1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs of life?...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Sep 11, 2011.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I can't bring myself to read all the other game day and following posts...so if I repeat something, sorry, I am just going to vent here.

There is some heart being shown now. A change from what is was like under HaLk where the team would get behind, lay down, and start composing their, well, there's always next week, post-game interview quotes.

But, there were four games CU had a good chance to win this year, and they have blown two of them so far.

Cal is not that good of a team. It is going to take some time to fill the roster, top to bottom with the kind of talent that will compete in the P12. There are some bright spots, Obi, Rippy, Uzo-Diribe, PRich, Hansen but simply too few to compete right now.

Look for three W's this year.

2. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Don't expect many wins this season, but there are good signs for the future. GO BUFFS!!!

3. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

In addition to a lack of talent, especially gamebreakers, the biggest thing this team needs to do is learn how to win.

4. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Eliminate our penalties the past two games, take back the 4th down attempt in the first drive and take 3 instead from the last game, suddenly we're 2-0 and everyone is predicting a bowl game. Of course those are theoreticals that mean nothing, but predicting the rest of the season is also theoretical.

The team looked a lot better in game two. aside from four rushes in a row in overtime I LOVE the play calling. the coaches are learning how to utilize our team well. We cut out the penalties then we are in business. Everyone can be pissed off if they want, but we didn't expect any championships this year, so we have to look for growth and unfortunately certain "moral" victories. If Hansen actually starts looking like a veteran (and learns to throw accurately when he rolls out the the right,) our offense will be tough to stop. (watch the run pick up as the pass becomes defended more intensely.)

We've fixed some mistakes from the first game, the D line looks good, We actually look tough, play-calling is improved, we now know we have a superstar receiver...PAC12 season still hasn't started, and the south doesn't look like it is going to full of unbeatable teams...we can hang with any of those teams and we WILL surprise at least a couple this season.

5. Crash Davis

Crash Davis MA....THE MEATLOAF!!! Club Member

Caught some of the radio broadcast after the game yesterday and someone who had been in the locker mentioned that you could hear a pin drop. Everyone quiet, somber, visibly perturbed at the loss. Went on to say that that rarely, if ever, happened under the previous regime......could usually hear guys talking, joking, etc. even after losses.

Take it fwiw.....but it sounds like this staff is slowly changing the mentality.