What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

since it looks like we are headed for obliviion in these final 3 games...

Other than Hawaii, those were Dan Hawkins coached teams. And even with Hawaii, that was the staffs first game at their respective positions ever.

Not to upset UH, but Dan Hawkins' teams faired a lot better than Embree coached teams have. I had plenty of optimism when I thought it was due, but at this point, I just don't see any reason to be optimistic about our chances in any upcoming game.

I see a lot more of the other way. I see a lot of attacking and mocking from the pessimists. I don't care if you have doubts, just don't attack those that believe.

It's called having a different opinion. You can say all the superfan stuff you wish, it's up to this team to pull their collective head out and win games, not the fans. After the last 6 years, it's hard to be optimistic about any game.

It's called having a different opinion. You can say all the superfan stuff you wish, it's up to this team to pull their collective head out and win games, not the fans. After the last 6 years, it's hard to be optimistic about any game.

I know, its the way some of the pessimists have acted. Flat out nasty comments sometimes. I have work to do too, it just gets old. I go deep in CU history and it hurts. It hurts when the team is struggling, it hurts when people attack the team, it hurts when a former player who loves the school is struggling trying to turn it around. Hell it hurts me that I have turned more into a pessimist than an opptimist. This is probablly the most pessimistic I have been about CU football in my life.

Hell I attacked one of our current players today.

I don't think questioning someone who asserts that we've got at least two road wins that are "locks" for next season when we haven't won a road game in 49 months and are currently losing games by 30-40 points - only because teams have been calling off the dogs - qualifies as an "attack".

I don't think questioning someone who asserts that we've got at least two road wins that are "locks" for next season when we haven't won a road game in 49 months and are currently losing games by 30-40 points - only because teams have been calling off the dogs - qualifies as an "attack".

eh, thats not really what triggered it, and I agree abou that

Not to upset UH, but Dan Hawkins' teams faired a lot better than Embree coached teams have.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....ha

Not a guy on a buffalo

Dan Hawkins lost to Montana State his first year, Embrees worst loss was either against Hawaii on the road or against Oregon at home.

Not a guy on a buffalo

If you want to play that game, the 2006 team was much more competitive overall than 2011. No comparison, really. I'd take a whole season over one game.

If we aren't 3-0 coming out of the OOC, we're in big trouble. We ought to be able to win at least 3 of 9 conference games and get to some kind of pathetic bowl nobody has heard of. That's assuming there are enough bowl bids to go around the Pac 12.

Sounds "competitive". Mission accomplished

It strikes me that at the current moment, the highlight of the season for both our teams comes from the same game - the one we played against each other. I am somewhat disturbed by this realization....

If you want to play that game, the 2006 team was much more competitive overall than 2011. No comparison, really. I'd take a whole season over one game.
The 2006 team also had a lot of decent players, we don't have that in the 2011 team.

We also played a much easier schedule in 2006 than 2011.

Dan Hawkins lost to Montana State his first year, Embrees worst loss was either against Hawaii on the road or against Oregon at home.

Not a guy on a buffalo

At this point in the season we had not been blown out by anyone and we had beaten Texas Tech handily. It doesn't matter much, because both seasons are unacceptable.

If Jack Harris can return healthy and be the guy at RT, I actually do think we can better on the OL. The major concern I have there is depth. We get any injuries like this season and things would get ugly.

As far as getting to a bowl game, I could see it, but we would need some breaks. I am thinking 4-5 wins is more likely. We are going to be really young in the front seven and I am not all that confident in our CB depth at the moment. We probably have to win some shootouts to get to six wins.

So let me get this straight.. we're penciling in wins against WSU and Fresno, both on the road? I see.

I think we'll be better next year, but we're going to be extremely young at almost every position. If Wood comes in and is instantly the best QB we've had in a couple decades, that's the only chance we have at making a bowl imo. I really hope we can land some worthy TEs for him to throw to and some young WRs step up to take a little pressure off of PRich. OL might actually get a push next year as long as Asiata locks up a guard spot and we remain healthy.

Defense should be improved, but I'm not sure how much. Front 7 is going to be ridiculously young and small again. We'll hopefully have corners, real ones, so that should help. Polk will be a 5th year senior and Washington looked good, I hope he can get back in there this season, he needs the PT. Rippy needs to come back healthy, but given how our players seem to not come back healthy from ACL surgeries for a year or two, I'm not so optimistic there.

So let me get this straight.. we're penciling in wins against WSU and Fresno, both on the road? I see.

I think we'll be better next year, but we're going to be extremely young at almost every position. If Wood comes in and is instantly the best QB we've had in a couple decades, that's the only chance we have at making a bowl imo. I really hope we can land some worthy TEs for him to throw to and some young WRs step up to take a little pressure off of PRich. OL might actually get a push next year as long as Asiata locks up a guard spot and we remain healthy.

Defense should be improved, but I'm not sure how much. Front 7 is going to be ridiculously young and small again. We'll hopefully have corners, real ones, so that should help. Polk will be a 5th year senior and Washington looked good, I hope he can get back in there this season, he needs the PT. Rippy needs to come back healthy, but given how our players seem to not come back healthy from ACL surgeries for a year or two, I'm not so optimistic there.

Speak for yourself, jerk.

My guess as to what next years final standings will be

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Cal
4. Stanford
5. Oregon St.
6. Washington St.

South
1. USC
2. Arizona St.
3. Colorado
4. Utah
5. UCLA
6. Arizona

:rofl:

Next year CU will still have the worst talent in the league and you have us finishing in the top half of the South Division? Delusional much?

IF things don't change on the staff, our record next year will be 2-10 3-9 at best. Not even one Top 15 recruiting class would change that (which we are far from getting)

Last edited:
Talent doesn't necessarily equal wins but why am I not surprised that Jimmy is negative as hell...again.

Not a guy on a buffalo

I'm most definitely penciling in Ws for those two cupcake road wins. Are you not? Stop being so ****ing negative you make me sick.

Lets stop with the personal attacks guys, it's not constructive.

My apologies. That was apparently a lame attempt at sarcasm. I thought it was obvious that most folks agree that Tini was stupid to assume those two road wins as guarantees.

Seriously though, how far have we fallen? Worried about games against Fresno and Wazzu because they're on the road. This road thing is unbelievable.

Back