What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons ineligible? (Currently a rumor)

You would think after our 2-10 season we might catch some breaks, but since spring of 2008, we have had nothing but bad luck. Kasa now out for 6-8 weeks maybe he redshirts? Yesterday it was a week to 2 weeks..:sad2:

Simmons? He's an unofficial greyshirt?

We are going to have are best wr group in years in 2010 but we need these guys now. Going an entire season with mcknight,simas,jefferson is going to be tough.

CU should have someone helping simon, nuckols,simmons and MAKE SURE they have evrything they need to actually PLAY at CU.

Sick of hearing bad news after bad news the last 2 off-seasons. **** this.

Amid all of the doom and gloom, one name I haven't heard any mention of is Espinoza. He's looked really good in the practice I saw and the scrimmage. I think people are forgetting about him because of his injury last year but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him come in and take up some slack.

Amid all of the doom and gloom, one name I haven't heard any mention of is Espinoza. He's looked really good in the practice I saw and the scrimmage. I think people are forgetting about him because of his injury last year but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him come in and take up some slack.

We need some size out there.

You would think after our 2-10 season we might catch some breaks, but since spring of 2008, we have had nothing but bad luck. Kasa now out for 6-8 weeks maybe he redshirts? Yesterday it was a week to 2 weeks..:sad2:

Simmons? He's an unofficial greyshirt?

We are going to have are best wr group in years in 2010 but we need these guys now. Going an entire season with mcknight,simas,jefferson is going to be tough.

CU should have someone helping simon, nuckols,simmons and MAKE SURE they have evrything they need to actually PLAY at CU.

Sick of hearing bad news after bad news the last 2 off-seasons. **** this.

Hey Syko, I have only been here a few months and thought your diatribe was on the negative side purely for a response but as I learn from experience you and Mania (not to lump you two together) may have this thing all figured out. Offseasons following the Buffs are hell with no sign of the past ever not repeating itself. Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. This seems to be the broken record that is Colorado football. I have been a hard core hawk supporter from day one, he seemed like a breath of fresh air after the GB regime. But I am not so sure Joe Schmoe from wherever couldn't recruit the same athletes as we have gotten the past few years especially at the QB position (maybe I am biased about the program). I think you speak a lot for a majority of CU football fans and supporters. I was drinking the kool aid but I need a new flavor this one is stale. Give me something to believe in.

Last edited:
Hey Syko, I have only been here a few months and thought your diatribe was on the negative side purely for a response but as I learn from experience you and Mania (not to lump you two together) may have this thing all figured out. Offseasons following the Buffs are hell with no sign of the past ever not repeating itself. Albert Einstein once said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. This seems to be the broken record that is Colorado football. I have been a hard core hawk supporter from day one, he seemed like a breath of fresh air after the GB regime. But I am not so sure Joe Schmoe from wherever couldn't recruit the same athletes as we have gotten the past few years especially at the QB position (maybe I am biased about the program). I think you speak a lot for a majority of CU football fans and supporters.

Well thank you, but there's one problem, I 'm sick of being negative about the state of CU football. I want to come into the season like days of old and know we will be good and dominate teams we should beat. I want to talk with fellow buffs here about how we just beat texas and how we just won another big 12 championship.

It's been a rough off-season the last 2 years, as I have stated many times, we need all hands on deck and our 4 star guys seem to be the ones who we keep losing from playing on game days. We need everyone. Right now, my 8 win prediction may need adjusted.

things have been ****ty the past month or so, no doubt. however, the players i have talked to are extremely optimistic and have taken hawks ten and no to heart. they know they can do nothing about the negative things that have happened, but only work harder. its frustrating as hell right now but lets save a little judgement til we see the guys we have performing on the field. i'm still extremely excited for the season and praying for a pleasant surprise.

I know "step back from the edge" but I have been running from the edge ever since montana st. saying just wait and see, he knows what he is doing, look at boise st and how they look. They play hard every play they look like they could travel anywhere and give put up a fight and make you feel proud. I have felt that once, against OU. Is it Petersen, Koetter, what is missing.

I know "step back from the edge" but I have been running from the edge ever since montana st. saying just wait and see, he knows what he is doing, look at boise st and how they look. They play hard every play they look like they could travel anywhere and give put up a fight and make you feel proud. I have felt that once, against OU. Is it Petersen, Koetter, what is missing.

Well, last year it was injuries and suspensions. This year it is academics, suspensions etc... Until we can go through an off-season have all positions in good shape and ready to go,we will be missing wins on the scoreboard.

Cody is a great kid but compared to bradford,mcoy, reesing etc... he's not on that level. He's a great leader and knows the offense but most people relize he's hindered a bit.

Our rb's were hurt last year as was the OL. Seems a different position takes a hit everey year. It will stop some time. I'm looking forward to CSU and see how we run our offense. We should be fine running but somebody is going to have to pose as a deep threat in our passing game.

Things can only go up!

Well, last year it was injuries and suspensions. This year it is academics, suspensions etc... Until we can go through an off-season have all positions in good shape and ready to go,we will be missing wins on the scoreboard.

Cody is a great kid but compared to bradford,mcoy, reesing etc... he's not on that level. He's a great leader and knows the offense but most people relize he's hindered a bit.

Our rb's were hurt last year as was the OL. Seems a different position takes a hit everey year. It will stop some time. I'm looking forward to CSU and see how we run our offense. We should be fine running but somebody is going to have to pose as a deep threat in our passing game.

Things can only go up!

I think just about every team experiences injuries during the course of the season, and more specifically during the summer workouts.

Oklahoma State lost one of their backup RB's the other day. Their starting QB hasn't practiced in over a week because of a hamstring injury.

One of OU's linebacker's eligibility is in question. OU's starting RB has missed the first two weeks of camp with a hamstring injury.

Injuries happen. They are just part of football, these days. I think it would be exceptionally rare to have an offseason where there WEREN'T any injuries. Even back in the "glory days" of Colorado football, there were injuries and suspensions. Eric Bienemy couldn't play for several games because he broke his leg. Then he punched a fireman and got suspended for the season opener in 1990.

**** happens in football.

I think just about every team experiences injuries during the course of the season, and more specifically during the summer workouts.

Oklahoma State lost one of their backup RB's the other day. Their starting QB hasn't practiced in over a week because of a hamstring injury.

One of OU's linebacker's eligibility is in question. OU's starting RB has missed the first two weeks of camp with a hamstring injury.

Injuries happen. They are just part of football, these days. I think it would be exceptionally rare to have an offseason where there WEREN'T any injuries. Even back in the "glory days" of Colorado football, there were injuries and suspensions. Eric Bienemy couldn't play for several games because he broke his leg. Then he punched a fireman and got suspended for the season opener in 1990.

You are right but what I'm saying is, you just named 1 or 2 guys for other teams, CU on the other hand is having 10 players done for various reasons, it's not the same, especially when teams like OU have the quality depth that they do.

Someday we might attain the depth that teams like OU and Texas possess. Until then, injuries to guys like Kasa loom large.

I'm still sticking with 8 wins. We have questions, but so do a lot of teams in this conference. If our coaching staff is half as good they seem to think they are, bolstered by a favorable schedule, we'll do well this year. You get the sense that just some success for the program and the everyone will be pretty happy.

It is kind of ironic. CU use to always be able to find receivers, McCoy (not recruited), Hackett (his school dropped football) - and these guys were good college receivers. I don't remember CU to ever be so lacking at receiver. In your positive theme, it gives a couple of the younger guys an opportunity for early reps and a chance to develop fast.

I disagree with that, in 2005 we managed to back into a Big XII North Title with Evan Judge and Dusty Sprague as receivers.

Ballogen (sp?). Apparently, inbetween hs and college, he played in some "fun" leagues that are considered semi-pro. Not likely to suit up for the boomers this year.

We will never know exactly what went down here. Whether it was CU's fault, Simmons' fault, the NCAA, ICC, whoever.

My suspicions are squarely with the AD, though.

Ummmm - players. Boise State keeps plugging in good guys (2 stars often) and guys with 2-3 years in the program before they start. We are still plugging holes with freshmen (DL and WR this year). The first year's recruits were a joke as half didn't get in and many who did aren't too good. Hawk's first class are a bunch of Sophomores this year. The level of talent the last few years has been a huge upgrade. We lost 6 of our top 9 offensive linemen last year and three of the starters that were projected coming out of the Spring (Iltis, Miller, and Faatagi). We had the thinnest O-Line in the conference BEFORE the injuries (due to poor recruiting over several years there). Hawk brought in 7 O-Linemen in one class! They are Sophomores now guys. The core talent on this team is Sophomores. The talent level is getting better, but there's still holes.

We should start to win this year. Back away from the cliff boys.

Geez, Im away for awhile and all hell has broken loose. Im not gonna lie and say I wasnt waiting for it cause I have been which seems to be like all our fans these days. I dont give a damn who has to suit up, 10 wins and no excuses, remember? I hope this is just a clusterf*ck mistake with Simmons and he can play but CU will have to play the games regardless. Tired of all this whiny bitch stuff, starting to sound like Netbitches over here.

I disagree with that, in 2005 we managed to back into a Big XII North Title with Evan Judge and Dusty Sprague as receivers.

I don't know what you are disagreeing with but Dusty Sprague was a pretty good receiver - tall, good hands, good blocker down field. Evan Judge is exactly what I am talking about - an unheralded receiver who comes in and gets the job done. I would say either Sprague or Judge are better than McKnight and would be real assets on the team right now.

Great read here on being a walk on by Judge

The best two receivers on that 2005 team were the TEs. Both have spent some time in the NFL. When you look at the success Klop and Quinn had that season, it just underscores how important our TEs are going to be this season.

The best two receivers on that 2005 team were the TEs. Both have spent some time in the NFL. When you look at the success Klop and Quinn had that season, it just underscores how important our TEs are going to be this season.

I think we are deep and solid at TE this year, but also last year. Where were they? I'm confounded at why they weren't prominently featured after such a good spring game. We never saw them again (and yes I know Riar had some nagging injuries).

I keep coming back to this. Our biggest bang for the buck will have to come from Kiesau. We have depth and athleticism at TE and RB, not so much at WR. Play to our strengths and utilize this. Screen passes and quick flares and seam passes to the TE's will keep some LB's honest.

I think we are deep and solid at TE this year, but also last year. Where were they? I'm confounded at why they weren't prominently featured after such a good spring game. We never saw them again (and yes I know Riar had some nagging injuries).

I keep coming back to this. Our biggest bang for the buck will have to come from Kiesau. We have depth and athleticism at TE and RB, not so much at WR. Play to our strengths and utilize this. Screen passes and quick flares and seam passes to the TE's will keep some LB's honest.

If I remember correctly, the TEs stayed home quite often to help in pass protection.

Hopefully the improved OLine will allow them to get into the flat and into the seams. Deehan should be a major contributor.

Came for a Simmons update - got an analysis of how the TE's should be used this year.

I should have known better than to assume a 13 page thread would stay on topic.

Came for a Simmons update - got an analysis of how the TE's should be used this year.

There is no update. PissBomber says that 'something went wrong'... so whatever that means. Nothing officials, and nothing new since that comment yesterday.

There is a 13 page thread and you think it would be 100% on topic. I have seen threads that go off-topic on the first reply.

Someday we might attain the depth that teams like OU and Texas possess. Until then, injuries to guys like Kasa loom large.

I'm still sticking with 8 wins. We have questions, but so do a lot of teams in this conference. If our coaching staff is half as good they seem to think they are, bolstered by a favorable schedule, we'll do well this year. You get the sense that just some success for the program and the everyone will be pretty happy.

I will bring up a sore subject, CU is never going to get the depth issue resolved if they keep undersigning every year. I think for the last 2 years CU has not filled the available scholarships which is now resulting with CU being way below the 85 limit. Most schools oversign knowing that there will be some attrition, CU undersigns and then when attrition occurs it is a bigger deal. CU is going into this year with about 72 scholarship players available including about 15 true freshmen.

Back