What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signature Win vs Bowl Game

Signature Win or Bowl Game?

• 6-6 w/ Bowl Game

Votes: 81 92.0%
  • 5-7 w/ Signature Win

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
Sig Win vs Bowl Win

National exposure and media: Results -- even

Recruiting boost: Results -- reasonably even (do you want Dec recruits to see a team getting ready for a bowl, or for next season?)

Player motivation and confidence: Results -- reasonably even (short term euphoria or pride of making the post season?)

Extra development time: Results -- big advantage to bowl win

bowl win

Makes a huge difference in the team attitude in the off-season.

Get a signature win but still don't go to a bowl game you are still part of a losing program. You sat at home when "everybody else" was going someplace warm to play on TV. You feel like if you were good enough to beat the signature team but still managed to lose seven games that something is wrong with your team that talent won't fix. Overall you have a long negative off-season. Unfortunately we have had this experience to much recently.

Get the bowl game and you feel like you have earned something. You are at least a .500 team so if you work hard next year a couple more wins gets you a bunch more recognition. You get to run around home wearing the bowl T-shirt and talking about your trip. Off-season workouts mean more, guys have a better focus. Those extra bowl practices can lead you into this. When Mac was going to a bowl other than when it was for all the marbles, he used to often stick something new in to the bowl practices to help keep the team focused on the next season.

Managed correctly a bowl can give a program a whole different vibe to work with. The players can sense it, if you have visiting recruits they can sense it. In the Hawkins era we had a few of what you would call signature wins. They felt good at the time and were nice to talk about but never took us anywhere. It is great to beat "name" teams but in the end it matters a lot more how many you beat than who you beat. Both are important but the number of wins is what determines the direction of your program.

The bowl game, for reasons previously stated (additional practices for what is a very young team). But, even if we get there, we're not going someplace warm. Albuquerque for the the #7 team in the Pac and San Francisco for the #6.

we (THE BUFFS) have had the signature wins - nu,wv,ou,gu and look where we are now. let's try something else!!

I would argue that the coaches need the bowl game to sell they are making progress to recruits. A signature win has not really helped this program in the last 6 years and we have had a few. I will give you that we also had one of the worst head coaches in the history of college football. This staff needs to sell constant progress to ensure recruiting keeps improving. A bowl trip allows that to happen. A sig win and losing season does not I am afraid.

I think the definition of signature win has been watered down. Oklahoma was a signature win. West Virginia was kinda.

Recruits took notice when we beat Oklahoma. Recruits (particularly in So Cal where we are struggling) would take notice if we beat USC or Oregon.

The team is breaking all huddles with, "bowl game," not, "beat someone we aren't expected to beat."

If Embo's goal is bowl game, then my goal is bowl game.

I should add that I think that if we do get to a bowl game at 6-6, we need to win it. We need to end the streak of losing seasons.

More $$$, more TV exposure, more practices, higher profile recruiting, x-tra game, I'll take the bowl game. A signature win may happen along the way.

More $$$, more TV exposure, more practices, higher profile recruiting, x-tra game, I'll take the bowl game. A signature win may happen along the way.

We definitely want to make a bowl game, but it will probably cost the AD money, not make it money (unless we pull off a miracle and wind up in the Rose, Alamo or Holiday).

**** all of you. Why are we voting on a 6-6 season of a 5-7 season with a "Signature win".
**** you. And you. And you. And you. And **** you especially Creatini.
I am a Mutha ****ing Buffalo. We will Go undefeated and be Mutha ****ing National Champions.

**** all of you. Why are we voting on a 6-6 season of a 5-7 season with a "Signature win".
**** you. And you. And you. And you. And **** you especially Creatini.
I am a Mutha ****ing Buffalo. We will Go undefeated and be Mutha ****ing National Champions.
Trying too hard.

That's what your mom told me last night. If I'd known she would have been that easy, I wouldn't have bought her a second drink.
Hey, I appreciate the effort, but your joke kind of insults you. If my mom was so easy, and no one else on here had to buy her a drink or two, what does that say about you?

Hey, I appreciate the effort, but your joke kind of insults you. If my mom was so easy, and no one else on here had to buy her a drink or two, what does that say about you?

Its say's your mom's ****ing hot, and I don't care if you can clap inside of her, she gives head like a ****ing godess.

Its say's your mom's ****ing hot, and I don't care if you can clap inside of her, she gives head like a ****ing godess.

I have to ask again: did you cheat on your SAT test? Reading comprehension seems to be lacking.

Back