.

9. Shldr2Shldr

More than anything the need to keep having student friendly start times. Those 11/11:30am start times don't encourage our students to show up. Lame excuse I know, but still.

10. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

I just think the "same old CU" mentality is going to set in if they don't beat ASU or AZ in the next two weeks.

11. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

Unfortunately, the start times have nothing to do with CU. Well, winning will help with that.

12. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Rubber duckies in the urinals? Yep!

Awesome.

Also the stadium looked like it was rocking on TV. Lots of energy.

StormTrooper and WasianCU like this.
  13. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

I gave my tickets to a friend and bought tickets in section 105, on the Balch side of the field. I have to say, I was impressed with the students energy. They were loud. Wonder how many we lost due to the delayed start

14. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Saturday night confirmed one thing for me... this community is ready to support a winning program. In weeks 2-4, this team gave people the sense that they are turning a corner. After years of suck, the stadium was +85% full (visual estimate) in crappy weather at a ****ty time of night.

The team needs to not let this moment pass by and meet this demand at least half way. They don't have to win every game, but they need to take advantage of moments where they can rebuild support... especially from the students. Last night they had one of those moments and squandered it. There will be more, but the team and coaching staff must not piss away more of these moments.

15. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

The one thing I will say is the number of students was a little disappointing, I was there with a bunch of ole college buddies and a lot of the section was recent graduates, not current students. So, while the total number was a little low, they were loud and really into the game.

16. Clean Undies

My main criticism has to do with the student wearing the red teletubby outfit. WTF?

If you insist on wearing it, at least die it black.

17. Yung Buffalo

Yung Buffalo Club Member Club Member

Huh?

First of all, the people that were near you are not representative of the entire student section??

Second, I've been going to CU football games as a student for five years now (I know...) and the last time I saw that many students in the student section was in 2011 against USC.

18. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Probably the same student who wore the yellow one during the whiteout for CSU.

19. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

I just noticed a ton of people there that were not current students. It was also parents weekend right? There were a lot of parents in those sections as well. I'm not saying it was bad, I just said it was a little low and I was hoping to fill the student section. Definitely the best attendance since our first year in the PAC-12 student wise.

20. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Millennial Liason Club Member

That guy is a complete dick who no one likes. No one else who sits near the front of the student section even knows who he is.

Darth Snow likes this.
  21. StormTrooper

I have a Ralphie Report article going up tomorrow that explains some things we were planning that didn't happen for various reasons. Hopefully we'll be able to bust some of it out for the Arizona game. I'm hopeful that we'll get a decent section for that game because of the start time, but if we lose this week it might not be great. I was also disappointed that we didn't get a totally full section last night, but I'll blame the weather for keeping away people who were on the fence. The good news is that the people who were there really wanted to be there and actually did a slightly better job than the general public of staying past halftime. We got some defections after it was 31-17 but it only really cleared out once it was 38-24. I noticed last year against UCLA and I'm continuing to notice that our habits are getting slightly better. Still a lot of work to do.

22. StormTrooper

Really? I would say that Oregon 2013 and Arizona 2013 were about on par with this game and that ASU 2012 and 2014 were better. Definitely a 4th quarter record since I've been here though.

23. StormTrooper

I claim no responsibility for that

Goose, OrangeBowl, Tractor and 3 others like this.
  24. Clean Undies

Gleeb anyway.

25. Yung Buffalo

I could be wrong, that's just my perception. I was down close to the field and when I looked up the entire section seemed to be full and fans were wrapping around into the horseshoe. At the time I couldn't remember a game where we had as many people in the horseshoe since SC in 2011. I should add that I was very hammered.

onealcd likes this.
  26. Yung Buffalo

It was parents weekend, but I was completely surrounded by students. There wasn't a single parent in the vicinity where I was standing. You may be right, but dissapointent is definitely not a word that comes to mind when I think of the crowd on Saturday night.

27. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

You also have to keep in mind the opposite effect. There were students who sat with their parents. Heck I didn't even sit in the student section. I was over where the players tickets are that they get.

28. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

there were no rubber duckies in either of the troughs that I used. which of you took them?

29. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

I'd like to thank the coed that sat in front of me. She probably needs to be sitting in the front row from here on out, though.

30. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Maybe it is our butt plug friend, Buffsurveyor.

[​IMG]