What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signs are pointing to Mac, IMO.

Let's be clear, this is Mike Bohn's decision...unless DiStephano doesn't like who he picks.

Yeah, CJ used the analogy of "your boss says, ""let me be clear, there is no dress code. You can wear what you want to work. By the way, I really love blue shirts."" So, there is no dress code, but what color shirt are you going to wear to work the next day?

channelling any sec fan: NO. that CANNOT be correct. if he MEANT the sec, he would have side he wanted a coach from the BEST, TOUGHEST, GREATEST, HARDEST, AND ONLY MEANINGFUL conference in the world!

Nice deliberate pot shot with that typo.

So, if Mac were the guy, wouldn't he have been named already?
Probably not.

If he were named now, he would have to coach the last three games with the existing coaching staff, running the existing "offense", etc. Then he would probably let most of the staff go after the nub game. Waiting until the season is over, and letting Cabral act as IHC, lets Mac work behind the scenes to put together a staff. Plus, an after the season announcement would put all of the spotlight on Mac rather than share it with 3 games left to play.

Mac has been campaigning for the job for the better part of the last six months. Bohn has said he's a viable, serious candidate. A Mac hire is a safe hire. Nobody is going to criticize Bohn for hiring Mac, but they certainly would if he were to hire somebody else who ultimately failed. The kicker for me is the pic we saw of Mac at the Valor/Ponderosa game a few weeks ago. What's he doing there? Well, it would seem obvious that he's there to connect with Berglund and/or Vickers. We get info yesterday that Berglund is 100% committed to CU still.

Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences. At least not when it comes to this kind of thing. I suspect Berglund has been given some indication that Mac is the guy, which led him to re-affirming his commitment.

I have absolutely no inside information. I'm just reading the tea leaves and coming to a conclusion based on what I'm seeing. I suppose I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice before on rare occassions.

:rofl: Eventually Jimmy will find a way.

Probably not.

If he were named now, he would have to coach the last three games with the existing coaching staff, running the existing "offense", etc. Then he would probably let most of the staff go after the nub game. Waiting until the season is over, and letting Cabral act as IHC, lets Mac work behind the scenes to put together a staff. Plus, an after the season announcement would put all of the spotlight on Mac rather than share it with 3 games left to play.
OK, I'll buy that premise. Because, as the ladies say, "DBT is easy."

Last edited:
Exactly.. We hire Mac I think its a bad hire.. What is this 1990? I'd support him but I think its the wrong move for the football program.

Agreed. I feel outnumbered on here for thinking this way but I seem to remember laughing at KSU for bringing back their "glory days" coach & he was only away from the game for a couple of years.

Kids in their 20s (nevermind their teens) have little knowledge of who Coach Mac is unless their parents are/were CU fans or if their parents followed the Promise Keepers organization. 1990 was before any kid we're recruiting was born - I just can't imagine continuously selling a program based on something that happened 20+ years ago.

Mac has been campaigning for the job for the better part of the last six months. Bohn has said he's a viable, serious candidate. A Mac hire is a safe hire. Nobody is going to criticize Bohn for hiring Mac, but they certainly would if he were to hire somebody else who ultimately failed. The kicker for me is the pic we saw of Mac at the Valor/Ponderosa game a few weeks ago. What's he doing there? Well, it would seem obvious that he's there to connect with Berglund and/or Vickers. We get info yesterday that Berglund is 100% committed to CU still.

Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences. At least not when it comes to this kind of thing. I suspect Berglund has been given some indication that Mac is the guy, which led him to re-affirming his commitment.

I have absolutely no inside information. I'm just reading the tea leaves and coming to a conclusion based on what I'm seeing. I suppose I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice before on rare occassions.

I hope the NCAA doesn't view a coaching candidate reaching out to recruit's a violation.

Agreed. I feel outnumbered on here for thinking this way but I seem to remember laughing at KSU for bringing back their "glory days" coach & he was only away from the game for a couple of years.

Kids in their 20s (nevermind their teens) have little knowledge of who Coach Mac is unless their parents are/were CU fans or if their parents followed the Promise Keepers organization. 1990 was before any kid we're recruiting was born - I just can't imagine continuously selling a program based on something that happened 20+ years ago.

I don't know if Mac would be the right guy or not. But to argue that 18 year old kids don't know who he is wouldn't buy into Mac is a bad argument. I'll guarantee you that if Mac walked into some kid's home and the kid had never heard of him, within 10 minutes, Mac would have the kid enthralled.

Nobody knew who Mac was in 1985. By 1988, everybody knew who he was. I'm not worried about that.

I don't know if Mac would be the right guy or not. But to argue that 18 year old kids don't know who he is wouldn't buy into Mac is a bad argument. I'll guarantee you that if Mac walked into some kid's home and the kid had never heard of him, within 10 minutes, Mac would have the kid enthralled.

Plus the fact that often, when recruiting, you go to a kids high school coach first. You can be damn sure that HS coach will know exactly who Mac is and will explain it to the kid in detail.

Back