What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sipili update

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
We had one of the Grad Assistant coaches at our table at the kickoff luncheon today. We asked about Sipili and whether he'd play this year. His response was "Best case scenario - next week. Worst case scenario - he's gone for the year". :wow:

According to this guy, Sipili is really a good kid who simply doesn't know his own strength. Quote: "he's not somebody you want to mess around with".

We had one of the Grad Assistant coaches at our table at the kickoff luncheon today. We asked about Sipili and whether he'd play this year. His response was "Best case scenario - next week. Worst case scenario - he's gone for the year". :wow:

According to this guy, Sipili is really a good kid who simply doesn't know his own strength. Quote: "he's not somebody you want to mess around with".

this maps to my uninformed speculation.

he has a court hearing, i think i read somewhere, next week. if he pleads out to something minor or it gets dismissed, then i think he's back sooner rather than later. if the court case goes to trial or otherwise drags on while he tries to plead it down, then i suspect he will take a rs year and come back strong next season.

I looked up his roster info at CUBuffs website. He is an all around guy, good student and athlete. I wish nothing but the best for the guy, hope he learned his lesson well.

I believe, he'll be in a game *sometime* this year.

Last edited:
this maps to my uninformed speculation.

he has a court hearing, i think i read somewhere, next week. if he pleads out to something minor or it gets dismissed, then i think he's back sooner rather than later. if the court case goes to trial or otherwise drags on while he tries to plead it down, then i suspect he will take a rs year and come back strong next season.

I don't want to wait until next year. I hope this is resolved this week. From a purely football perspective, we need depth and talent at his position. We don't need it next year, we need it now.

We need a luncheon update!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to wait until next year. I hope this is resolved this week. From a purely football perspective, we need depth and talent at his position. We don't need it next year, we need it now.

Yes, we could definitely use the depth at LB

We need a luncheon update!!!!!!!!!

The luncheon was fine. They went with a slightly different format this year than in years past. It was OK, but nothing that burned my socks off. Alfred Williams and Charles Johnson did a bunch of back and forth stuff that was funny at times, not-so-funny at other times. Hawk said some stuff that's not supposed to be repeated on the internet, so I'll keep it to myself for the time being.

Back