What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signs of life?...

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
I can't bring myself to read all the other game day and following posts...so if I repeat something, sorry, I am just going to vent here.

There is some heart being shown now. A change from what is was like under HaLk where the team would get behind, lay down, and start composing their, well, there's always next week, post-game interview quotes.

But, there were four games CU had a good chance to win this year, and they have blown two of them so far.

Cal is not that good of a team. It is going to take some time to fill the roster, top to bottom with the kind of talent that will compete in the P12. There are some bright spots, Obi, Rippy, Uzo-Diribe, PRich, Hansen but simply too few to compete right now.

Look for three W's this year.

In addition to a lack of talent, especially gamebreakers, the biggest thing this team needs to do is learn how to win.

Eliminate our penalties the past two games, take back the 4th down attempt in the first drive and take 3 instead from the last game, suddenly we're 2-0 and everyone is predicting a bowl game. Of course those are theoreticals that mean nothing, but predicting the rest of the season is also theoretical.

The team looked a lot better in game two. aside from four rushes in a row in overtime I LOVE the play calling. the coaches are learning how to utilize our team well. We cut out the penalties then we are in business. Everyone can be pissed off if they want, but we didn't expect any championships this year, so we have to look for growth and unfortunately certain "moral" victories. If Hansen actually starts looking like a veteran (and learns to throw accurately when he rolls out the the right,) our offense will be tough to stop. (watch the run pick up as the pass becomes defended more intensely.)

We've fixed some mistakes from the first game, the D line looks good, We actually look tough, play-calling is improved, we now know we have a superstar receiver...PAC12 season still hasn't started, and the south doesn't look like it is going to full of unbeatable teams...we can hang with any of those teams and we WILL surprise at least a couple this season.

Caught some of the radio broadcast after the game yesterday and someone who had been in the locker mentioned that you could hear a pin drop. Everyone quiet, somber, visibly perturbed at the loss. Went on to say that that rarely, if ever, happened under the previous regime......could usually hear guys talking, joking, etc. even after losses.

Take it fwiw.....but it sounds like this staff is slowly changing the mentality.

Back