What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SIAP...Harbaugh leaving Stanford (rumor)

You do realize that this Elway character has a little experience in the pros as a quarterback and GM? I recall Harbaugh taking a team to the AFC championship game and losing by the skin of his teeth. Seems to have done well everywhere he has coached.

Harbaugh has coached in 2 places, a team with no schollies and Stanford, none of those are the pro's, so hence the statement he has zero pro coaching experience. I wont even bother to go through the list of above average players who made ****ty coaches or ****ty GM's. But I'll leave it with his resume looks a lot more like Isiah's as an executive than it does Scott Pioli's.

Harbaugh has coached in 2 places, a team with no schollies and Stanford, none of those are the pro's, so hence the statement he has zero pro coaching experience. I wont even bother to go through the list of above average players who made ****ty coaches or ****ty GM's. But I'll leave it with his resume looks a lot more like Isiah's as an executive than it does Scott Pioli's.

Actually, he was on the Raiders staff for 2 years as an assistant before he took the USD job. And he's done a flat out amazing job at Stanford. Maybe that doesn't translate to the pros, but at this point I see no reason to assume that he can only coach in college.

Actually, he was on the Raiders staff for 2 years as an assistant before he took the USD job. And he's done a flat out amazing job at Stanford. Maybe that doesn't translate to the pros, but at this point I see no reason to assume that he can only coach in college.

ok fair on the raiders but I was looking at HC jobs only.

I dont think he'll fail in the pro's but his success is far from the lock many believe it to be, he is an agressive passionate coach who lieks to tear players down, and then build them up. I dont think much of the current Donkies roster would respond well to that.

I'm surprised there isn't any talk about Harbaugh to Carolina. They need some work on their OL, but the power running game is almost in place. Add in Luck who he can get without any issues and go from there. Not sure he wants to live there or anything, but I would think that would be a good place for Harbaugh.

Just heard a rumor that he signed with the 49ers for $30M (not sure time period).

I'm surprised there isn't any talk about Harbaugh to Carolina. They need some work on their OL, but the power running game is almost in place. Add in Luck who he can get without any issues and go from there. Not sure he wants to live there or anything, but I would think that would be a good place for Harbaugh.

According to Vic and Gary, Carolina's owner is known as the cheapest in the league. Supposedly they only spent $77 million on players this year. Unless that owner changes his tune, I am not sure what coach will be lining up to go there.

According to Vic and Gary, Carolina's owner is known as the cheapest in the league. Supposedly they only spent $77 million on players this year. Unless that owner changes his tune, I am not sure what coach will be lining up to go there.

If they spent $77 million on that roster, I'd call them ridiculous overspenders, not cheap... :lol:

Ab So Lutely

Think of the three teams that passed on Michael Jordan. Wether you really need him or not you take the best player thats available. Especially in the first round.

There were only 2 players drafted ahead of Jordan. And the first pick was Hakeem Olajuwon who is one of the best centers to ever play the game and is also a hall of famer. Not a bad pick, especially since I bet no one could project Jordan to be the GOAT. The pick that still stumps people though is Sam Bowie.

As close as Harbaugh and Luck were, do you think a rookie NFL head coach wants to start off with a rookie starting QB? That would be a tough way to start a pro career, but it's probably moot because JH is not going to Carolina.

The Panthers won't hire Harbaugh or any other big name out there because as pointed out, they're too cheap. They'll end up hiring one of the coordinators out there.

I saw some stuff on a Dolphins board that they might go after Harbaugh. :lol: Other than Carolina, who isn't going after Harbaugh?

The ****ing crypt keeper strikes again. I can't think of another owner that has handed more coaches a bag of **** to work with than Al Davis only to fire them once they seem to start to get better.

Would be sort of fitting if Al Davis hired Josh McDaniels for the job. A "reverse-Shanahan"-esque type of hire.

The ****ing crypt keeper strikes again. I can't think of another owner that has handed more coaches a bag of **** to work with than Al Davis only to fire them once they seem to start to get better.

I love it, last year he punches out an assistant coach and has a losing season...not fired.
This year he doesn't punch anyone, finishes 8-8 and goes 6-0 in the AFC West...fired.

The firing of Tom Cable is a head scratcher, for sure. Al Davis has gone full retard.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the 49ers hired Cable, assuming they lose out on the Harbaugh sweepstakes. Nothing would be sweeter for Cable than to stick it to Davis from across the bay.

The firing of Tom Cable is a head scratcher, for sure. Al Davis has gone full retard.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the 49ers hired Cable, assuming they lose out on the Harbaugh sweepstakes. Nothing would be sweeter for Cable than to stick it to Davis from across the bay.

Nice idea......

Cable to the 'niners (natural fit for a town with cable cars), and

Harbaugh to the broncs

I love it, last year he punches out an assistant coach and has a losing season...not fired.
This year he doesn't punch anyone, finishes 8-8 and goes 6-0 in the AFC West...fired.

The truth is he did a pretty good job considering the handicaps. And everyone inside the NFL knows far better than we do what the Handicaps Al Davis brings are.

Tom Cable will land another HC job and probably soon. On top of that, if history is any guide (Gruden, Shannahan), he should clear some room on his mantle for Super Bowl trophy. :lol:

Last edited:
Back