1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simas = Griffin's surprise player of the year

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffNut99, Aug 31, 2009.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

1 of 2, at least:

Jamie Cabela of Midland, Texas, writes: Tim, quick question for you. Who is going to be your surprise player in the Big 12 this season?

Tim Griffin: I'll actually go with two of them. My first will be Markques Simas of Colorado, once he is eligible. I think he's got a great opportunity to become a top receiver immediately for the Buffaloes. And my other choice will Missouri freshman tailback Kendial Lawrence. I've heard some good things about him, even if he is third-string on the Tigers' roster. Look for him to contribute for the Tigers as the season goes on.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12

What is confusing about this is how he is always harping on how "CU doesn't have a threat in the passing game" yet he acknowledges that we have a stud lying in wait.

2. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Down a little further someone asks about Griffin's favorite team entrances. Forget the fact that he ignores a Colorado team following a live Bison onto the field... his all time favorite was Iowa walking and holding hands in the Hayden Fry era. Umm, has he lost his mind (or did he just not ever have one)?

3. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

So you are saying that he like to see men walking together and holding hands.

I suspected as much.:huh:

:lol:

4. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Griffin got defensive the other day in one of the mailbag dealies after someone questioned whether San Antonio was as "marquee" a bowl destination in January as San Diego in the Alamo/Holiday Bowl shuffle. had to defend that *hometown* bowl...and the Great State of Texas. nice objectivity, Tim. that's what we've some to love about your SWC....errrr, Big XII blogs.

5. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I used to bitch/post all of the time about the crap Tim Griffin writes for espn until someone told me to knock it off. The gloves are off now.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

NTTIAWWT :smile2:

7. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I hope his prediction is better than the Big 12 predicting Darrell Scott to be the newcomer of the year last year.

8. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

That too, but didn't make my point very well:rolleyes:.... he was asked about his favorite Big XII entrances, so his comment about Iowa seemed a little out of place.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Iowa / Iowa State, same difference. Neither are in the Big 12 South, so they're pretty much irrelevant.