1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

single game tickets...

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by buff4bcs1985, Oct 24, 2010.

1. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

when do they go on sale?

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

don't know, but in years past they've not sold single game seats for KU until day of the game....and I remember when Knight was at Tech with Emmett and Jarrious Jackson they did the same that season....hyping the RMK visit to Boulder.

i've always thought this was a goofy policy that sounds more like rah rah than good business. i remember in grad school standing in the ticket office with two buddies trying to buy KU tix a couple weeks before the game. you have customers/fans trying to give you their money and you say no. sure, they sellout so who cares.....but, as i recall we watched the game on TV and kind of soured on the whole thing probably went to the CEC less. and, we used to seem to always draw KU at the CEC the first week in Jan when the students weren't back...one of the first things, i've heard, that Mike Bohn changed. would seem that some grad students with money in their hands sounds like a "sure thing" vs. your marquee home game before school starts.

if there's some other logic i'm missing here....which is possible.....illuminate me. that fact that the ticket office has always been a cluster**** adds to my suspicion. every time we tried to buy grad school tix the system crashed when it was supposed to open for business (you have 300 days to prepare for the tix to go on sale and the computer crashes at least twice i remember)....or one year we had a group of 5 and they gave us a set of 3 and a set of 2.....15 rows apart. NOT what we ordered. we had a printed receipt for 5 tix together, a confirmation of order, everything. they told us there was nothing they could do and couldn't give a refund (once they had our money). they also offered to move us out of 117 into student GA "at no additional cost". yeah, right, thanks.

done venting.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  3. buff4bcs1985

im talking nonconference... but ok

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I had my season ticket change request approved last week. Seems like they're almost done with renewals. With the first game coming up in a month, I'd think single game tickets will go on sale very soon. I haven't heard a date, though.

5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

You can afford to go see a soccer match in KC, but can't put up 60 bucks for season tix? :huh:

6. buff4bcs1985

tickets go on sale nov 1st...

7. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

Thanks for the info BCS. I'm really looking forward to this season.