What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons Recruitment Crisis

I thought the tidbit on Anthony Wright lining up at WR was actually the most interesting part of the article. Scout lists him as 6'1" with 4.5 speed with the ability to play receiver. Very interesting considering out depth at DB right now...

Let's assume he practices tomorrow.

For those who have very high expectations of Simmons this year and expect him to contribute significantly:

*Have your high expectations dampered a bit with him coming in even later than first thought?

I thought the tidbit on Anthony Wright lining up at WR was actually the most interesting part of the article. Scout lists him as 6'1" with 4.5 speed with the ability to play receiver. Very interesting considering out depth at DB right now...

agreed. Why didn't someone think of that last winter so he could have practiced there all spring?

I'm trying man, I really am but these people keep pushing it back and ringo thinks he just uncovered some great news and it's nothing.

Hawk has been talking like simmons is going to be at practice tomorrow for the last month.

Seriously, I doubt he's there tomorrow either. OOps, broke my word.:huh:

Does this help, or is more of a tease?
The 6-foot-3 wide receiver and junior college transfer has been cleared to enroll at CU and he could practice as soon as today, coach Dan Hawkins said after Tuesday's practice.

Let's assume he practices tomorrow.

For those who have very high expectations of Simmons this year and expect him to contribute significantly:

*Have your high expectations dampered a bit with him coming in even later than first thought?

I don't expect him to contribute much in the CSU game at this point. A little more for the Miami, Wyo and WVU games, and then expect him to probably be equal to everyone after that save Simas and McNight. Should be a very solid number three for us. IF things go that way I am pleased, and I hold out hope that he and Simas will be the Number 1 and 1a WRs for CU this year. My concern is if he can get on the same page with Cody as far as Cody getting the ball to him while he is moving toward the goal line. If the WR's have to keep settling down while facing the WB, catching the ball and then turing to run----well, that **** kills the yards after catch. If Cody can start hitting WRs while they are at full speed then things can be much, much better. And quite honestly, I am not sure if the WRs bedding down to catch a pass had more to do with Cody, or if it had to do with the WRs not being able to catch while running. WR has not been a strength the last couple of years.

Lawsy-sakes, Elvira-Fusker!

You'd be whining if it was reported he ran a 4.45 forty, wondering why his time wasn't 4.39!!!

Go back to Fusker's Illuminated where you can brag about that BIG NIGHT in Grand Island, with that sophomore cheerleader who "resembled" Rosie O'Donut! ("resembled" as in "dead ringer for", that is!)

wtf is he talking about?

I don't expect him to contribute much in the CSU game at this point. A little more for the Miami, Wyo and WVU games, and then expect him to probably be equal to everyone after that save Simas and McNight. Should be a very solid number three for us. IF things go that way I am pleased, and I hold out hope that he and Simas will be the Number 1 and 1a WRs for CU this year. My concern is if he can get on the same page with Cody as far as Cody getting the ball to him while he is moving toward the goal line. If the WR's have to keep settling down while facing the WB, catching the ball and then turing to run----well, that **** kills the yards after catch. If Cody can start hitting WRs while they are at full speed then things can be much, much better. And quite honestly, I am not sure if the WRs bedding down to catch a pass had more to do with Cody, or if it had to do with the WRs not being able to catch while running. WR has not been a strength the last couple of years.

Thanks for the response. I'd be happy if he can be our #3 WR and produce at that level.

**** It. It's just to much to take right now. Goodbye Zbuff. Goodbye Allbuffs.

It's been a good 26 years.

suicide.gif

Asshole! I've lived through last minute surgery and now you've pissed me off so I'm going Murder/Suicide on yo ass!

Goodbye cruel world! (again)

murdersuicide.gif

Damned if you don't rep kamel for killing himself. Damned if you do.

Somebody get a photo of Simmons at practice caught in the act of practicing so we can declare this crisis over.

Slider, I'm lookin' at you.

Simmons Recruitment Crisis: Day 19

Various commercial infotainment sources are reporting that 'Dre Simmons is attending fall camp and is cleared to practice. The 21 day Simmons Recruiting Crisis appears to be drawing to a favorable conclusion for weary Buffs fans. Barzillian News Network reporters are on hand to verify that this ordeal is indeed over.

Let's turn this over to BNN's man in the field, SliderNcider....

Slider, please explain where you are right now, and what exactly it is that you are seeing...

crisis averted!

Before going over to slider, we have a report from 14er, who is on the scene at the NCAA headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana. Hello, 14er. What are NCAA officials willing to say about this protracted cluster****?

Before going over to slider, we have a report from 14er, who is on the scene at the NCAA headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana. Hello, 14er. What are NCAA officials willing to say about this protracted cluster****?

I have it from a good source that Andre Simmons practiced with the team this afternoon, according to my good friend Dave Plati. Back to you. :smile:

Back