1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Since the game is coming up in a few weeks..

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Goldenbuff12, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Goldenbuff12

Goldenbuff12 Guest

I thought i'd ask what is your guys's favorite gametime moment versus CSU. Mine would have to be Sal's comeback in '88.

2. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

well, there are so many obvious ones... lawrence vickers straight-arming the sheep defender into the endzone is a great one for example. marquesha getting stuffed on the goal line is another.

but, my personal favorite... 1983... a young mbb is lucky enough to be on the sideline at folsom by virtue of a sideline pass from a player on that team. it is early in the Mac era, and the Buffs are not yet a confident bunch and are still coming off the debacle of the fairbanks years.

the sheep are feeling very cocky about their chances to pull the upset. in those days, there was no doubt it would be an upset for the sheep to win, even with CU being down.

early in the game, a sheep wideout comes across the middle and a CU db almost decapitates him. the sound of the hit resounded thru folsom. as the receiver lay there, counting his teeth, the Buff db looked down and yelled "WELCOME TO THE BIG EIGHT, MOTHER ****ER!" and that was the last gasp of any sheep confidence in that game. CU 31 sheep 3.

Sexton Hardcastle likes this.
  3. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

My first road trip to see the Buffs. That was a great ending :smile2:

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

1998, first game in Denver, sheep fans were starting to get their cocky swagger. I think CSU was favored. CU just burned the lambs with Cedric Cormier and Mike Moshetti. Also in '03 in Klatt's debut.

5. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

:yeahthat:

The long touchdown strike with the lightning flashing was an amazing moment.

I'll add Crosby's game winner in 2005, and the game winner that led up to it. The hit Vickers put on Herbert in that game is one of my favorite moments too... :thumbsup:

6. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

That game was a ton of fun and the atmosphere was as fun as any game I have been to. That was probably one of the drunkest stadiums that I have ever seen, also. It was a night game and everybody got there early to drink. The chanting of the crowds was pretty fun back and forth.

Too bad the experience in Denver has sucked ever since.

7. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

It's hard to choose but I'd say stopping CSU at the goal line as time expired a couple of years ago.

8. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

That's another excellent choice. Particularly given who the running back was... :thumbsup:

9. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I liked the first time that Bloom touched the ball in a college game.:smile2:

Goaline with Markesha was good too. Lightning stike play was awesome.

Any play in any game were we beat the lammies is not a bad choice, really....

10. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

That game didn't start until 8pm and that place was definitely wild. As noted, the CSU fans had all this swagger because they were coming off a big win over MSU in East Lansing and were favored over the Buffs, which was very unusual at the time.

The 2001 game was probably the most satisfying for me because CU had lost 2 straight to the lambs, was coming off a 3-8 season, and had just lost their opener to Fresno the week before, so the pressure was really on CU in this one and they blasted the lambs 41-14 to get things rolling in what would turn out to be a great season.

The '03 thunder-and-lightning shootout game was a close 2nd for me because that was around at the height of when Van Punk was shooting his mouth off and it was the previous season that we had that bitter loss to them when Van Punk bounced the ball off Sneed's helmet while scoring the winning TD.

Another great one is of course the '04 game with JJ's stuff of Houston to win it. That has to be one of THE most dramatic finishes to any game I have ever watched. After the game I couldn't believe what I just saw because I have to admit that when they lined up to go for it I thought for sure we were gonna lose that game.

Really, I could put these 3 in just about any order. As MBB stated a few replies ago, there are so many obvious ones.

11. Unleash Hell

Ya, only we lost that game
    :sad1:

12. BuffTuba

BuffTuba Club Member Club Member

is there any video of the play you were talking about in the 1983 game MBB. I know it was in the early 80s but there were still video cameras around. If there is i would love to see it.

13. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

My favorites have been the years we haven't played them.

14. Unleash Hell

Cause you're afraid to play them.

15. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

I'd also say Cormier's 82-yard PR for a TD in 1998 and given the fact that game was on my birthday. .

I just re-watched that game the other night.:smile2:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  16. BuffGuy91

BuffGuy91 Well-Known Member

Sometime in the late 80 (88-89) Soupy reverse. Everyone in the stadium knew it was coming and the sheep still couldn't stop it for a TD.

17. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

I liked the 1988 game, it was my frosh year and we road tripped up, but I also liked the 92 game cause I got some PT with my folks and my grandmother in the stands(her only trip to Colorado from Florida). :smile2:

18. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

i just cant think of my favorite moment against the lammies. just wish they would die and go away.

that being said. i wish they would have played in '94. CU won in Ann Arbor that year with the Hail Mary. the Rams fell to Michigan in a bowl game later that year.

i rooted so hard against the lammies during that bowl game it was stupid. i did that because i knew what would follow had the lammies won.

"we beat Michigan fair and square and you got lucky on a last minute pass to beat them!!! CSU is better than CU!!!!"

now, i hate the CU/ewe series. however, that year is the one year that i wish CU would have played those fools.

Stewart, Westbrook, Salaam ect would have slapped 60 on those fools.

missing the series in that year is just a shame to me. that CU team would have sent that ewe team back another 5 years. :thumbsup:

JMHO :smile2:

19. 96 Buff

Afraid? Hardly. Just pointless for us to do so.

20. Buffman

Buffman Member

that was bradleee's best game ever and Klatt ran circles around him in his first ever start. :lol:

21. ChicagoRamFn

ChicagoRamFn Member

Definitely when Cecil Sapp carried 5 Buff defenders into the endzone.

22. 96 Buff

He wasn't asking about PlayStaion versions of the game.

23. Goldenbuff12

Goldenbuff12 Guest

I remember that play from Cecil "crip" Sapp. Oh, my mistake he was a Blood wasn't he.

24. ChicagoRamFn

ChicagoRamFn Member

It was a thing of beauty. No wonder you like to pretend it didn't happen.

25. ChicagoRamFn

ChicagoRamFn Member

CU fans don't have good cause to criticize opposing players on character issues without looking hypocritical.

Then again, you sure kept Ward Churchill around a long time and he's a proven plagiarist.

Best we stick to football, no?

26. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Sapp is a blue collar RB. He's got my respect.