What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ski's brutal decision

This I do know...this team wouldn't have won double digit games this year without Ski...also in every interview he had he always referred to his teammates & coaches and "I" only if it was in context to the question asked. We as fans harbor no ill towards Burks, Roberson or Dinwiddie for leaving for the money yet it seems there is an element of hypocrisy in what I'm reading.
So now the questions should be asked
Where is your metal coach Boyle? It comes with the turf
Where is your mind Buffs? Welcome to next year
Ski could amaze one night and the next leave you shaking your head...for both I say thanks young man and follow your dreams and do what's best for you...you've given enough for the Black & Gold.

Ski is and has been injured for almost 2 months. Not shocking that he doesn't want to participate in a tournament that doesn't matter and instead wants to get right for pursuing a professional career.

Well, here you go. I'm sure holic won't believe these quotes, but...

[tweet]577906393140727809[/tweet]
[tweet]577906603220848640[/tweet]
[tweet]577906806501982208[/tweet]

Yeah, but I want him at practices and games supporting these young guys. Be a leader ski.

Absolutely agree per Dom.

There is a game tomorrow. Dom wants to step, it's his.

Let's go Dom, let's go Buffs!

I have no problem with Ski not playing, practicing, cheering, whatever ... this tourney is all about extra practices and games against solid opponents, to help us next year. That's it.

But, that said ... even if ultimately it's best for the program to play w/o Ski, the announcement was bungled and it casts negative light on the program. Don't know who to blame for that, but it doesn't matter. Perception is reality.

I was always taught to stick to your commitments, if he is that injured that should be the reason not "I don't want to play". The season isn't over he should be with the team.

Enjoyed watching him but this is not the way to end your career. This is not something you want on your resume for the future, whatever that may be.

Brought to you by Howdy Dong

This is total BS. Since when are players under scholarship allowed to chose when they do or don't want to play? He's quitting plain and simple, there's no way to sugar-cote or justify this. It's a free country, but if this is how he feel then perhaps he should also be paying his tuition for the remainder of the semester.

I find this strange all around. Regardless of the fact that he has an obligation, why wouldn't he want to play? Everyone is alittle banged up this time of years, there are far worse things in life then playing a *****ng game of basketball. This decision also likely does away with the already very faint chance he had of sneaking into the 2nd rd of the draft, no one wants a quitter. While Tad doesn't seem happy about this, he seems to have given Ski his blessing which I also don't understand. This has turned into one of the bigger sports stories of the day and has generated a lot of negative publicity.

The idea that this is somehow beneficial to the program is also BS. No one is happy we're in the tournament, but we should still want to win the damn thing especially since we're losing money by playing in it. Not having Ski doesn't help that cause. Plus as far as next year playing a few games (maybe just one) eight months before next season even begins hardly improves the outlook for next season as some have suggested; especially since four players (at least) who will be on next years team won't be playing.

Ski, thanks for Albuquerque, for Charleston, and for Kansas. Now good riddance. Enjoy whatever it is you're doing tomorrow night that's more important then the game and enjoy your future as a volume shooter in Bosnia. That is of course until you decide to turn your back on that team as well.

Well I was kind of on the fence on this thing until this post. Now I support Ski fully.

Who the **** cares? It's the CBI. I just think people are looking for one last thing to rabble rabble about.

Screw Vic Lombardi. Screw Roxy Bernstein.

...and Retire number 0. That what we owe Ski.

Inadvertent wording on your part but your mistake was nonetheless accurate. Zero, nothing, that's what we owe Ski. He quit, period. Couldn't even bother to be in the arena tonight to watch the game. This was a career defining move and nothing that he has done in the past gives him a pass for this.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by this level of intellect by someone in a leadership position of an organization completely void of anything that's even slightly original and whose staples include dressing up like it's fuc*ing halloween and generally acting as corny as possible. It's all much to the embarrassment of everyone else in the arena I might add.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by this level of intellect by someone in a leadership position of an organization completely void of anything that's even slightly original and whose staples include dressing up like it's fuc*ing halloween and generally acting as corny as possible. It's all much to the embarrassment of everyone else in the arena I might add.

No, it's not. I enjoy it. Thanks anyways.

Jesus help us. I'm reminded of Elaine Benes's comments about minutiae....

Regardless of how or why this decision came about, it really is best for the team in the long run. It is effectively the pre-season for the Buffs right now and they will get 7 months to fine tune what worked and change what didn't. Apparently having JS deliver pressure and double teams in the high post is a bad idea, so they can work on other options now.

Regardless of how or why this decision came about, it really is best for the team in the long run. It is effectively the pre-season for the Buffs right now and they will get 7 months to fine tune what worked and change what didn't. Apparently having JS deliver pressure and double teams in the high post is a bad idea, so they can work on other options now.

:nod: And I can see the people who don't like Ski being mad at him for playing in the tournament for the exact reasons you listed him. I think I need to apologize to the basketball mods. These posters are ridiculous.
[MENTION=2261]Rugged[/MENTION] @goose :sorry:

Two players leaving the program. One chooses to be on the bench and support his teammates; the other doesn't. FWIW, I have no skin in the game as I'm a fairweather CU basketball fan. I like Ski and he's one of the all time great Buffs. Just thought the differences between Tad's comments on DT and Ski were revealing.

[tweet]578564229520740352[/tweet]

[tweet]578564587886227456[/tweet]

People will defend Askia regardless. I'll side with Tad here. Just seems like an odd decision all around, and I don't think anyone can find an instance of this happening elsewhere recently either

People will defend Askia regardless. I'll side with Tad here. Just seems like an odd decision all around, and I don't think anyone can find an instance of this happening elsewhere recently either
Of another player not playing in the CBI? I can, and he played on the team we beat last night.

Yeah but DT is leaving with eligibility. This isn't apples to apples here.

I don't really see how that makes a difference here. Both are no longer a part of the CU basketball program (self-induced), but one chose to remain with the team and support them on the bench and the other did not. For once, I'm actually in agreement with Slider. Just an odd situation with Askia that I tend to roll my eyes at. I'm not trying to get in an argument about CU basketball, I just thought those videos were interesting.

I'm fine with the not playing. I would have never wanted to miss any games while playing sports, but I didn't have a pro career to look forward to, so I understand his decision. But for ****s sake, be a part of the team. Even if he hates the team, he has a week and half left at most. Get on the bench and cheer and coach.
Ski will go down as one of the more aggravating great Buffs in my mind. His place in the Buffs Bball hierarchy will be debated for a long time to come.

I'm fine with the not playing. I would have never wanted to miss any games while playing sports, but I didn't have a pro career to look forward to, so I understand his decision. But for ****s sake, be a part of the team. Even if he hates the team, he has a week and half left at most. Get on the bench and cheer and coach.
Ski will go down as one of the more aggravating great Buffs in my mind. His place in the Buffs Bball hierarchy will be debated for a long time to come.

I tend to agree with this. If he is not playing because he wants the team to learn to play with out him, why not be there on the bench to help "coach 'em up" for 4 more games, at the most?

I totally agree. I can side with him not practicing or playing in the CBI, but I don't know how to defend him not showing up to watch his brothers battle. what happened to shoulder to shoulder ski? I feel like that is one of those things he will regret in 10 years or so.

I don't really see how that makes a difference here. Both are no longer a part of the CU basketball program (self-induced), but one chose to remain with the team and support them on the bench and the other did not. For once, I'm actually in agreement with Slider. Just an odd situation with Askia that I tend to roll my eyes at. I'm not trying to get in an argument about CU basketball, I just thought those videos were interesting.

I agree that it is an odd situation but I think DT is marketing himself while Ski doesn't give a ****. That ruins the comparison. I think Ski should have been on the bench but it doesn't effect my life in any way what so ever so why would I care?

Back