What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons and Jefferson cleared by Admissions

Noticed that to. Methinks ole Kyle may have jumped the gun a bit.

The bit in Scout was in the chat forum. I think he's waiting for something official from the Athletic Department before he puts it out on BZ.

The bit in Scout was in the chat forum. I think he's waiting for something official from the Athletic Department before he puts it out on BZ.

Oh gotcha. A link to the camera blog was posted in the other Simmons thread, but there was nothing new.

rumors a swirling... but at least no fire yet. Smoke, boulder can deal with :smile2:

rumors a swirling... but at least no fire yet. Smoke, boulder can deal with :smile2:

Hell Yeah

420-pm-university-of-boulder-quad-27710-1240449231-23.jpeg

Haha, yea. About as convincing as you'll see right now. The guy knows his stuff though.

I guess he doesn't know as much as you think. We all know where this is headed and where it's going to end. CU and everyone involved should be bitch slapped for letting this crap happen over and over again.

I guess he doesn't know as much as you think. We all know where this is headed and where it's going to end. CU and everyone involved should be bitch slapped for letting this crap happen over and over again.
that include you?

Yes. CU should have found a suitable "fill-in" for Simmons to go take all of Simmons classes.

Why do people get mad at CU when JUCO's aren't accepted? I have never understood that.

If he hasn't been accepted to CU it is because he didn't make the grades. How/Why is that CU's fault??

Yes. CU should have found a suitable "fill-in" for Simmons to go take all of Simmons classes.

Why do people get mad at CU when JUCO's aren't accepted? I have never understood that.

If he hasn't been accepted to CU it is because he didn't make the grades. How/Why is that CU's fault??

That's fine. But the fact we're so heavily counting on a JUCO transfer at WR shows how badly the coaches have dropped the ball in WR recruiting. CU admissions do not need to feel the heat over this situation, but the coaches certainly do. We have been talking about WR issues for a while now.

Sure. Just know when you slam someone 's posts and what those posts said turns out to be true, don't be angry, just say "you were right, I was wrong" and it's all good.:lol:
its all good man, but you ain't right yet. And seriously, you always go negative. That is like giving Woelke credit for calling the OU upset, even though he always predicts a buffs win. Only, in a bad way. Way to be the negative Woelk... (sp?). But ya, if it makes you feel better, I will say you are right... if that happens. Just know you are getting bitch slapped along with everyone else, so try and keep your gloating to a minimum.

That's fine. But the fact we're so heavily counting on a JUCO transfer at WR shows how badly the coaches have dropped the ball in WR recruiting. CU admissions do not need to feel the heat over this situation, but the coaches certainly do. We have been talking about WR issues for a while now.

What are you ****ing talking about?

Go look at the ****ing roster!!

We recruited a boatload of wide receivers this recruiting cycle. A 6'4" wide receiver and a 6'5" wide receiver. We recruited this Jefferson kid who is looking like a steal right now. We've got a couple kids currently playing RB who will be spending a lot of time in the slot before the season is done. Celestine, Simas, etc. We have a ****load of wide receivers on this team.

I know I was an annoying ****er when I bashed Barnett every ****ing day, but your sandy vagina takes the ****ing cake.

its all good man, but you ain't right yet. And seriously, you always go negative. That is like giving Woelke credit for calling the OU upset, even though he always predicts a buffs win. Only, in a bad way. Way to be the negative Woelk... (sp?). But ya, if it makes you feel better, I will say you are right... if that happens. Just know you are getting bitch slapped along with everyone else, so try and keep your gloating to a minimum.

I want simmons here, I've bitched about it for weeks. I find solace in posters like you who shout me down and then bitch out when you end up wrong. Your like the denver media and the rape scandal. The only people getting bitched slapped is hawk and CU by juco schools.

that include you?

Sure. Just know when you slam someone 's posts and what those posts said turns out to be true, don't be angry, just say "you were right, I was wrong" and it's all good.:lol:

I want simmons here, I've bitched about it for weeks. I find solace in posters like you who shout me down and then bitch out when you end up wrong. Your like the denver media and the rape scandal. The only people getting bitched slapped is hawk and CU by juco schools.

:rofl:

We recruited a boatload of wide receivers this recruiting cycle. A 6'4" wide receiver and a 6'5" wide receiver. We recruited this Jefferson kid who is looking like a steal right now. We've got a couple kids currently playing RB who will be spending a lot of time in the slot before the season is done. Celestine, Simas, etc. We have a ****load of wide receivers on this team.

I know I was an annoying ****er when I bashed Barnett every ****ing day, but your sandy vagina takes the ****ing cake.

Boulder BUff wasn't whining as far as I know. Look, NOBODY expected smith to transfer and simas's suspension was a suprise. Most of you weren't banking our season on simmons either so I understand your point. The problem is, this team can't catch a break in the off-season. It's getting to the point where you hold your breath that another key guy isn't lost.

No matter, hawk loves these guys like espinosa and maxwell, we'll see if there up to it and make some plays. I hope they do because if we lose to csu at home he's done.

Boulder BUff wasn't whining as far as I know. Look, NOBODY expected smith to transfer and simas's suspension was a suprise. Most of you weren't banking our season on simmons either so I understand your point. The problem is, this team can't catch a break in the off-season. It's getting to the point where you hold your breath that another key guy isn't lost.

No matter, hawk loves these guys like espinosa and maxwell, we'll see if there up to it and make some plays. I hope they do because if we lose to csu at home he's done.

You're like your own cycle of emotion.:lol:

This post is pretty reasonable--the sort of silliness I'd expect from the 101st. I want my Airborne guys angry, knife-in-teeth and getting results without excuses. Can I get you to go back to your 82nd mindset?

You're like your own cycle of emotion.:lol:

This post is pretty reasonable--the sort of silliness I'd expect from the 101st. I want my Airborne guys angry, knife-in-teeth and getting results without excuses. Can I get you to go back to your 82nd mindset?

I don't care if valdezj is playing wr on sept 6th, NO EXCUSES, we need to come out and run through, over the sheep.

Lose a juco wr? We will adapt, and overcome!

This is the problem I have with Buffs fans. Relying on 2-3 true freshmen WRs does not equal having ****loads of WRs. Clemons and Celestine (who is not guaranteed to see the field again) are not playing this year. I have heard the whole "we're one of the youngest teams in college football" argument more times than I care to count over the last couple years. How long do we have to hear that before we are actually playing experienced WRs. I am looking at the roster and sorry, but I do not exactly feel confident about the WRs for this year. Lots of potential, but if let's focus on this year for a moment.

This is the problem I have with Buffs fans. Relying on 2-3 true freshmen WRs does not equal having ****loads of WRs. Clemons and Celestine (who is not guaranteed to see the field again) are not playing this year. I have heard the whole "we're one of the youngest teams in college football" argument more times than I care to count over the last couple years. How long do we have to hear that before we are actually playing experienced WRs. I am looking at the roster and sorry, but I do not exactly feel confident about the WRs for this year. Lots of potential, but if let's focus on this year for a moment.
drmrnegative0101.jpg

First of all - let me apologize - I somehow lumped you and Syko together. I wasn't calling you a sandy vag.

Second - my point is - they can only play the players they have on the team. If Celestine and Simas and Smith weren't knuckleheads - we'd have a receiving corps consisting of Scotty McKnight, Kendrick Celestine, Marques Simas and Josh Smith --- how would you feel about that?

The coaches realized they had a need for wide receivers, and they went out and signed a boatload of wide receivers in February (and July). What else can they do?

First of all - let me apologize - I somehow lumped you and Syko together. I wasn't calling you a sandy vag.

Second - my point is - they can only play the players they have on the team. If Celestine and Simas and Smith weren't knuckleheads - we'd have a receiving corps consisting of Scotty McKnight, Kendrick Celestine, Marques Simas and Josh Smith --- how would you feel about that?

The coaches realized they had a need for wide receivers, and they went out and signed a boatload of wide receivers in February (and July). What else can they do?

Fair enough. It is just all sorts of frustrating events that has created the perfect storm at WR. We could be looking pretty good there and instead we have a lot of questions. Really hoping Simmons can make a meaningful contribution this year because I think our WRs are going to be good next year. Clemons looked really good the couple times I have seen him. Celestine may be back as well. But we really need some help this year.

Last edited:

My God you are getting soft!

Lots of weird **** going on tonight. Boulder ranting, syko having semi-rational posts, and Lt. Col DEFENDING the coaches? **** me.

The loss of Smith, Celestine, and Blackmon, is weighing pretty heavily right now. No one expected this a year ago, and even after KC left to take care of family, the wr corps was still okay (pre-feb signing day).

This has been a pretty weird sequence of events. I refuse to lay all the blame on the handling/recruitment of Andre Simmons. Granted, his situation is a real puzzler, but his grades/entrance is under a mega-microscope right now, just because of the other losses. Of course, Simas' 2 game suspension isn't helping with this boards anger management issues.

Here's hoping that 1 or 2 of the young guns steps up big time.

If Simmons has done enough to be admitted to CU and it's an NCAA issue, that probably means that there's some question on whether he's got enough credits toward a degree to be eligible, right? So the question would be whether he needs another course or not. Otherwise, he's a CU student but can't play football this year.

Anyone else have a different explanation?

So you meant the sandy vagina comment for me? Yeah I got sand in Iraq in 91 **** stain.

Back