What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Size of 2013 class

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
Could not find a thread on it although it is probably somewhere. Anyone have an accurate prediction of the size of our 2013 class? Given attrition due to grades, etc. this year, assuming we end up with 25 that make it from 2012, plus who we are planning to GS (like Mccartney) how many can we recruit next year?

As it stands now, we're only graduating around 9 guys. However, we look like we'll be under 85 this year. Assuming no more attrition between now and NSD 2013, we'll be able to take around 12.

Well, there are 9 scholarship seniors. And as of now 81 schollies out of 85 allowed accounted for, including the incoming frosh. So my guess, absent attrition, is 13. One of those is taken by McCartney, so call it 12. Likely a small class.

EDIT: 'nik, the fast fingered, recruiting guru beat me to it.....

As it stands now, we're only graduating around 9 guys. However, we look like we'll be under 85 this year. Assuming no more attrition between now and NSD 2013, we'll be able to take around 12.
which is a huge assumption. There will be attrition, good and bad.

Sure, no attrition is a big assumption, but I can't really predict it. It almost always happens, a kid decides to shower in the women's restroom (allegedly), a kid doesn't make grades or decides to smoke a bowl. There is alot of road between now and then, we'll have to wait to see how that shakes out.

Wasn't that supposed to be our number last year? We'll find a way to add around 17 imo

Thanks for answering this question. I hope slider is right that it is closer to 17 in the end. 12 or so is scary as that is a very small class. Good thing Embree & Co. are closing some major holes with this 2012 class and that we now have 2 deep on the DL. I suspect next year's class will need more OL, WR, TE and LB. And I think JE wants to recruit 1 QB per class.

Wasn't that supposed to be our number last year? We'll find a way to add around 17 imo

That's what I was thinking, somewhere around 17-18.

We are likely to lose at least one or two academically, don't have any names but other than those programs that have guaranteed eligibility majors every teams loses guys to the books, sometimes it's just guys who get tired of studying.

In normal years you also lose at least one or two guys to career ending injuries.

On top of that I am pretty sure that we haven't lost all the Hawk guys who aren't ready to buy into Embree and his expectations. I don't think that Embree is going to flat out cut anyone but we still had some guys last year who didn't make the commitment to what the new staff is expecting and will leave rather than do what is expected.

In the end I wouldn't even be surprised to see the final number end up at 20 but that would be a high end.

Right around 15 would be solid, considering the number we are taking this year. And between 15-18 would go a long way towards balancing the classes out. I think 20 would be very high but would be great. Next year I believe we do take one QB, and then we rebuild our LB corps. We will need some help at WR and definitely on OL (the great thing is that some of our DL commits will be switching to the OL anyway so this may or may not be a huge need) I think next year is the year we start seeing some of the NFL mentality coming into play (ie taking the best players overall) I know we still have some holes to fill, but this class did a lot of work towards that.

Besides the obvious needs for next year at OL and LB. I think it would be great if we can find some serious speed and play making ability to the offense.

Hopefully having 2 huge FB's to lead the way can entice a top 20 RB to commit!

I'd be shocked if it was less than 20. Embree needs to recruit his type of players. A class of 25 would not surprise me one bit. The numbers will work themselves out, but CU fans should not worry about the 85 limit right now...

Back