1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sht

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by DBT, Mar 15, 2013.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

First, can someone tell me what happened yesterday? I arrived about 6 minutes in. The guy next to me described it as similar to the Josh Scott take down. He said the refs didn't even stop play. Yet, in the second half, a UA guy went down and they immediately stopped play.

All that being said, I'd like to send out a big thanks to Shane. He'll be a Buff forever. I hope that he goes on to do great things in his life and returns to Boulder often.

2. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

IMO mutual combat.

3. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

There were actually 2 instances later in the game (both in the 2nd half if I remember) that there was a zona player down and the game was immediately stopped while in SHT's case zona was able to drive up the court and score before play was stopped.

4. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

It was very very similar to the Scott play from the ASU game. Lots and lots of banging when SHT had the ball in the post and went up for the shot, if a foul is called there like it should have been, no problems. After the shot went up, some sparring back and forth, not specifically a foul on either player, and SHT got the worst of it.

5. DBT

You could say that about the Josh Scott incident as well. But to me, Baschynski was purposely trying to injure him. But, yeah, if the officials are allowing physical play, it will just escalate until someone gets hurt.

6. knuckledragg

knuckledragg New Member

i didnt think it was intentional, love the effort but sht fights and falls on his head about as well as he catches passes in traffic.

NBDefektor likes this.
  7. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

The actual act of SHT getting hurt was reminiscent of what happened to Jelly, but I didn't think the UA player had the intent to do that to SHT; they just got tangled up; unlike that scumbag Bachynski where there was clearly some form of intent to take down Scott...

8. Zachsquatch

Zachsquatch Active Member

First, I hope Shane is alright and recovers quickly.

Secondly, I have never seen a player who flails so much in the paint, and seems to have the intent to get tangled up and draw an off ball foul. With his size, this trait has always been puzzling, especially going up against a soft-ish B Ashley. Hopefully these concussions will help encourage Pac-12 post players to use finess instead of overly physical play in the hopes of drawing a foul.

9. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

As for continuing or stopping play, I think it has more to do with which team has the ball. If the Injury happens to a player on the opposing team, play continues until the immediate advantage (fast break for instance) is done. It keeps a team from faking an injury to stop an opponents gained advantage.

10. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

I do not get on here much anymore and do not have the advantage of having the PAC 12 network (only have DirecTV) and seeing games on TV, but, it seems to me, the head of PAC 12 refs needs to be replaced. PAC 12 has some really bad officials.

11. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Saw the replay several times and we have no beef here. Shane reached out and was pulling the AZ player down so if anything he should have been whistled. Ref can't stop that fast break because 2 guys down.

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Correct.

Also, I commend Tad for saying something (supporting his guys). But I didn't think the Shane play was a foul. Officiating was pretty damn good in the CU-Zona game.

13. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

Do I get 10 lashes for my blind post? If the Pac 12 would contract for Directv sports showings I would not be blind. Maybe I just need to find another way to see Pac 12 sports? Any suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  14. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

Its basically a flow of the game thing. Refs won't stop a potential fast break, which UA had, for an injury. I remember when a guy for ATM snapped his leg in half years ago, and the refs didn't stop play.

15. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

I wish SHT well, but in my mind he has no toughness. Gets pushed around, falls over, can't finish. I didn't see anything wrong with the situation. Shane plays a physical position.

16. DBT

Thanks for the clarification. All the best for Shane.

17. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Is this what happens to people who post on forums in the Middle East?:rolling_eyes:

18. Buff_nc

Buff_nc Club Member Club Member

So, anyone hear anything about if he'll be able to play on friday?

19. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

No definite word yet. He's day to day.

20. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

How crazy would it be if SHT came in the game and start dropping points like crazy and grabbing every rebound. He leads us through the dance to the championship game averaging a quadrupole double. Then in the championship game he gets another concussion and plays like normal or maybe even granny shots a free throw or something. It would be like the college version of the rookie of the year plot.

I would also be okay with a teen wolf type scenario.

21. Buffnik

This only works if Steve Guttenberg is seen in the crowd at every game wearing a Buffs hat.

22. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

Boyle hinted on KOA this afternoon that it is looking good for Shane to play.

23. Daaah

[video=youtube;Heoa-AI42bA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heoa-AI42bA[/video]

24. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

Has Shane thrown one down in a game yet? I so want to yell out "Shane Harris Dunks!" before his career is over.

25. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Looking over his IMDB page, for $250 & a nice trailer to use in between games we could probably arrange this.

26. Buffnik

We need to make this happen. The Gutte needs to be a Buffs fan.

Although there's a chance that he's dply (nsfw):

[hide][video=youtube;QmLdk57HWEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmLdk57HWEo[/video][/hide]

27. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

From thorburn yesterday:

Harris-Tunks update
    Boyle said Ben Mills, who performed well during spot duty against the Wildcats, might have to be ready for the spotlight of the NCAA Tournament.
    Shane Harris-Tunks, who suffered a concussion against Arizona, still has some medical "hurdles" to jump through with the doctors before Friday's game.

I hope shane feels better. Seems like he recovered a bit quicker than jelly.

28. Daaah

not good news.

29. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I just found this on USAToday.com not sure how they could be so wrong.

Colorado Buffaloes

PlayerInjuryStatus/UpdatedNotes
    Shane Harris-TunksFAnkleProb Thurs - 3/18/13Harris-Tunks has an ankle injury but is expected to play Thursday against Illinois.

30. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I hope he can at least play some. If so, it will be interesting to see how TB handles the SHT-Mills rotation.