What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SixZero Strength

I like Matt and then he drives me nuts as well. He does what he advertises, bring a lot of strength and recognition to kids that wouldn't get it at their HS since he pushes them how an athlete needs to be pushed and is an avenue for college coaches to look at since he does have quite a few kids who are at least DI level, but less that are P5 level.

Like others, his constant "This guy is legit Power 5 DI and he can't get a sniff from the in-state schools!!!" for a kid whose best offer is Wyoming is tiring. CU is being patient with offers in-state. They only see a handful of P5 level impact guys right now. Maybe that changes. Lynch is a good example. I had to read and hear him on the radio blowing this kids horn. Well, maybe if he went to CUs camp and outperformed everyone they would offer but CU likes to see a kid against similar talent up close. That's why Montez became "the" quarterback for last year's class. If Lynch was can't miss, I would be pretty pissed but I watched the tape and have seen the results and am under the same feeling the staff is, wait and see. I digress but this is an example that irritates me.

Love the intensity and work he's doing to get Colorado football at a higher level. I won't knock him for what he is bringing to the table at all, he's doing great things but yes, please don't try selling a kid as P5 and making the whole in-state recruiting argument to the forefront when it is where it should be.

Guys keep in mind the current football weight room isn't done and we have all athletes sharing 1 facility right now, there are also NCAA limits on how much contact and supervision is allowed. Work done at SixZero would be outside of those restrictions and in a dedicated facility where they dont have to split time and work out at odd hours because of Olympic sports.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tball-offseason-coach-player-access/14753531/
The question isn't whether they can go train somewhere else. Of course they can.

The compliance question is whether or not they pay the same price for the same access and level of service that any other random CU student would pay.

If a random CU student couldn't work out there, but a football player can - it might be an improper benefit.

If a football pays less than a random CU student = improper benefit.

If a football player gets more, better or easier access to coaching = improper benefit.

McChesney is considered a booster under NCAA by-laws (former players automatically = booster), which means even tighter rules than for the random gym owner down the street.

I'm sure they've gone over everything and are fine by the letter of the law, but it's not like this is a situation that doesn't raise any compliance red flags.

Last edited:
The question isn't whether they can go train somewhere else. Of course they can.

The compliance question is whether or not they pay the same price for the same access and level of service that any other random CU student would pay.

If a random CU student couldn't work out there, but a football player can - it might be an improper benefit.

If a football pays less than a random CU student = improper benefit.

If a football player gets more, better or easier access to coaching = improper benefit.

McChesney is considered a booster under NCAA by-laws (former players automatically = booster), which means even tighter rules than for the random gym owner down the street.

I'm sure they've gone over everything and are fine by the letter of the law, but it's not like this is a situation that doesn't raise any compliance red flags.

I think you are the only one who mentioned anything about compliance in this thread, while i agree about the compliance issues, I also agree it has probably been vetted by CU pretty thoroughly given McChesney's flirtation with us.

I think you are the only one who mentioned anything about compliance in this thread, while i agree about the compliance issues, I also agree it has probably been vetted by CU pretty thoroughly given McChesney's flirtation with us.
Funny, I read the original post as an expression of concern about compliance.

CU fans: #1 in the nation at worrying about NCAA compliance :lol:

We've been screwed by so many psuedo-violations over the years, can you really blame us?

Yes.

Because actual NCAA penalties have been next to nothing. A scholarship here or there. Some bull****. None a big deal.

The real penalties against CU were self-imposed. I see the internal implosion as something that's easier to understand when you see the amount of self-policing paranoia that goes on within the fanbase. The administration reflects the fans.

Yes.

Because actual NCAA penalties have been next to nothing. A scholarship here or there. Some bull****. None a big deal.

The real penalties against CU were self-imposed. I see the internal implosion as something that's easier to understand when you see the amount of self-policing paranoia that goes on within the fanbase. The administration reflects the fans.

But the training table! That's why we suck, because of those 3 scholarships we lost over 3 years.

I couldn't imagine what the reaction would be if we had a Miami type booster. For me, it'd be relief because we'd probably get some bluechippers.

Back