1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skip holtz

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Sign him up. Solid coach! Also, it would piss Lou off, which can only be a good thing!

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

why would he come to a loser program with a loser administration? He can do much better than CU..

3. Darth Snow

thanks for your contribution Jimmy. It was as refreshing as it was unexpected! :thumbsup:

4. JimmyBuff

Sorry that the truth hurts.. Just because its the new year doesn't change reality..

Although it should be noted that I did call for Talkins to win 8 games next year in a thread earlier in December.

Talkins ain't going anywhere so forget about new coaches anytime soon.

5. JimmyBuff

BTW, great job by Skip letting his Goodman like kicker keep kicking.. :rolling_eyes:

6. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Did he hit any uprights?

7. Darth Snow

Yes. :lol:

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Skip Holtz or Al Golden would both be solid picks.

9. Idot Buff

Ugh. I have had enough of this bowl season.....i am going to barf. What happened to the prestige associated with Buff football?

10. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

it's completely non existent. nobody outside of colorado fans even remember that cu used to have a good football team

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Jimmy, you sell CU football way too short. There is a lot that CU has going for it. We're not a loser program. We have a loser for a head coach. There's a big difference.

Skip Holtz will be gone long before the Buffs get a chance to hire him, though.

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I believe that the Big East is going to announce football membership for East Carolina and that it should get him to stay for a while.

He makes $1.16 million a year at ECU. And they've got a 43,000 seat stadium they sell out, which is in the process of being expanded to 62,000 seats.

13. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Did you read this somewhere or is that just what you think will happen over the next few years?

14. Buffnik

Just message board and blog chatter.

It doesn't look like they'll be able to bring Villanova up to D1A and they need to at least get to 9 teams for schedule balance (4 home / 4 away in conference). East Carolina is #1 as far as mutual interest (assuming they can't get Boston College back or get Maryland to jump over).

Also a potential split that's looking very likely that will break the conference apart (8 basketball-football teams form a conference / 8 basketball-only teams form a conference). In that scenario, the football conference would look to add East Carolina. Memphis, UAB and Troy are the 2nd tier (they really don't like UCF for whatever reason). UMass, Richmond, Charlotte and Georgia State are all programs they have their eyes on which could move up to D1A football.

15. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Charlotte (UNCC) is a long way off from playing I-A football because they aren't starting play until 2013 at the earliest and then would be looking at at least 2-3 years playing at the I-AA level. The other 3 are more realistic possibilities since they already have well-established I-AA programs.

16. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

^This

sad but true....

17. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

not true at all. this summer i was in columbus, on an overnight. went to the champs sports bar for dinner wearing my colorado pullover. waiter says to me "when the hell is colorado going to come back? man, they had some sweet teams!"

people know who colorado is. even in the south. the bubbas i fly with who follow college football know damn well about what CU was.

18. Buffnik

Yep.

The only way you don't remember is if you're like 12 years old. But maybe that describes a good number of internet scum posters. Hmmmm

19. Idot Buff

At least during the Liberty Bowl, they included CU in the mix of the 50 other teams who have participated.....

20. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I would say those under the age of 25 outside Colorado and whose parents were not Buffs have little to no knowledge of the program before Neuheisel. If they followed CFB in 2001 they'll definitely remember that season but more than likely view it as an outlier of an above-average, but not great, program. It's going to take multiple winning seasons and consecutive CCG appearances to change the mindset of the younger generation outside our fanbase.

21. JimmyBuff

Historically you are correct. But with the people running it now and the administration who seems to not really care if we win or lose it sure feels like we are a loser program..