What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*****Signing Day 2011 Thread*****

Most anti-climatic signing day ever thus far.....nothing to follow/get excited about from AD, no new information yet, more waiting :cry:

Several more in. The OL class is shaping up quite nicely. Could see some of these guys competing for starting jobs as redshirt freshmen after the big senior OL class graduates.

class has shaped up OK, imo. by not connecting with fans, the CU AD maintains it's "mystique".

one of these days, i'm going to figure out why every time i log on to the AD site, i think "this site sucks". or: maybe if i buy a printable ticket on-line i don't half-expect to show up at the game, printed ticket in hand and they don't let me in. or I half-expect to get charged twice or something.

Observations on the class so far.

To start with I am amazed that Embree and staff were able to put together this solid a class in the short time they had. This shows that they are willing to work as hard as it takes to be successfull. It also shows that they know how to recruit and that they are able to communicate a message to these young men that they can believe and be enthusiastic about.

Next observation is that we are seeing a huge step up in athletic ability. A number of the players are guys who were late developers or played in systems that didn't emphasize their abilities but we have a bunch of guys who can run and hit. Not to put down anybody who signed here in the past few years but we seemed to be bringing in more and more guys who were one step slow or 20lbs light or both to play in a BCS conference. A lot of these guys will end up playing new positions but at least they have the athletic ability to compete.

I am not a believer in a herd mentality but you can often tell about a kid by who else wants him. I am seeing kids with offers from multiple PAC12 schools including Oregon, the Arizonas, Washington, etc. as well as serious programs from other conferences like Iowa, Michigan, Arkansas, etc.

Hawk also made a lot of noise about academics and the "right" kind of kids but as his time went on we saw more guys who couldn't or didn't make the grade in the classroom and off the field. I am seeing a number of kids with offers from the Air Force, Northwestern, Wake Forest, and other schools that are considered to be be quality academic schools. If the AFA thinks a kid can handle the academics then I expect him to be able to handle CU (or just about anywhere else.)

I am also seeing a focus on big bodies that that can compete at the LOS. I am looking forword to a Buffs team that fires off the ball on offense and that stands up the line on defense. A consistent running game, no more jailbreak pass blocking, and a lot less "gashers" on defense and more 2nd and 3rd and longs on defense will move us towards the direction of being a winning program.

what you said and double it. Great day to be a buff! So glad we have our new staff in place!

Two things.
1) Does anyone have a favorite radio station (anywhere in the country) who does excellent LOI coverage? If so, I want to stream it on my phone app.

2) It doesn't appear that this staff emphasizes a bias for the player to be the son of a coach. ;)

Good class. So good in fact I already got my 2012 BCS bowl game tix

Damn those are good prices. It would be smart to get some tickets now and sell them to a fan of a team thats in it next year. I heard tickets this year were going for thousands. My cousin went down to Glendale trying to get a good deal on a ticket and couldn't find one, so he didn't go to the game.

Back