What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Silver Linings...

XJ and Ski will have to become more consistent in a hurry here for the Buffs to finish strong. Given the AAU and High School level of play before they got here, combined with a pretty large body of work here at CU, I don't like those odds.

I expect inconsistent play from the younger guys, especially some of them who didn't play high level AAU basketball pre-CU. A guy like Gordon is a lot more of a project. Ski and XJ have to step it up and I don't know why we should expect that to happen now because SD is out.

XJ and Ski will have to become more consistent in a hurry here for the Buffs to finish strong. Given the AAU and High School level of play before they got here, combined with a pretty large body of work here at CU, I don't like those odds.

I expect inconsistent play from the younger guys, especially some of them who didn't play high level AAU basketball pre-CU. A guy like Gordon is a lot more of a project. Ski and XJ have to step it up and I don't know why we should expect that to happen now because SD is out.

Gordon has been getting better every game...he was borderline dominant against Washington

More JLaw, please.
tumblr_my4wf0Wu0a1qa4jiro4_250.gif

I know I keep harping on this, but I can't get past the fact that this only magnifies what was already a big problem: a serious lack of perimeter offense. Spencer was the only guy on the team that was a Pac-12 caliber jump shooter. I posted elsewhere that the rest of our guys that primarily play on the perimeter are shooting 27% from 3, and ~37% overall. I'd love to see our actual perimeter FG%, it has to be low 30s.

Teams are going to pack it in down low even more now, making it even harder inside for Scott, Wes, and any penetrating guard. If we don't have someone emerge as an even semi-consistent jump shooter, we're in trouble.

I know I keep harping on this, but I can't get past the fact that this only magnifies what was already a big problem: a serious lack of perimeter offense. Spencer was the only guy on the team that was a Pac-12 caliber jump shooter. I posted elsewhere that the rest of our guys that primarily play on the perimeter are shooting 27% from 3, and ~37% overall. I'd love to see our actual perimeter FG%, it has to be low 30s.

Teams are going to pack it in down low even more now, making it even harder inside for Scott, Wes, and any penetrating guard. If we don't have someone emerge as an even semi-consistent jump shooter, we're in trouble.

CU's shooting 36.8% on 2 point jumpers - if you take Spencer out of that equation CU's actually shooting a little better on 2 pt jumpers - 37.3%

On 3's - CU's shooting 30.7% from 3, taking Spencer's #'s out, CU's shooting 27.9% from 3.

If you combine all mid-range and 3 pt shooting, CU's shooting 33.3% on shots not around the rim - if you subtract Spencer from that CU's shooting 32.3%.

This can't be true
**** I am so pissed this was supposed to be our year
What if he plays through the pain and gives us 12 mintues a game
I'm bummed going to go drink
We are going to be okay. Shoulder to Shoulder

Silver lining - every time Eli Stalzer comes in the game, I get to sing "Eli's Coming" by Three Dog Night.

Negative - JG was ready to stab me in the second half.

Back