What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons and Jefferson cleared by Admissions

Let's it all turns out the way we want it. It's about f-in time CU starts getting some breaks, and some luck thrown our way.

I don't want to see this thread again until there is news. Frankly, we've seen this **** before and it usually doesn't turn out good. I'm very skepticle at this point that he will make it to CU. At least this year. :sad2:

I don't want to see this thread again until there is news. Frankly, we've seen this **** before and it usually doesn't turn out good. I'm very skepticle at this point that he will make it to CU. At least this year. :sad2:

I bet you 10 bucks he plays in the CSU game.

I wouldn't take that bet based on the principle of not betting against a kid, especially a Buff. But if I weren't a delusional psychotic fan, I'd take the bet. Too much of this is looking like what we've gone through before.

First. I think skepticle should be a new word all around. Possibly a KSU body part.

Second. Kids like Nuckols and Simon already know they didn't make it in. They have a little more work to do, or something to clear.

Simmons seems different. He knows nobody can pull any magic transcripts out of a hat. He can't be trying to fool anyone; he knows they are going to get the transcripts as described. He's been at every practice biding his time. And CU knows what is needed to get him in. If there was no chance, I doubt Hawkins would be wasting the kid's time just to get him to hang out in Boulder for no purpose, especially when he has a young child counting on him back home. I have to think that the CC has been forthcoming by phone - verified something -, but they just haven't mailed or faxed what is needed to finalize admissions, possibly because it's vacation time.

I just want to keep thinking positive thoughts on this one.

I wish I were a better history Buff. Then I could espouse the littany of times we have been burned. Especially with JC kids. If "history" is an indicator, he will either sit out a year and come in next year or go to K State. :sad2:

The delay in getting a transcript is never a good omen. Every CU JC transfer that had a long delay never seems to play.

All of you need to chill, I have it on good authority that US postal officials in Kansas have confirmed a dispatch from Independence Community College bound for Boulder. The satchel has been passed to the first rider!

225px-Pony_express_crop.jpg
:thumbsup:

All of you need to chill, I have it on good authority that US postal officials in Kansas have confirmed a dispatch from Independence Community College bound for Boulder. The satchel has been passed to the first rider!

225px-Pony_express_crop.jpg
:thumbsup:

You know, ........ If I were Hawkins, I would either have sent a courier to pick up and personally deliver the transcripts, or had the courier pick them up and send them UPS or Fed Ex overnite delivery. But that would have been toooooooooooooooo easy!

There is nothing to pick up, guys. The grades from his last summer courses haven't been posted to his official transcript yet. I just think this sucks for Simmons and that Independence CC needs to do right for a good young man who was a star for them for 2 years.

Reliable poster on Rivals says hopefully today he'll be cleared. Also says there is no need to panic.

Haha, yea. About as convincing as you'll see right now. The guy knows his stuff though.

I agree with you 21. I saw that too. When he talks, people listen. Speculation is he either a) works in the admissions office or is b)connected to the coaching staff.

That post officially put me at ease with the Simmons situation.

I agree with you 21. I saw that too. When he talks, people listen. Speculation is he either a) works in the admissions office or is b)connected to the coaching staff.

It must be football time again...Buttermaker's back!

It must be football time again...Buttermaker's back!

Ole Morris has been hanging around but between a wife that is 8.5 months pregnant, getting my MBA, working full time and traveling, my allbuffs contributions have been slacking.

However, my priorities are in order. The season is upon us, the tickets are in the fire proof safe, the wife is on strict orders when not to deliver and my knowledge is up to date. Good to be missed though, or maybe not?

Haha, yea. About as convincing as you'll see right now. The guy knows his stuff though.

I third this. He's always spot on with his scoop.

Buttermaker, congrats on the soon to be kiddo. Sounds like you'll have a kiddo just under the wire for FB season. We on the other hand, didn't plan as well as you. Due right in the middle of the season. :cry::smile:

I third this. He's always spot on with his scoop.

Buttermaker, congrats on the soon to be kiddo. Sounds like you'll have a kiddo just under the wire for FB season. We on the other hand, didn't plan as well as you. Due right in the middle of the season. :cry::smile:

The poster kind of struck out on his scoop this past signing day.

And on the Simmons situation:cry:

Sounds like Sacky and Syko were right. Holy ****, our WR recruiting is some sort of awful.:huh::huh::wow:

Back