What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SI Pac-12 **Warning**

The Pac 12 is obviously the conference with the best QBs so I'm not disputing that when you're going against Barkley, Luck, Foles, Thomas, Osweiller, etc but there's no reason he can't and won't step up.

The kid got royally screwed by Hawkins (I have been one of his biggest supporters on this site for a while now), but that does not mean I think he has the highest ceiling either. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think an unbiased view of our current QB situation would not be overly impressed. I do not expect Hansen to be able to take over games like the elite QBs, I just hope he can make some plays at critical times and avoid the stupid mistakes that were too common over the last five years.

The kid got royally screwed by Hawkins (I have been one of his biggest supporters on this site for a while now), but that does not mean I think he has the highest ceiling either. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think an unbiased view of our current QB situation would not be overly impressed. I do not expect Hansen to be able to take over games like the elite QBs, I just hope he can make some plays at critical times and avoid the stupid mistakes that were too common over the last five years.
I agree I just think that with good coaching he can be pivotal in leading us to a few more wins. Compared to the rest of the Pac he's not great but he's not terrible either.

My NFL equivalent of Tyler Hansen is Jake Plummer.

Good Jake could take you pretty far because he could also make some plays when things broke down. Bad Jake cost the team wins.

I don't think Tyler is an elite type QB either, but this caught my eye because a husker buddy of mine told me the other day he thinks CU is gonna have a better season than last year because Hansen is the QB and not Hawkins.

I don't think Tyler is an elite type QB either, but this caught my eye because a husker buddy of mine told me the other day he thinks CU is gonna have a better season than last year because Hansen is the QB and not Hawkins.
Was it that guy with the tattoo?

wait a minute, vamos, who the hell are you? These handle name changes are really ****ing with my head

images

Got my copy of SI today in the mail, they've changed it. It still has the Buffs 2-11 overall, but now 2-7 in conference (in the cellar of the South Div w/ Arizona)

Maybe they are still mad for picking us to win the National Title in 97, I think that was the year. Anyway, we went umm 5-6 I think.

0-4 in the non-conference?!?!

I don't know what was dumber, 2-11 and 0-9 in the conference, or 2-11 w/ 2-7 in conference. Hard to say whether having us lose to Wazzu yet manage 2 wins OOC or lose to CSU yet manage 2 wins in the PAC is more ****ing retarded.

They also have ASU going 8-1 in league play. Ain't happening with the offseason they've had

Yeah - ASU is in trouble with the injuries mounting for them already

Yeah. Utah. Okay.

Totally agree here! Let's see how the Utes roll playing big boy football in a real conference for a full season. Yes I know they beat Bama a couple years ago and have other good wins. But a full season against top notch opponents will prove to be a whole different ballgame. I personally want to beat them too really really bad this year just because all the new Pac 12 talk always talks the Utes up and us down, (rightfully so) So beating them would feel really good.

Also, Living in Seattle I see and hear a lot about Wazzu and I am very nervous for that game, the Cougs started to play decent football toward the end of the year last season and I don't want to lose to this team. Being that we are home I do like our chances.

Last edited:
Totally agree here! Let's see how the Utes roll playing big boy football in a real conference for a full season. Yes I know they beat Bama a couple years ago and have other good wins. But a full season against top notch opponents will prove to be a whole different ballgame. I personally want to beat them too really really bad this year just because all the new Pac 12 talk always talks the Utes up and us down, (rightfully so) So beating them would feel really good.

Also, Living in Seattle I see and hear a lot about Wazzu and I am very nervous for that game, of course any roadie for us is a huge challenge but the Cougs started to play decent football toward the end of the year last season and I don't want to lose in Pullman or anywhere for that matter.
FYI - the game is in Boulder this year.

Back