What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons

I'm not certain if this has been mentioned about Simmons, But my guess here is that had he chose to go to any other school from the North he may not have had to work near as hard to get into those other schools as he did to get into CU?

it was down to us and KSU for Simmons. You know K-juco all you need is high school GED and you can get into that school.

I'm not certain if this has been mentioned about Simmons, But my guess here is that had he chose to go to any other school from the North he may not have had to work near as hard to get into those other schools as he did to get into CU?

Good note; how awesome is that some that the kids that do decide to come to CU really, really want to be Buffs?!

DJ Hackett was another Juco as well as Jim Harper who was our kicker in 1990.

I thought Hackett went to Long Beach State and was allowed to transfer anywhere after their program dissolved? I guess that is about the same as a JUCO though.

I thought Hackett went to Long Beach State and was allowed to transfer anywhere after their program dissolved? I guess that is about the same as a JUCO though.

snoop.jpg

With so much drama in the L.B.C. it's kinda hard being Snoop D--Oh--Double Gee.

NOPE, DJ Hacket went to Cal State Northridge, and then transferred when THAT school lost football. 4yr school to a 4yr school, although a higher Division.

NOPE, DJ Hacket went to Cal State Northridge, and then transferred when THAT school lost football. 4yr school to a 4yr school, although a higher Division.

Cool. I knew it was somewhere in Cali. I meant like a JUCO in the way that we got him after he had played college football at another level before he came to Boulder. It is really too bad we did not have him longer, he was pretty damn good.

Cool. I knew it was somewhere in Cali. I meant like a JUCO in the way that we got him after he had played college football at another level before he came to Boulder. It is really too bad we did not have him longer, he was pretty damn good.

Yeah, too bad. He was awesome. Still listed as a free agent.

Tempered expectations? You have no expectations in this case.:lol:

For someone so interested in rational dialogue, you have a weird way of showing it. A neg rep comment of "Bwhahahahahaha" to my first post in this thread. You're a putz.

I was the one that got a "bwahahahaha" negative rep comment, pansy.

Really? Why do teams sign Juco's then that only have two years of eligibility?

Because it's two years of eligibility, not one. I'm not saying Simmons won't make an impact in 2010, I just don't think he'll make it in 2009. Does he know the playbook? The system? The environment? The speed and strength of Div1A football?

He'll have fall camp to get acquainted to A LOT. I just don't see it happening quickly enough for him to make a significant impact.

Because it's two years of eligibility, not one. I'm not saying Simmons won't make an impact in 2010, I just don't think he'll make it in 2009. Does he know the playbook? The system? The environment? The speed and strength of Div1A football?

He'll have fall camp to get acquainted to A LOT. I just don't see it happening quickly enough for him to make a significant impact.

I bet he knows more about D1 football than you

I think it's tough to have a Juco come in and make an immediate impact with no time on campus. With that said, this position is so depleted, CU will have to find a way to have him on the field for some packages against CSU.

I do think we have gotten a bit out of hand on this guy in terms of expectations. He really was only recruited by CU, KSU and a perhaps Arkansas. It's not like he was the #1 WR recruit at Juco or anything. I think he brings something physically that we don't have on this team which is good size with speed.

Let's get this kid on campus first and see what he can do. I sort of used up my lofty expectations for newcomers last year on DS. Let's hope Simmons can be a solid contributor.

I think he'll make a significant impact. He probably won't play that many plays in the beginning and he will be behind in knowing the playbook, blocking, etc. But you have to cover a speed guy and that alone will help the passing game, especially on passing downs. Without someone whose speed can stretch a defense and clear out some room for the "possession receivers," tight ends, and backs, CU will be toast on 3rd and long.

And you passed it on to me apparently, dumbass. I'm glad you figured that feature out. I look forward to more enlightened responses from you in the future.

And you passed it on to me apparently, dumbass. I'm glad you figured that feature out. I look forward to more enlightened responses from you in the future.

I would be a little more than suspicious of someone that noted their location as "a closet husker fan"

I would be a little more than suspicious of someone that noted their location as "a closet husker fan"

He just spelt it wrong. It should be in the closet of a husker fan. The husker is telling him to write the crap that he does or else its death by ungabunga. What Mania doesn't understand is ungabunga death is going to happen no matter what.

WE MUST SAVE MANIA!!

I bet he knows more about D1 football than you

And because of this, he will have a significant impact in '09? Don't start getting childish simply because I think he's coming in too late for CU fans to expect too much from him in year one. It's okay to have differing opinions.

...you sure do whine a lot.

I obviously didn't do that. A childish moderator who can't handle differing opinions did. It's absurd, but oh well.

And because of this, he will have a significant impact in '09? Don't start getting childish simply because I think he's coming in too late for CU fans to expect too much from him in year one. It's okay to have differing opinions.

I'm not sure what to make of you, but you are entertaining. I'll give you that.... :thumbsup:

Not whining. I actually think getting neg rep is hilarious. You and nosejob (think about the company you're keeping there) are the only two posters who have ever given me neg rep.

Your holier than thou, "I'm an objective fan" schtick is entertaining. Keep it up.

My sincere apologies to the board for expecting a player who arrives days before fall camp to have a significant impact in his first season in major Div1 college football.

:rolleyes:

mods cant **** around with rep comments.

Can you keep up? Please? I'm talking about the "Closest Husker Fan" that can be found underneath "BuffMania" on my posts.

Edit: And lookie there, now they've removed it. Thanks Boulder.

Because I'm not as optimistic as the consensus on this board. And anyone who isn't drinking the kool-aid, obviously must be a Husker or a Ram.:wow:

If by "not as optimistic" you mean you are a pessimist, than yes, you are correct. Not everyone needs to be a sunshine pumper, but you don't seem to have any positive takes on the Buffs. Most posters here are pretty realistic when it comes to the Buffs, and most of us are hopeful that 2009 is the season that things finally come together, such is the way things are in mid July. You seem to have a very black and white view of things.

Back